Dog the Bounty Hunter: A&E Series Cancelled

dog the bounty hunter canceled no season 9There won’t be a ninth season for Dog the Bounty Hunter. The A&E TV series has been cancelled by the cable channel.

The reality show follows Duane “Dog” Chapman and his family as they work as fugitive-recovery agents across the country. Dog’s team includes his wife Beth, their grown sons (Duane Lee Chapman, II and Leland Chapman), daughter “Baby” Lyssa, and Dog’s unrelated “brother,” Tim “Youngblood” Chapman. The show was inspired by Chapman’s appearance on Take This Job, a series about people with unusual occupations.

Debuting in 2004, Dog the Bounty Hunter became a valuable property for A&E and versions of the show have been seen in various international markets.

Over the course of the eight seasons, the show has had plenty of backstage drama. In 2011, Duane Lee and Leland quit and severed ties with the family.

In September 2011, Bobby Brown, who’d appeared in 30 episodes of the show, sued because he said that he’d been promised that he’d become a full castmember but it didn’t happen.

The final episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter will start airing on Saturday, June 2nd, with a pair of installments, “Luck be a Lady” parts one and two.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Dog the Bounty Hunter has been cancelled? Was it time for the show to end?

Bob. F. April 12, 2013 at 8:27 am

Glad this white trash show is gone, how stupid can a show get?!?!?!

nancy aragon December 30, 2012 at 12:56 am

It wasn’t his fault it is just the nature of the beast, and with everything that has gonna on that we don’t see on camera I think before they try to come back they need to work on their family as a whole. There are a lot of old cuts that need to be fixed first. But I think they should try n come back to reality tv, not to many people r willing to let there whole live unfold on live tv I will miss the show but right now I think it was the best decision for their family

angie December 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

OMG! they should of never been cancelled.what are they thinking. Im not happy about it

Michaela Elmore November 27, 2012 at 9:15 pm

OK! Dog should of never ended. I might be 12 but I love Dog. The show is very interesting and should have never ended. I was so sad when I found out Duane Lee and Leland quit they are great Bounty hunters, Beth and Dog is like the best couple EVER!! It is like the best show ever, with romance and action! The perfect show! I watch Dog ever morning when I get ready for school! I`m glad they let the repeats continue.

webcams September 26, 2012 at 5:26 am

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a weblog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I have been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided bright transparent concept

Riskygirl August 23, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I def. wish the show would’nt have been cancelled but
I’m more concerned about the family’s break up and serious
Issues with one another. I pray they work through their
problems above anything else.

Mandi August 3, 2012 at 8:59 am

I love Dog and his family. I watch every episode and was extremely disappointed and sad when I heard they cancelled his show. I really hope A&E or someone else will have some sense and bring them back. They are a wonderful Christian family who believes in everyone. Even the people that have a bad rap are given second chances. Even the ones that Dog or Beth said weren’t getting second chance because of what they did they are given a second chance. Dog is always trying to help people, he goes to many places and talks to people to give them hope and a future. Where else can you find someone so wonderful, who is family oriented, loving God and willing to help everyone while telling his personal life story to help encourage people. I am very sorry to see he’s not on anymore and I pray that he will be back.

Julie Marie Roth August 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Please reconsider this CANCELLATION of the BEST show A&E HAS/HAD ON THE AIR. I wish they would move the show to TRU-TV!!! that would be super. Better shows than A&E has now.

Shelly Crewse August 1, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Loved the show and always looked forward to the new seasons. Really disappointet when found out it was cancelled. Hoping another channel will pick him up. Kept criminals off the street…isn’t that what we all want?

Patti July 29, 2012 at 12:58 am

I really like the show and miss seeing it. I know what he has done, but I’ve heard worse in the movies and some shows on TV. In the heat of the argument things slip out that you don’t mean and you are just striking back. How many times have you heard some of the fugitives utter four words. I know, you want to say that he should be above it, but he is human. It is reality and things happen. It is a great show and has helped so many, along with entertaining others. Please bring Dog and his family and the show back.

bobbie July 9, 2012 at 10:41 am

I have been watching every episode, and i am 64 years old.When I went to oahu in 2007 I took a bus just to visit his bail bonds business. he was not there due to filming the night before. SSSSOOOOO upset with you for cancelling the show. Bring them back ,PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Nickolas June 27, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I am so sad to here that dog is going off the air it makes me mad I’ve watched every episode of every season

chris worsham June 24, 2012 at 12:54 am

Very, very sad to hear this news. My family and I love this show. Just watching the shiw has given me the strength to quit my addiction to drugs. Watching the show and seeing how drugs destroys families and destroys lives; I came to the realization of that the path my life was headed towards, and I didnt want to end up like the people dog arrests. I now own my own business and with the help of the good lord i am blessed once again. I also wasnt doing my two young daughters right with what i was doing. And I have the Chapman family and A&E to thank.

joyce cummings June 22, 2012 at 3:53 pm

So many people like this show, and is given hope. Dog and his family are real people with real life problems. They aren’t any better than anyone else, and they are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to those who need extra help. I love this show, and own alot of their dvds. I cannot understand why A&E would cancel a program that is so popular, and has help society so much. A&E have so many STUPID shows on their channel now, it will not be worth watching. I think they are making a BIG mistake. Hopefully another channel with common sense will bring back Dog and his family. So many shows on A&E are shallow, ridiculous, and senseless. A good example would be the duck caller show, and now that was a good decision on their part. What does this show do for the public but show how stupid people can be. I am so sorry for A&E cancelling the Dog, and his family. They will so regret it. Let’s take your head out of ” ” and think about what a stupid decision your truly made. Please reconsider your decision, and bring back the Dog. How much did the A&E executives get paid for this decision? Need to be fired. Thank you, Joyce

rosemary August 4, 2012 at 6:07 am

the real problem is he has lost his boys. Leland and Duane lee have cut off all ties with the family. Leland was the real hunter of the show duane lee was just part of the business for family reasons. Then Beth pushed them too far now he lost both his boys. Leland is still hunting with a new team I would love to see his own show

jada September 3, 2012 at 10:51 am

I agree. Leland did a lot of the wrk. Sad that the family is divided.I also think Duane Lee is the hottest Guy I’ve ever seen!! Good Luck to u all

Julie Marie Roth August 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Couldn’t of said it any better or clearer what STUPID MISTAKE A&E made cancelling Dog The Bounty Hunter!!! Come on TRU-TV grab this show fast!!

tin knapp June 17, 2012 at 1:28 pm

lov dog and his family i am so wanting them to get picked up by another station. they are possitive people and are out there doing good for this world. I wached the last show and cryed. It is sad to see them go. Now all we have is that dum kin k and here family what a shame

scott June 17, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Cancle dog no way boycott a and e dog is a great show