Bones: Season Nine Ratings

Bones TV show on FOX ratingsThe ratings for Bones have been declining over the past few seasons. Will they continue to fall or will they start to rise? Could it be in danger of being cancelled or is it a lock to be renewed for season 11 on FOX? Stay tuned!

Bones revolves around a forensic anthropologist and an FBI agent who now share more than just cases. The cast includes Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz, Michaela Conlin, TJ Thyne, Tamara Taylor, and John Francis Daley.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

1/29 update: Bones has been renewed for a 10th season.

5/20 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings in context.

Last year comparison: The eighth season of Bones averaged a 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.75 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Bones TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 10th season?

Beatrice Wilson February 28, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Leave Bones on!!!

Ana February 2, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I love Bones and I try to keep up every week even though I live in Europe.
Why do they keep changing the airing day and time?

It would be a shame if they cancel the show. I’ve been watching it from the beginning!

tom February 7, 2014 at 10:20 pm

this episode was the best this year

Justin January 6, 2014 at 3:30 am

I love this show one of my favorites I thinkthey should keep it running and I domt thing god should have anything to do with it who cares what they say about god theyargue both ways stop trying to ruin things for others because they dont believe the same things Iit shouldnt matter

Arthene December 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I appreciate the scientific forensic facts. If the fan(s) needs the character(s) /(Temperance /Bones,) to express less opinion(s) about God/ question existence, then concentrate on the forensic facts & solving cases, {so you don’t turn off the religious fans. The episode with all the forensic scientists was good: watching them banter facts back & forth among themselves. I like the equipment used for solving the murder. I watch it every time, even the reruns. At least air Bones late at night (10 p.m., 11:30 p.m., Midnight,,,) if not at prime time

Twink December 7, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Love… Love… This show!!!! Just finish watching the first 8seasons on return on TNT. They do need to spice it back up from the older days. What about hodges and Angela? I love the did the twist with the interns… My hubby really likes them… Please don’t cancel… I would miss my weekly get togetherness…

Kim Strand November 8, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I have always loved Bones, but it seems last year it got a little corny… and I was very disappointed with the honeymoon episode… because we wanted romance, etc… I think if the writers ramp it back up like it was in seasons 1 – 5, we could get the old Bones back… plus the romantic element. Maybe have something happen to Booth or Brennan to keep the emotions up. I do like their relaxed relationship, but with the usual banter. I still think they have great chemistry, let’s just play on it. :)

Brilliant Disguise October 26, 2013 at 6:57 am

Bones has been one of my favorite shows but after their marriage it feels like it is time to say goodbye – I’m sorry that Season 9 only has 7 eps and not the usual 20 or so

Thanks to all the special characters in Bones – all of those in Bones regular team and all the interns!!!

Thanks to the makers of the show

Viggie4 October 8, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Bones is a Great Show. It has never been given a chance by the press. It has and still does story lines that are interesting, educational, funny, intense, and the drama for a very good show. Why is doesn’t rate higher because it does not get the publicity from the media that the other shows get. They are not the “A”. I would rather watch them then hear yelling, stupid jargon and no real direction the show is going.
Bones Fans are loyal. We are 16 years of age to 70+ years of age but they are only interested in the young. There are a lot of other people out there enjoying shows also.
I am 71 but I do not count in the ratings.

Anonymous September 30, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Love bones!

B. Robert September 24, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I think it is one of the better shows offered on TV with great actors and characters. It would be sad if ‘Bones’ was not renewed. There is still a lot of story for the different characters. I hope they renew it for as long as it can run. Being that it is on a paid cable station and not a public network like CBS, ABC and NBC many millions of viewers still enjoy the series.

Sammy Carson September 18, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I find some of the remarks concerning God and “Bones” confusing. Very few shows bring God front and center. For this reason I think “Bones” is brave to be insistent about their being a greater and high power. Booth loves Tempe, of that there is no doubt. Tempe is not a believer and she makes no bones about it. Somehow these two totally different people found each other, honor and respect each other, work well together and are finding ways to stay strong and bend to each others wills and ideology when deemed necessary. The fact that for the most part their relationship works is a miracle. And the Lord works in mysterious ways is a statement of truth for this couple.

thomas September 18, 2013 at 2:05 am

i dont think calling god a bastard is the way to help ratings but i have watched the show since it started

JC September 17, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Love it. I didn’t watch the first 4 seasons and then caught up. Not as intense as other programs I like, Ncis, Ncis Los Angeles, Nikita, Criminal Minds, The Good Wife but nice for a change and good humor.

Anonymous September 17, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I generally enjoy this show. I find it intelligent and informative. The cast is interesting and for the most part they work well together, but sometimes I want to smack them. I’m glad it didn’t take Tempe too long to chill and realize that something was up with Booth. How long have they been together? Angela who is often rather wise seems to have dropped about 50 points in the IQ department. I find that insulting to her and the viewers. I understand that you have to have someone in the doubting Thomas section, but Lance and Daisy would have been enough. I know that many viewers just love those two but personally I wish they would just get married and keep their craziness at home.

dodi September 17, 2013 at 10:34 am

I watched it last night and i didnt care for . They might do better with their ratings if they didnt shame the name.of God on there just saying!!!!!

tom December 28, 2013 at 2:35 pm

i thought it was just me that noticed that