Dads: Season One Ratings

Dads on FOX ratingsThis new sitcom has received lots of terrible reviews. Will Dads also get poor ratings as well? Cancelled or renewed for a second season? We’ll have to wait and find out.

Dads revolves around two successful video game developers (Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi) whose lives are turned upside down when their fathers (Martin Mull and Peter Riegeret) move in. The rest of the cast includes Brenda Song, Tonita Castro, and Vanessa Lachey.

The higher a show’s ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/7 update: FOX has cancelled this sitcom after one season.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.50 million total viewers.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dads TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Matthew Reynoso August 29, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I love this show, and I know so do other people, its really funny just like other Seth MacFarlane’s creations, I know this deserves a second season.

poul laursen August 30, 2014 at 9:52 am

Really does deserve a season 2+ more…Martin Mull is SO great in this part…(my favorite dad)

Elizabeth July 13, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Unbelievable that FOX has cancelled Surviving Jack!! Such a GREAT hysterically funny show!!
BRING BACK SURVIVING JACK!!!

Ronald June 24, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Anything really funny is always dumped if it isn’t appealing to EVERYONE…..what happened to progressive TV and comedy with an edge….Fox is adding more medical/cop and drama shows

Richie May 31, 2014 at 12:27 am

I think Dads is a good show. I think they should give this show a second season. I liked the black humor they played out. But maybe that was the problem. We are turning to much of a politically correct Country. Just look what happen to the clippers owner. Excuse Me But He did not offend anyone. Blacks are Blacks He didn’t call them any names. And He has the right not no like a specific race regardless of race or color.

Anthony Angrywolf June 5, 2014 at 6:15 am

Please go comment on the Father of the Pride article on this website and ask them to bring it back!

FW16 May 24, 2014 at 7:43 pm

please bring back DADS! funniest tv show EVER!!!

Anthony Angrywolf June 5, 2014 at 6:16 am

Agreed! And please comment on the Father of the Pride article on this website and ask them to bring FOTP back as well!

Jake Soltau May 22, 2014 at 2:50 am

Fire who ever cancelled DADS! It had much potiential, alot of shows don’t usually pick up till the 2nd season (parks and recreations) but here you had DADS where it was great from the get go. I loved each episode as did a majority of my friends and we are now beyond disappointed. Why should I invest MY time watching shows on your network if your going to cancel the one’s I like, at least give them another shot with a 2nd season. Boooooo FOX

Anthony Angrywolf June 5, 2014 at 6:17 am

Please comment on the Father of the Pride article on this website and ask them to bring it back! I am a huge fan of Father of the Pride!

Becky May 21, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Im so disappointed that Dads was cancelled! This show is HILARIOUS! The entire cast made us laugh. Everyone is so funny and it’s one of the best shows on TV. Definitely one of the best ideas for a show in quite awhile. I sure wish they would reconsider renewing the show.

Lindsay Bisono May 20, 2014 at 12:47 am

This show made me laugh. I enjoyed watching it . I even told a few of my friends and they started watching it. Bring it back. It’s a shame that the good shows are being cancelled

Michelle May 20, 2014 at 6:20 am

I also turned some people onto this show who are very upset with me that Fox cancelled it. Thanks Fox!

beckie May 16, 2014 at 2:37 am

Please don’t cancel – this show is funny!!

Detrick May 12, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Finally a sitcom that actually makes you laugh!! Figures they would cancel it!

Donna May 6, 2014 at 4:38 am

Please bring Dads back! This show was one of my favorites as well as friends and other family members. We can’t believe that it got such terrible reviews. Maybe because the majority of tv watches would rather watch garbage like Honey Boo Boo and the other reality crap shows. I like sitcoms that make me laugh. This sitcom was full of laughter. Each character was funny and had great jokes. I’d be really disappointed if it didn’t come back to at least wrap up the show to just pull it like that was terrible!

Cindy May 5, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Please bring back “Dads”. It is funny!!!!! It is as good as “The Millers” and “The Goldbergs” It is so much better than Moms. We need some good sitcoms to laugh at to unwind with!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back Dads.

Dads Rocks April 28, 2014 at 10:07 pm

FOX has given a lot of shows second chances. They’ve even renewed shows with lower ratings than Dads. I hope they renew this show. TV needs Sitcoms in this format!

Roxy Carroll April 28, 2014 at 8:10 pm

PLEASE PLEASE … renew this show! this is THE funniest show on TV! I have never laughed as hard at ANY sitcom as I have with this show! The writing is hilarious! The actors are incredible! PLEASE do NOT cancel this show!!!!!

Wm Robinson April 23, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Do not cancel one of the more refreshing shows