America Now: TV Show Cancelled, No Season Five

America Now canceledAmerica Now is ending after four seasons on the air. The syndicated lifestyle program which is hosted by Leeza Gibbons and Bill Rancic has been cancelled.

Raycom Media, which produces the daily show (via ITV Studios America) and covers all of its production costs, confirmed the cancellation.

America Now is a show we are extremely proud of,” said Paul McTear, president and CEO of Raycom Media. “We love Leeza, Bill, the content and the fact that it’s family friendly and advertiser friendly. But it failed to measure up, from a business-model standpoint.”

Combining original content with segments from local stations, the show premiered as a one-hour show back on October 30, 2010. In September 2011, it was downsized to a half-hour daily show but two episodes often aired back-to-back.

It’s unclear when the show will actually end but its expected to finish out the current season.

What do you think? Did you enjoy watching America Now? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

96 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Caroline says

Extremely sorry to see this program go. The content was quite useful, as opposed to some of the worthless junk available , but I do understand economics. Thanks for a good program while it lasted.

2. Dortha says

I really liked America Now. I liked the stories and the format. Leeza Gibbons and Bill Rancic are very good hosts. They are both caring people and not just shallow “sensationalists”. I hope they will come back to television some day.

3. anonymous says

America now a very good and useful program. This is my first online opinion.i thought the show was gone for a long time. When a program i watch gets moved to a new time slot i usually dont see it again. Too bad. Typical to see good programs removed while trash stays. Do not expect any number of comments will make a difference. Just had to express opinion. Sorry to lose a great program.

4. Bevlyn Jackson says

Where can one find the products that were introduced on the show? At one time you could go online and purchase products, but that site no longer exist.

5. T.D XT says

I agree with Faye, & everyone else who agrees this was a great, informative show. It really seems that the t.v stations just want people to watch dumb stuff only, that’s why those shows stay & this one has to go. That is the dumbest reason to cancel a show. That’s a great show, one of the realist & needs to return back on to t.v especially at better hours so more people can watch &learn from t.v for once!

• Anonymous says

I really do agree with Faye’s comment above. I watch it mostly every morning and I have gotten a lot of tips from that show. In fact, I watched it this morning. I am looking for the shrimp recipe to follow and I will make it this afternoon. 3/23/15 Mary