Crossbones: Season One Ratings

Crossbones TV show on NBC ratingsA couple years ago, NBC aired Crusoe, an adventure series based on the classic Robinson Crusoe novel and character. It was quickly cancelled. Now, the network is trying Crossbones, another adventure series about the same era. Will this one be a success and be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled as well? We’ll have to wait and see.

Crossbones revolves around the life of Edward Teach (John Malkovich), better known as Blackbeard the pirate, and his desire to aquire a valuable invention called the longitude chronometer. Others in the cast are Yasmine Al Massri, Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, David Hoflin, Tracy Ifeachor, and Chris Perfetti.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.68 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Crossbones TV show? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

210 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. sharon says

of course the ratings went way down for episode 8 and 9….who knew they were going to be shown on saturday when all along they were on friday night…..tv execs may make a lot of money but that doesn’t make them smart.

2. Linda & Joe says

We are big fans of CROSSBONES. Excellent show, show hope its not cancelled. One of the best shows on television

3. Mad says

That would be crazy to cancel Crossbones!! They should promote it a little better so people know its out there. Perhaps put it on a non-weekend day? Its an amazing cast and an amazing script! KEEP IT GOING!!!

4. says

My husband and I love this tv show we recorded it all the time and watch when the kids are a sleep so PLEASE don’t cancel it it’s one of the best tv shows i have eve seen I just love Black beard he is awesome

5. says

Why, why? Because some of us watch our TV shows on Hulu.com? Do they count that as a viewer? I have never been so disappointed in the shows that continue to be viewed, opposed to the ones cancelled. “Rake” was absolutely great also.

6. Susan says

Crossbones is a terrific show. Well acted, always interesting. No reason to cancel.
    I hope the network changes their mind. If not then hopefully an other network will pick up the show.

7. KDArthur says

I am almost tired of watching any new shows, on network television, because most of the shows I like… get the axe and are cancelled. Before “Crossbones”, on NBC and “Gang Related”, on Fox ever even aired, their first episodes… that for net. TV they would not make past season one. Personally, I think these folks at the networks, deciding on what shows to cancel and what to renew, expect far too much out of their TV shows. Another example of a show, that I was very surprised wasn’t canceled 2 seasons ago, but then did get axed after a great second season… was “Revolution”, on NBC. There are many more stations now days, that back in the 60s, causing many people never to even watch the main four networks, on TV. I just wish they would give the TV shows, on the main networks, more of a chance to hook and envelop the viewers, instead of just pulling the carpet out from under it, because a 100 million people didn’t watch the first three episodes each. Not to mention, when people hear that a show isn’t doing good, like “Crossbones”… what incentive is the network giving viewers, to watch, because they’ll(the viewer) simply get invested in the show and of course, like all TV, get left with a cliffhanger… permanently, once the show is officially cancelled. The people that pick and choose the new shows, are TERRIBLE at that job, if they have to cancel, each year, as many shows, as they do, because in their minds, the episodes were not bringing in high enough ratings.

• Jennifer says

Don’t tell me Gang Related has been cancelled as well?? I’ve really grown to like that show A LOT!

I have to agree with everything you said. I hate to start watching any new shows because it never fails, whatever I find to like, it always gets stuck in the death slot or some other issue gets it cancelled. It doesn’t seem worth it to invest time in television anymore.

• KDArthur says

The way they cancel shows, these days… makes it really not worth investing your time in, because the chances are, any new shows for that season, will be canceled, on the big 4 networks. “Gang Related” is a great show, that I would love see progress, but according to other web articles, chances are… it is getting canceled. If “Gang Related” gets renewed, for a second season… it will be a miracle, from what I have read, though I hope “G.R.” does get renewed(just don’t count on it). I wonder what percentage of new TV shows, on the main 4 networks, get renewed… hell maybe 5%, if that!!!