America Now: TV Show Cancelled, No Season Five

America Now canceledAmerica Now is ending after four seasons on the air. The syndicated lifestyle program which is hosted by Leeza Gibbons and Bill Rancic has been cancelled.

Raycom Media, which produces the daily show (via ITV Studios America) and covers all of its production costs, confirmed the cancellation.

America Now is a show we are extremely proud of,” said Paul McTear, president and CEO of Raycom Media. “We love Leeza, Bill, the content and the fact that it’s family friendly and advertiser friendly. But it failed to measure up, from a business-model standpoint.”

Combining original content with segments from local stations, the show premiered as a one-hour show back on October 30, 2010. In September 2011, it was downsized to a half-hour daily show but two episodes often aired back-to-back.

It’s unclear when the show will actually end but its expected to finish out the current season.

What do you think? Did you enjoy watching America Now? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled?

bb August 27, 2014 at 4:02 am

I remember first watching this show when it first aired in october of 2010, it was on for an hour and bill was by himself on it. Then later on, lezza joined on. So, I have been watching it from day one. Not to mention that a few local area news reporters were on there also.

Dot M. Shaffer August 25, 2014 at 4:00 pm

THIS SHOW STARTS MY DAY!!!! SO MUCH INFORMATION THAT I USE EVERY DAY. IT IS INFORMATIONAL, INTERESTING, HELPFUL AND WE NEED IT.
PLEASE FORGET YOUR POLITICS AND KEEP THIS SHOW ON. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR TAKING IT OFF THE AIR EXCEPT PERSONAL BIAS AND NO CONSIDERATION FOR THE MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE HELPED BY THE INFORMATION COVERED IN THIS PROGRAM. IN ADDITION, BILL & LEEZA DO
A GREAT JOB— VERY DELIGHTFUL PEOPLE.
I HOPE TO GET A NOTICE THAT THE SHOW WILL BE CONTINUED.

Bill Tabor August 25, 2014 at 10:32 am

Will really miss America Now tv show and internet postings.
Guess it really had to do with NBC’s politics. (extreme left)
This show had some very useful information for everyone.

bb August 27, 2014 at 3:59 am

I didn’t even know that it was on nbc, because where I live at, it’s on a cbs affiliate

Kathy August 24, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I just found your program and am shocked that it is being cancelled!!
What a shame!
I found it very informative.
Is there anything we can do to help it stay on the air and maybe on another network and time?

bb August 27, 2014 at 4:07 am

I image you could contact the president of raycom directly or draw up a petition on most social media pages to have it signed by the ones that ones that want the show to stay on the air and after the ones signed it, present it to Raycom’s president. That would be all that I could think of for now.