Chozen: No Season Two for FX Animated Series

Chozen TV show on FX canceledA certain rapper has had his career cut short. FX has cancelled Chozen after one season of 10 episodes.

This animated comedy follows Chozen, a gay white rapper who’re recently been released from prison. He’s now got a new message and is on a quest for redemption, to claim his rightful position as the world’s top rap artist. Chozen stars Bobby Moynihan as the voice of the title character. Others in the Chozen cast include Hannibal Buress, Michael Peña, Nick Swardson, Kathryn Hahn, and Method Man.

The series debuted in January to 946,000 viewers with a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Viewership dropped about 30% in week two and got worse for subsequent episodes. The season finale on March 31st hit a new low with 451,000 viewers and a 0.3 demo rating.

Though the cable channel is still committed to putting out original scripted content, the ratings were too low to mandate a second season of Chozen.

What do you think? Did you enjoy the Chozen series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

BarnabyJones August 27, 2014 at 2:34 am

Who the F*** has time to watch cable television anymore? We have this thing called the internet and people have jobs and lives you’re either gonna DVR that or just watch it online. Screw ratings they don’t mean jacksh*t

Danie B August 23, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I’m beyond fed up with my favorite shows being cancelled. First it was NBC’s Dracula, now Chozen, what the fuck is the deal. Y’all execs need to get your shit together.

Sgt jack August 23, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Awesome bring it back season 2 ! Even if it’s straight to DVD

Just a Fan August 20, 2014 at 2:10 am

Ok Seriously , why why why why why , why do you cancel one of the funniest shows iv ever seen, literally every one i showed it to loved it, we have 16 and pregnant but we cant have Chozen, yea ok, so i support Chozen coming back in fact i hope it dose or something , PUT IT ON DVD ILL BUY THAT SHIT SERIOUSLY XD

Angel August 16, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Chozen was another best just like archer it was funny it showed passion and determination and to not let anyone push you down and let you stay there, it taught us to strive for our big dreams it was epic!!

TyrGUN2011 August 14, 2014 at 1:40 am

I’m a little late but i just finished the first season of this show with friends and people who i didn’t even think would like the series were laughing their butts off, this show was hilarious and they didnt even give it a good chance, and i agree, some of us dont have cable, in todays day and age there is way more dependency on t he internet and social media and FX isnt even giving shows like these a good enough chance. Not only that but this may have been one of the most openly gay shows ive seen in a long time, especially one that wasnt sent straight to LOGO. I would not be suprised though if nothing comes of this show in the future and it is officially filed away into the television graveyard, FOX and FX have a habit of killing off all actually interesting shows after the first season, then leaving crap shows like Masterchef, So you Think you can Dance, I Wanna Marry Harry, American Idol, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine..

alli w August 9, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I wonder if they could do a web-based version to increase viewership. I mean, who watches tv anymore?

How are the Nielsen ratings supposed to take the internet community into account when FX doesn’t stream the episodes?

I hope they do a Kickstarter to keep this going (Like Bee and Puppycat).
*shruggs*

Nomadicman August 6, 2014 at 12:38 am

It was a great show that was both funny and creative. Anyone who says this show was bad has no sense of humor at all!!!

LadyG0726 August 4, 2014 at 11:42 pm

This show became more and more funny each and every time. I couldn’t wait until the next episode. I used to laugh so hard, I had to change my clothes. No second season?, you must be kidding me. It was so over the top and non-pc. It didn’t take itself that seriously to try to be pc. It was funny as hell, unapologetically so!!!! It;s almost as bad as the Two and Half Men debacle. Non one was more funny than Charlie (Sheen). Ashton Kutcher is just overpaid fluff. Whatever is placed in Chozen’s time slot will be the same–”fluff!!!”

tainted August 4, 2014 at 10:50 pm

man this show NEEDS the season 2! every episode gets better and better! fuck ppl hating on the gay white protagonist

NotChozen August 2, 2014 at 10:14 pm

This show was total poop. Watched one episode naive to the fact it was a gay protagonist. That aside it was a horrible show, gay or straight it needed to end.

Anonymous August 2, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Best show ever

Dominik August 2, 2014 at 7:06 pm

i actually liked the show very much. i have a lot of gay friends who think so aswell.
the jokes were as good as in any other crapy cartoon (southpark, family guy, etc…)

AWA-D July 26, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I loved the show. It’s a new idea, not everyone would understand the situations and the comedy, but I used to wait every week for the new episode.

Robyn H July 26, 2014 at 9:58 am

Man, this show just got better and better after each episode, I was seriously pissed off to hear that it got cancelled after one season. It was just building more and more momentum after each episode then cut short way too early.

WE NEED A SEASON 2 WITH DAT GANGSTA BEAR, YO!

Avaldez August 27, 2014 at 2:11 am

I am so bummed out. That show was freakin hilarious and so what if the ratings were low. Haven’t you heard of second chances? Bring it back. This is one show I could actually get my husband to sit down and watch with me.