Chasing Life: Season One Ratings

Chasing Life TV show ratingsABC Family had high hopes for Ravenswood but it was cancelled after one season due to low ratings. Twisted is very likely to be cancelled as well. How will Chasing Life fare? Will it be dropped as well — or renewed for a second season? Stay tuned.

Chasing Life revolves around a young newspaper reporter (Italia Ricci) whose big plans get thrown in disarray when she’s diagnosed with cancer. The show’s cast also includes Mary Page Keller, Richard Brancatisano, Haley Ramm, Aisha Dee, Abhi Sinha, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Scott Michael Foster, and Steven Weber.

Below are the show’s TV ratings, typically the best way to tell if the series will be cancelled or renewed. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress:

11/6 update: This show has been renewed for a second season by ABC Family.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.0 million total viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like the Chasing Life TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

306 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tiffany Powell says

I really enjoy the show and April is a big inspiration and influence in my life. I lost my pawpaw and nanny due to cancer. Even though I don’t have cancer I can relate that never give up on anything no matter what brings me down because it could always be worse.

2. Joyce Geer says

I love this show! Last two shows in this time slot was cancelled and I loved them both. At end season excited see what wad gonna happen cancelled.
    I this one makes it.

3. Gigi says

Love LUV this show!!
    I know all too well @ Leukemia and still want to know more @ what happens to April & hope for miraculous outcome.
    The actors are great although don’t care for sister and her lesbian storyline.

4. Brandie says

Please keep the show. It gets more interesting and it focuses more on real life then on fake drama. Death and cancer are real losses and fears it makes you examine your own life and look at what your doing with it and what life you are leaving behind and how you treat those you interact with. You never know what someone else has going on that they are dealing with. This show is awesome!

5. Shay says

Please keep this series! I love it so much. It makes me think about life, and look at it with a different perspective! I enjoy watching it every time!

6. Natalie says

This show is so touching. It’s an absolutely phenomenal show and I would be devastated if it got cancelled. Definitely should be renewed!!!

7. K Donahue says

Please renew Chasing Life! Interesting storyline and great actors! Market it better though because more people need to hear about it!!!

8. Wilson says

I love this show. Please do not cancel it. I would like to see Leo have the surgery come out good and him and April start a relationship. But please don’t cancel.

9. Leeann says

With each episode I become more and more obsessed! Chasing Life is so raw and refreshing. It really makes you think about how you’re living your life and if you’re appreciating every moment.