Being Human: Syfy Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Being Human canceled by SyfyLast year, the UK version of Being Human was cancelled after five seasons. Now, Syfy has cancelled the US version after four seasons and 52 installments.

Here’s a press note from the cable channel:

With the second half of “Being Human’s” 4th season set to kick off, our human-at-heart characters are about to embark on a journey full of twists, turns and surprises that will culminate in a spectacular series finale on Syfy, Monday, April 7th.

Showrunner Anna Fricke and the talented producers, writers, cast and crew have done an amazing job bringing this show to life over the past four seasons and we sincerely thank them and the series’ production company Muse Entertainment for their hard work. They’ve saved the best for last with the final six episodes that revisit the story’s beginning, leading to a not-to-be-missed send-off for Aidan, Sally, Josh and Nora.

What do you think? Do you like this Syfy series? Do you think that Being Human should have been renewed for a fifth season?

sandikins April 19, 2014 at 12:42 am

I am so disappointed in the network cancelling Being Human. Liked the storyline and the characters.

Jean April 14, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I cant believe you cancelled this show, It was so good and I really enjoyed the characters. It doent make sense to cancel a program this is so awsome, Very dissapointing!!!

bookgirl2 April 12, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I absolutely adored this series. “Being Human” should NOT have been canceled. Although, it had a wonderful ending, I will truly miss it.

LovedBEINGHUMAN April 10, 2014 at 9:55 pm

I seriously hope whoevers decision this was to not renew being human for another season gets hit by a Mack truck and survives from it so they can enjoy all that pain for the rest of their life I don’t ever wish bad things on anyone but that was a damn good show every episode from the very first one!!!!! You f*cking suck at life and you should be glad I have no idea who you are or how to find you!!! Of all the stupid ass shows on TV nowadays and y’all bunch of idiots cancel a show that’s actually worth watching

Andrew April 9, 2014 at 6:01 pm

WTF what am i gonna watch now!!!! This show was freaking awesome and the way the ended it was not cool at all. Why do they cancel hit shows and air stupid ass reality shows.

malchyt April 9, 2014 at 8:03 am

I can’t believe you cancelled this show! Really, what are you thinking? It was one of the more interesting shows on TV and it, too, is gone. Wow.

vanessa April 8, 2014 at 5:54 pm

i think that the series should have been renewed ,it was a very good series thats to bad!!!

BJ April 8, 2014 at 2:13 pm

THE LAST EPISODE OF BEING HUMAN WILL BE THE LAST TIME I WATCH SYFY
TIRED OF GETTING INTERESTED IN ONE OF THEIR SERIES ONLY TO BE LEFT CONFUSED. SIGNED FED UP

Jeanette Hill April 8, 2014 at 10:15 am

Cancelled? Seriously? What are you thinking? What is the use of watching your channel if making poor choices are a constant? What genius decided that this deserved to be cancelled when the stupid series Helix was so hyped? Stupid is as stupid does SYFY!

Chavoita73 April 8, 2014 at 12:15 am

I hate to see this show end…. It’s one of Syfi best shows! I will greatly miss it!

John April 4, 2014 at 1:37 am

I think it sucks that this is ending, but as I used to watch the UK version and saw it end, I knew the the US version would follow suit.

Molli April 3, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Noooooo! I love this show. :(

Janie April 3, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I had a feeling this would be the last season even though this is one of Syfy’s best shows ever. From what I’ve read, the cast and crew knew this would be the last season and have not left room to return. My son and I watch this show every week and we will miss it. Hopefully these talented actors will find equally challenging characters to portray in the furture.

PS – This sucks ballz!!!

Slemsb April 2, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Really?! I love this show! Syfy seems to really be going down hill!