24Network: FOX
Episodes: Ongoing
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: November 6, 2001 — TBD
Series status: Ended but then revived. Not cancelled yet

Performers include: Kiefer Sutherland, Carlos Bernard, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Dennis Haysbert, James Morrison, Elisha Cuthbert, Reiko Aylesworth, Jude Ciccolella, Kim Raver, D.B. Woodside, Roger R. Cross, Roger R. Cross, Penny Johnson, Penny Johnson, Glenn Morshower, Louis Lombardi, Gregory Itzin, Sarah Clarke, Carlo Rota, Jayne Atkinson, Eric Balfour, Xander Berkeley, Bob Gunton, Sarah Wynter, Leslie Hope, Cherry Jones, Peter MacNicol, Annie Wersching, James Badge Dale, Colm Feore, Jean Smart, Jeffrey Nordling, Jeffrey Nordling, Marisol Nichols, Rhys Coiro, Janeane Garofalo, Paul Schulze, Zachary Quinto, William Devane, Daniel Bess, Michelle Forbes, Geoffrey Pierson, Marci Michelle, Arnold Vosloo, Zeljko Ivanek, and Adoni Maropis.

TV show description:
This thriller series follows the exploits of Los Angeles Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) Agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) as he tries to safeguard the nation from terrorist threats.
spaceJack uses extreme methods often with great personal consequences. Each episode takes place essentially in real-time, with one episode filling one hour in a day in Jack’s life.
spaceImportant characters include President David Palmer and his wife Sherry (Dennis Haysbert and Penny Johnson Jerald); Jack’s daughter, Kim Raver (Audrey Raines); CTU techies Chloe O’Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Edgar Stiles (Louis Lombardi); Vice-President Charles Logan and his wife Martha (Gregory Itzen and Jean Smart); and CTU agents Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard), Michelle Dessler (Reiko Aylesworth), and Nina Myers (Sarah Clarke).

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV show has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

Canceled and renewed TV show

25 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. No Reality says

It’s also a good thing I used a DVR to watch this show. There was as much as 2-1/2 minutes of “Previously On” at the beginning of every episode. Really? Do they think we don’t remember what happened before? There were 12 episodes, with 2 minutes wasted on each, means they could have put 24 more minutes of program in rather than to waste our time. You could record all of those 2 minute snipits and just watch them to see the entire season in a few minutes. Don’t get me wrong, I like “24” and hope they make more of them, but I also hope they take more effort into making it actually possible, pay attention to technical issues, and don’t put 2 minutes of Previously at the beginning of each episode.

2. No Reality says

Well, I’ve watched all of the previous 24’s, and this one is well done, but the premise leaves me cold. Technically to think that a box can be built to take over all of the drones and now to bypass any and all firewalls is preposterous. Let’s face it – the drones are controlled by radio signals so all you have to do is to turn off the transmitter and no more drone control. It’s that simple. So I find this issue of 24 to be completely impossible and not worth much to watch. I’m still watching it but it doesn’t hold my interest.

• But Great Entertainment says

With technology, anything is possible. Keep in mind this isn’t a techmanual how to video.

Its a great TV show. Very intertaining, if you want documentarys and how to videos stick with YouTube.

• No Reality says

Not EVERYTHING is possible with technology. I’m an electronics engineer, and without a transmitter what they did is not possible. I just don’t want it to be a comedy and make me laugh so much when they show things that are not possible. Like I said – I liked all of the previous versions of 24, but this one left me laughing.

3. Mark says

This tv series if of the highest quality. The current series is outstanding. Its production values are excellent. It is rare to see a TV series these days of this standard. I live in the UK and i really don’t think that we can makes tv shows anymore that can come anywhere near the quality of 24 s09. I know that the production costs of a show like this are incredibly high but I do hope that they are able to make another series.

4. Marnie says

If Jack B. would talk normally and not always like he’s “running out of breath” I’d be able to watch the series – it is so good otherwise. He sounds too “affected” and hard to listen to. Had to turn it off.

5. says

Bring Jack back. I could watch him 5 nights a week. Very good show. Loved Chloe. She made everything happen. ( Abby on NCIS is a lot like her) Great when there is a smart woman behind the man!!!

6. Anonymous says

Kiefer Sutherland will return in the title role of Jack Bauer, a secret agent who will stop at nothing to stave off impending attacks.

“It’ll be dictated by the plot,” Kevin Reilly, the chairman of Fox Broadcasting, told reporters at a conference call on Monday. He suggested that the time constraints would be liberating for the producers, who have a long time to work on the story: it is not expected to have its premiere until May 2014.

The new version of “24,” with the subtitle “Live Another Day,” will be shown for 12 weeks in a row as part of what Fox calls a “limited series” strategy. That means that it is intended to be a one-time event — though in television, those plans can always change. Mr. Reilly acknowledged that there could be more installments in the future.

(The network also has other “limited series” in the works, including “Wayward Pines,” starring Matt Dillon.)

7. says

I loved this show. Yes, there were times when it wasn’t 100%, but what long running program is? As far as I am concerned, as long as you keep me coming back, you own me! I have been following Kiefer Sutherland’s work since “The Bay Boy” in 1984 for which he won a Genie Award. I was thrilled when “24” took off and he had found his strong place. I don’t get involved with his personal life as it is none of my business, his job is to entertain me, and make me believe he is the person he is portraying. I believed him and I believed in Jack Bauer. He was an everyday man that had to become a hero. He did so boldly, bravely and with honor. Yes, sometimes he had to go over the top, but we have “Black Opts” covert personnel out there that must at times visit and work in hell to get a job done that most of us either would not do or just don’t want to know about. Long live the patriot and welcome back.

8. Maxine Tolbert says

I had always looked at 24. Couldn’t seem to wait for the next episode; but of course I did. My daughter gave me Season One and Two as a gift. I continued to revisit them. I wanted to get the rest of them. I’ve loaned them from other sources, but I am trying to find the finale. I really hate saying that, it sounds so FINAL. I really wish Jack would get yet another chance at it. It kept my attention and had me setting my tv time around it. Maxie

9. says

Last I heard you were bringing 24 back. It seems the only way to keep Kiefer out of trouble ~ Is to keep Jack in trouble. All be it, Jack’s trouble is saving the world. Bring 24 back it’s a great show.

10. love24 says

24 is the merge of reality and unreality (human’s inner ugliness and heroic instances), please don’t take this away, don’t end 24. CSI can make it to Season 9 or 10, I am sure 24 deserve it too. Season 8 is way too short to end a great show!!

11. Gracie says

We thouroughly enjoy watching this show. Every bit of it keeps me involved. Of courrse we want to see Jack have a great relationship. Family, friends , foes and terroroists! How great for us!

12. Munira Kassim says

Dear All Concerned with the Series 24

It is my pleasure to inform you that, every time we watch 24 episodes, we crave for more and Jack Bauer is the main flavour of it all. If Jack is not there or threatened by an illness or removal, we feel let down. Please let the Season keep coming!!!!! We Love you all at 24, especially Jack’s favourite, Chloe, and we say Thank you for keeping us entertained!!! Jack Bauer – You Rock!!! You, with all your Team at CTU. That goes the same to the FBI agents who made seson 7 very spiceful!! Please dont let Jack die, Let his Daughter save him!!!Bravo 24 Team!!! Why did Bill Buchanan had to die? Who will be Jack’s mentor now? We thank you all the Crews and stars of 24. Please dont let us down, we are waiting for Season 8, please Hurry.

You Faithful 24 Series Followers,