Breakout Kings: Cancelled; No Season Three

Breakout Kings no season 3A&E has cancelled their crime drama, Breakout Kings after two seasons and 23 episodes. It seems this case is closed.

Breakout Kings follows a squad of U.S. Marshals who make special deals with prisoners to catch escaped convicts. The cast includes Laz Alonso, Domenick Lombardozzi, Brooke Nevin, Malcolm Goodwin, Serinda Swan, and Jimmi Simpson.

The series debuted in March 2011 to a 1.2 rating in the demo with 2.8 million viewers. The ratings declined in later weeks and the first season finale drew a 0.8 rating with 2.01 million.

Should Breakout Kings have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In March 2012, the second season debuted with a 0.8 rating with 2.11 million. In that episode, many viewers were shocked to see Alonso’s lead character Charlie abruptly killed off. Alonso later told fans that leaving the show was not his idea.

Over the course of season two, the ratings for Breakout Kings further declined, hitting a low of a 0.5 rating with 1.27 million. The finale aired last month and A&E has decided they don’t want a third season.

Of the cancellation, Malcolm Goodwin (Shea on the series) tweeted, “So Breakout Kings is canceled. Thx to all 4 the luv & support over the last 2 seasons! It’s been a fun experience! Much luv! On to the next.”

The news comes soon after co-creator Matt Olmstead was signed to run NBC’s new fireman drama, Chicago Fire.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Breakout Kings won’t be back for a third season? Did Alonso leaving the series influence your watching the series?

Aisling March 29, 2014 at 8:31 pm

God i miss that show. I mean i found each episodes story line really interesting but i mainly watched it for character progression. Lloyd and Jules were defiantly my favorite and i was gutted A&E didn’t give the relationship a little more time and what the hell happened to Ray! When i found out it was cancelled i was only half way through the first season on Netflix and usually i would give up by then but the show was just too good to stop. At least Santora shaped some kind of ending for the fans, which is more to say than some creators and it give me some closure. I don’t know maybe Netflix could bring it back if they have enough money to make new series surely they have enough to bring back old ones. I would kill for shows as good as this on our irish channels. I really and truly hope they bring it back.

Suess March 16, 2014 at 2:27 pm

PLEASE bring it back!!!

Daniel Cannon Cannon March 3, 2014 at 12:38 am

I wss absolutely gutted :(

Shelly February 27, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Please bring Break Out Kings back!!!!! Great show and cast!!! My family enjoyed all the episodes and was upset about the show being cancelled.

Leigh Smith February 22, 2014 at 7:01 pm

PLEEEEEEEEEASE bring it back! PLEEEEEEEESE…………..Brilliant

Gab February 11, 2014 at 1:34 am

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ON CANCELLING?? The best show I have seen in a long time and they don’t even finish it !!
Do us and yourself a favor and bring it BACK!

Sheri February 10, 2014 at 11:05 am

Loved this show can’t believe how it was left with everything up in the air It’s a shame very few good shows on anymore!

frosty February 7, 2014 at 11:23 am

anon rite!!!!! wtf kinda way is that to end a show!!!!! great cast great show all around

Anon February 2, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I cannot believe they canceled this! It was such an amazing series, I got so attached to each of the characters and for what?? It to be canceled? That is just ridiculous. Such a bad call on A&E’s part, now I don’t even want to start another series associated with them because it would probably get canceled!

shawna February 2, 2014 at 1:57 am

bull shit you left it hangining. who doesn’t finish a show. i want to see the end!!

David Foster January 31, 2014 at 12:18 pm

It took me til the 4 th episode of Season 1 to realise that this is actually a very good show. I was hooked. Was shocked to see Charlie get killed off and thought it might affect the show but No. The show kept getting better and better. The final 2 episodes of Season 2 were superb TV. And then to hear that the show has been cancelled IS a travesty and a very wrong decision. Only Fools and Horses ( British comedy) took 1 or 2 series to get off the ground BUT when It did…It was voted as one of the best British TV programmes of all time.

Anonymous January 28, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Love this show bring it back

Brandon January 23, 2014 at 12:24 pm

my wife and i watched it religiously. We were really getting to become attached to everyone. It might have just been timing with what was out at the time (most likely now that Breaking bad and Dexter is out it most likely would have had a better chance today. The Name was great,the characters were great, the whole idea was great! I think they should seriously reboot it and make it more raw….just like Breaking bad. no holds barred. it will do well.

anon January 20, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I personally really liked it, it reminded me of white collar, but a bit more blue collar. Had they been allowed to continue, I feel they could have expanded on the characters even more. By cancelling, they wasted an amazing opportunity.

tonee January 17, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I cant stand it when they leave a show unfinished….i love this show and as someone else said i found it on Netflix….never even heard of it…but i would love to see another season… please bring it back….

Tamay January 19, 2014 at 7:25 am

I totally agree with you! I want moree Breakout kings !