Army Wives: Is It Time for the TV Show to End?

Last episodes of Army Wives on Lifetime

As the sixth season of Army Wives is winding down, last night’s preview hinted that the TV series’ finale is in sight. The promo notes “only four more episodes until it all ends.”

The news doesn’t come as a surprise to our readers as we’ve suspected that there might not be a seventh season for quite awhile but it is the first time that Lifetime has hinted that the show is being cancelled.

For those who missed it, here’s the promo:

What do you think? Do you think there should be/will be a seventh season or is it time for Army Wives to go?

Jill August 13, 2012 at 5:02 pm

PRETT PLEASE DON’T CANCEL YOU GOING TO LOSE IN THE LONG RUN I WILL EITHER CANCEL MY CABLE AND STOP WATCHING TV ALL TOGETHER . PLEASE KEEP IT ON LIKE I SAID PRIOR WE PAY FOR CABLE TO HAVE SHOWS WE LIKE ON SO I WANT TO KNOW IS, IS IT REALLY WORTH PAYING FOR CABLE NOT T SEE WHAT I WANT TO WATCH

Deb9923 August 13, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Please do not cancel this show! It is good programming and a good reminder of what the men and women who keep our country free go through on a daily basis.

Rene Reed August 13, 2012 at 4:04 pm

NO! Iam an Army wife and I look forward to this fantastic show every week…..it should not end! It is the top rated show on Sunday nights ….why cancel?

Vicki August 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm

This is the BEST show on TV!!! Please don’t cancel it!!!

Patricia Gray August 13, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Please Please Please don’t cancel Army Wives. I watch very little TV and I look so forwad to watching this. I will be so disappointed.

Donna McVay August 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Don’t cancel it. Please its the only show on that I make sure I set time for. I feel so close to all those characters it will be like losing my family.

Kayla August 13, 2012 at 1:46 pm

This show should definitely come back for another season! So many new things have happened just in this season alone (like Roxie and Trevor welcoming their set of twins) that I just don’t think that the producers of the show should leave us hanging. The Army Wives have become a part of my every Sunday night, and I will truly be disappointed if it all comes to an end. Please consider renewing this show…it is advertised that it is one of Sunday night’s hottest dramas…so why not continue it? In addition, Army Wives has many followers on Facebook, so clearly there is an audience base, so why not continue to air the show until ratings drop so low that there really is no point of holding on? As I see it though, the show is booming, and filming should continue.

bonnie krane August 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm

do not want army wives to be cancelled. one of the best shows on tv. please do not put on ahnother stupid reality show in its place.we have enough of them.put on something that will hold our intrest. army wives have been part of my family. will be very sad to see it end

Roseanna Wood August 13, 2012 at 3:18 pm

why does it seem like all the good shows get cancelled and the stupid ones keep getting renewed. Army Wifes is an awesome show, very realistic, they are a family. I love the show don’t cancel it….

Sandra Anderson August 19, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I absolutely agree! Every good show out there gets cancelled, and replaced with some stupid reality series showing idiots doing ridiculous stuff to get on TV, usually embarrassing themselves (or those of us unlucky enough to be flipping past their channel when they’re doing something they WOULD consider embarrassing it they had any common sense!) Every show in which one can get involved in the story line, and which presents as something a family can sit down and watch, and maybe discuss later, gets cancelled because the broadcasting companies thinks we’re all embiciles who enjoy crap! Cancelling ‘Army Wives’ means we’ll be shutting of the TV on Sunday evenings and reading a good book, and maybe watching a Netflix movie from time to time.

Jill August 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm

yes please don’t cancel keeps canceling all the good shows why because reality shows we pay for those shows to stay on if they put a reality show on I will just cancel my cable company I am tired of paying for something that I don’t have a choice in the matter why watch stupid reality shows I have that at home already

Livia August 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Absolutely there should be another season. We’re invested in these characters. Please don’t cancel this show

Irish Patsy August 13, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I abslutely think that there should be 7th, 8th, 9th seasons and until the actors are so old they can no longer act! For years my two televison guilty pleasures were Desperate Housewives and Army Wives, both on Sunday night. This year there will be no DH…please don’t take away Army Wives, too. There is so little to watch on t.v. since reality television took over and I can’t stomach any of them. As someone else pointed out, this show teaches values and honor and patriotism…something far too lacking in other media. Lifetime: please reconsider canceling this series. PLEASE.

Maggie Yoder August 13, 2012 at 11:55 am

No. The only series, other than “Good Wife” that is not he same thing week after week. All others….if you’ve seen one show you’ve seen tham all….nly the location changes.

Sheila McCall August 13, 2012 at 11:11 am

I will be so disappointed to see this show end. I work for a cable company and get all channels (hundred of them) for free as a benefit but I always watch or DVR Army Wives. We need more shows like this instead of most of the garbage they put on TV today. Lifetime cancels “Against the Wall” and now “Army Wives”. They were the only reason I watched the chanel on a weekly basis. They stink!

Peggy Jury August 13, 2012 at 9:32 am

NO! I hope they do not cancel Army Wives!! All the good shows are getting cancelled!
I look forward to Army Wives every week!

Anonymous August 13, 2012 at 7:20 am

No this is good clean fun, one of few shows with values please continue this show. Please order season 7

Kathie Willows August 13, 2012 at 6:49 am

I got interested in Amy Wives on netflixs. I am hooked and will be very dsappointed t there is not a season 7