Dark Blue: TNT Series Cancelled; No Season Three

Dark BlueAfter two seasons on the air, TNT has cancelled Dark Blue. No season three for Carter Shaw and his LAPD team.

Dark Blue stars Dylan McDermott as the leader of an undercover unit whose members are so covert that some of the members of the department don’t even know they’re involved. The rest of the cast includes Omari Hardwick, Logan Marshall-Green, Nicki Aycox, and Tricia Helfer.

The cancellation of the cop drama doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Despite a decline in ratings, the series was renewed for a second season last December. The second round of 10 episodes began airing in August and the numbers were worse than they’d been in year one.

Season two averaged a 0.6 rating in the key 18-49 demographic and 2.25 million total viewers. Those figures make the series the worst performer of TNT’s summer season and ripe for cancellation.

Dark Blue ended its run with two episodes on September 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the TV show has been cancelled? How would you have ended the series?

Neil Meyerowitz May 12, 2012 at 1:28 am

I also just watched Season 1 and 2 back to back. I’ve had the series on my mix for a year and never got around to watching it now.

It was awesome. I loved everything about it and can’t believe it was cancelled. If the rating were bad, it was only because TNT didn’t market it right.

A show like this gets cancelled and Desperate Housewives, Grey’s, Karashians and all that rubbish continue for years.

Very sad stuff.

ion April 20, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Amazing, they alwasys cancel the good stuff, while the crap keeps on coming ? BRING BACK THE MOVIE !

Sammy April 14, 2012 at 2:18 am

Rhis show was awesome. I’ve literally just watched 2 seasons episodes back to back in 3 days. I was hooked on it.
Shows like this need proper advertising & put on at times that people watch & also times if the year when there isn’t so much competition.

I’m gutted there’s not going to be a season 3

Markus April 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Another show cancelled , not for being bad , but because the network to stuuuuuupid to know where to place it

Anonymous April 1, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I couldn’t believe thus show was cancelled. It was great, and I wish they would bring it back!

Amy March 30, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Are you serious?! Why did they cancel this show? All the characters were awesome and it was a great storyline every episode!!

Paul March 14, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I enjoyed the show as many other people did. Would love to have it come back for season 3,4,5,6……….

Matt March 7, 2012 at 1:51 am

I loved this show. I was very surprised when I heard that it got cancelled, I think that another network should purchase the producing rights and give it another shot at a different time of year.

tyrel March 1, 2012 at 4:00 pm

dis is d best cop show ever&dey cancelled it steups….

pimpinyohoe4sho February 26, 2012 at 11:29 pm

This show was much better than the ones I watch now, and how they ended it just killed me, I really can’t believe the show wasn’t successful, I guess it shows you how stupid the average person is…….

Redmother February 20, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I loved this show. The charactors were great. I really miss Dark Blue, but at least TNT had the sense to rescue Southland when NBC made the miss take of dumping it.

Patrick January 26, 2012 at 7:27 am

This show was awesome. I cant believe they cancelled it, why didn’t they just move it to another part of the year when there is less competition so the people can actually get INTO the show, and once they watch a few shows, they are hooked. That’s the way to do it. There are so many shows on in the summer time. Burn Notice, The Closer, Psych, White Collar, In Plain Sight, Justified, Leverage, etc…lot of them on, so much competition. Put this show on in the fall, up against the CRAP that the Networks run. There are very few shows I watch on the major networks anymore. All those CSI this and that, Law and Order, Undercover boss, the good wife, who is actually bad since she stuck with her cheating husband, just so she could cheat with her lawyer boss…yeah, she is GOOD alright…STUPID show. House is ok…..so is Fringe, but Dark Blue deserves another chance…..JMHO

louis January 26, 2012 at 1:15 am

This was my favorite show I looked forward to see it again. I’m very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe they need to show it on local channels like CBS, maybe because TNT is cable, but great show my favorite, bring it back

Let e Let January 5, 2012 at 9:24 pm

chris January 4, 2012 at 1:20 pm

great show it had it all action drama suspence off the seat acting skill by the whole team in the show im so upset they canceled this show because i enjoyed it very much