Chozen: No Season Two for FX Animated Series

Chozen TV show on FX canceledA certain rapper has had his career cut short. FX has cancelled Chozen after one season of 10 episodes.

This animated comedy follows Chozen, a gay white rapper who’re recently been released from prison. He’s now got a new message and is on a quest for redemption, to claim his rightful position as the world’s top rap artist. Chozen stars Bobby Moynihan as the voice of the title character. Others in the Chozen cast include Hannibal Buress, Michael Peña, Nick Swardson, Kathryn Hahn, and Method Man.

The series debuted in January to 946,000 viewers with a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Viewership dropped about 30% in week two and got worse for subsequent episodes. The season finale on March 31st hit a new low with 451,000 viewers and a 0.3 demo rating.

Though the cable channel is still committed to putting out original scripted content, the ratings were too low to mandate a second season of Chozen.

What do you think? Did you enjoy the Chozen series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Lisa February 26, 2015 at 2:15 am

BRING THE SHOW FOR MORE SEASONS. I LOVE THE SHOW…IT’S HILARIOUS AND SUPPORTS THE LGBT COMMUNITY, AND ALSO IS A SHOW THAT IS SUPER FUNNY, DIFFERENT…SOMETHING YOU DON’T REALLY FIND ON TV..IT’S AN AWESOME TV SHOW THAT NEEDS TO COME BACK!

og February 25, 2015 at 1:51 am

Turn that shit back on for real that shit was dope

Riverdawg February 24, 2015 at 8:27 pm

I thought it was new, hilarious, and really pushed some boundaries . It’s a real disappointment that we won’t get to see any new episodes. Hopefully somebody will pick it up one day.

Anonymous February 23, 2015 at 10:55 pm

What!!? No it was hilarious

Levi February 19, 2015 at 6:52 am

Fucking bull shit. Chozen is hands down one of the funniest and innovative shows I’ve watched in forever. FUCK

og February 25, 2015 at 1:50 am

Bru for real turn that shit back on for real

Heather February 19, 2015 at 1:44 am

dude. b moy is rad. and so was this show. it was such a different kind of show. followed archer rite? should have gotten better ratings. maybe there was never enough at stake? maybe should have pushed the scripts further becuz with a huge (as in large body) gay, white rapper, you would think there would be a lot to over come. maybe it never got the chance. but who knows…maybe Netflix will be cool, hence arrested development and bojack horseman. it’s hard with reality tv taking over, more and more brilliant shows are getting the ax cuz people would rather watch that honey boo boo (BOOOOOO!) shiat. but can I get an amen for community getting season 6?

Anonymous February 17, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Chozen was amazing. Please bring it back for another season. Ratings are low do to pirating!

dana February 17, 2015 at 10:48 pm

I love that fucking show , we need a second season !!!

Chris February 17, 2015 at 10:08 pm

I can’t believe your not going to make a second season. I’ve been waiting and waiting and now come to find out it got cancelled I’m very disappointed I thought Chozen was hilarious and witty show. Tell you the truth I couldn’t wait for a second season needless I’m very disappointed.

Anonymous February 16, 2015 at 4:21 am

Chozen was Friggin hilarious! Original and one of a kind.