Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

Hunter November 11, 2012 at 11:04 pm

would follow this show to any channel, its so funny and just great to see. They just never advertised it enough and if people don’t know anything about or ever hear of it they can’t look it up or stop on it when flipping through channel.. Its been a year and they would have missed a season but thats alright with me as long as they bring it back.

Blake November 10, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Funniest show EVER!!! It’s very sad to read and hear that BMS wouldn’t be continuing into season 4. Thad is the funniest actor I have ever seen in my life. It would be awesome if BMS miraculously continued on!!!!

connor November 10, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I started watching BMS when I would go to my friend Patrick’s house and I’ve been hooked on it ever since. I have all three seasons on DVD. Me and and My stepbrother love this show.I would watch it if went to any station and I would love a BMS movie.You have to bring this show back.

latinking November 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Yea I agree that was the only show was the best!They definitely need to bring that back for a fourth season, I’ve seen all the episodes and i still watch the repeats and BMS movie would be the shit!!!!!!!!

austin czeczinski October 31, 2012 at 7:39 pm

It was the funniest show on Tv made me wish all college was like blue mountain state

Anonymous October 31, 2012 at 1:17 am

Switch to “unscripted reality bs… Seriously. We get enough of that garbage on tv already. Cutting Alex’s senior year really makes me think twice about spike at all. Just lost a viewer

Jane Marie October 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm

BMS Movie? THIS WOULD BE THE “PEAK” OF MY LIFE!

Gigs October 23, 2012 at 10:32 pm

You need to keep this show going.. I didn’t even know about this till introduce from a buddy on Netflix .. I’m tottally hooked.. NEEDS to come back!

connor November 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm

yea same thing happened to me they need to bring it back and put it on comedy central so the ratings will go way up

andrew October 21, 2012 at 8:09 pm

This show is too awesome why f***ing cancel it bring that shit back please

cristian October 20, 2012 at 5:18 pm

i would watch bms on any station and a movie it would be great!

cristian October 20, 2012 at 4:52 pm

don’t end the show please i love this show! keep it going will ya!

Aly October 15, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Bring it back I love this show!! and you can’t just cut out Alex’s senior year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan October 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Not enough advertising of it I showed my friends on Netflix they all loved it

Dillon October 6, 2012 at 4:57 pm

BMS is the best show ever!!!!! You can have so much more stories…It can keep going…DONT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike October 4, 2012 at 12:27 pm

this show needs to come back. tooo funny