Dracula

dracula03Network: NBC
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 25, 2013 — January 24, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jessica De Gouw, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Katie McGrath, Nonso Anozie, Victoria Smurfit, Thomas Kretschmann, Matt Barber, and Michael Nardone.

TV show description:
This horror/thriller series is a reimagining of the classic Dracula novel by Bram Stoker. It takes place in the late 19th century.

The mysterious Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) has arrived in London and is posing as an American entrepreneur who wants to bring modern science to Victorian society.

He’s especially interested in the new technology of electricity, which promises to brighten the night — a useful concept for someone who must avoid sunlight. He is aided by his loyal confidant, R.M. Renfield (Nonso Anozie).

Dracula has another reason for his travels however. He hopes to take revenge on those who cursed him with immortality centuries earlier.

Everything seems to be going according to plan until he becomes infatuated with Mina Murray (Jessica De Gouw), a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

Series Finale:
Episode #10 — “Let There Be Light”
At long last, American entrepreneur Alexander Grayson executed a public demonstration of his miraculous electromagnetic resonator device, which promises to provide free, wireless electricity to all of London.

The demonstration was postponed after a previous attempt only a fortnight ago reportedly poisoned the surrounding neighborhood, causing children and elderly residents to become ill. Mr. Grayson insists that the poisoning was the result of sabotage, most likely by his rivals at the United Imperial Lubricant Company, although Scotland Yard has yet to find any evidence to support the claims.

This weekend’s demonstration, the second such attempt for Mr. Grayson, was to be his magnum opus, the result of years – possibly even decades – of research and construction that would revolutionize the world as we know it and put his oil industry rivals out of business entirely. What began as a day of triumph and victory ended as one of the most tragic and destructive days in London’s recent history.

At approximately 6:22 in the evening, moments after Grayson fired up his resonator to shed miraculous, wireless light on the entire district, the machine suffered a catastrophic malfunction. Grayson and his engineering team went to great lengths to evacuate the area as quickly as possible, and indeed the brave men spared many lives by doing so.

However, only five minutes after the machine was activated, a mechanical malfunction led to the largest manmade explosion in British history, centered directly in the heart of downtown London. The damage was catastrophic. At least a dozen people were killed in the explosion, and, while the numbers are still being tallied, estimates predict the number of injured persons to be in the hundreds, possibly even into the thousands.

Miraculously (and despite being in the belly of the beast itself during the explosion), Mr. Grayson managed to escape relatively unscathed, save for a few bumps and bruises. He is currently exiled in Carfax Manor and refusing to speak to the press, other than to briefly announce that he suspects foul play and sabotage to be the cause of the malfunction.

As London continues to recover from the horrific tragedy, hundreds remain missing. Most notably, Mr. Browning, a prominent member of British high society, has not been seen since the day of the explosion, despite the fact that Mr. Browning was not on site when the accident occurred. Miss Lady Jayne Wetherby is also unaccounted for, and she was last scene hailing a carriage toward the demonstration, only moments before the explosion. Also missing is Mr. Grayson’s right-hand man, Mr. Renfield, who was last seen returning to Carfax Manor on the day of the demonstration.
First aired: January 24, 2014. (Courtesy NBC)

What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,082 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

I really do not believe in a lot of the concepts of this show- and actually consider a lot of it to be completely silly- however, for some reason still cant stop watching it.

2. Dennis Lessick says

PLEASE DO NOT cancel DRACULA!!!! Growing up as a kid Dracula has and always will be my favorite “monster” although as far as I am concerned Dracula is not a “monster” rather an unfortunate individual dealing with a “curse”! The main thing I like about this TV show is that it is actually following the original book “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” and also the 1992 version of the movie “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” With all the “STUPID” TV shows they are putting on now PLEASE leave us horror followers our very fantastic TV show—-DRACULA!!!!!!!!!!

• Charlotte Loughner says

I agree Dracula is the best show going and I don’t want to see it canceled. When I was a kid I watched Chiller Theatre with Bella Legosi. Couldn’t wait for it now I have the same excitement with Dracula.

3. Brenda says

I love the Dracula series with Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I think he is fantastic in this
    series. He is so masterful in his portrayal of Dracula. Keep up the good work Mr. Meyers!!!!!!!

• Sue says

Why do you sending my the same info? My suggestions are golden isn’t there someone to read them and reply? You’re missing everything.

Sue

• Sue says

WHAT’S THE POINT I AM GIVING YOU GREAT ADVICE ARE YOU SHOWING
      ANY ONE WHO MAKES DECISIONS? I CAN SAVE YOUR SHOW IT JUST NEEDS A LOT OF CHANGES,

VERY FRUSTRATED SUE

4. Mary says

I love this series and was so happy when they announced at the end of Grim last night that Dracula would return next Friday following Grim.

5. Sue says

Where’s the eye candy to draw the men into the series? And of course sex was not so proper back when You really missing a wild twist plus sexual diseases were spreading all over Europe and their was no cure just a long painful death. Rich men would use young girls thinking they were safe.

Come on wake up and smell the blood!

6. Susan says

I love it & adore Meyers. I feel the time slot is the reason for low ratings. I hope they give a fair chance before canceling it, maybe tying an encore first.

7. Sue says

I never show such a busy vampire boy scout. He want to destroy an ancient society, create wireless electricity, be chairman of his company, give opulent parties and even drinks all day long and not blood. He treats Harper like crap and is constantly yelling all Van Hesling. And why is he the only vampire? Not a goddess niece or sister always very hungry that he constantly has to cover up her frantic feedings. However I love his black assistant. Lady Jane ( I think ) kills vampires in the subway they must be morons. Where’s the BLOOD? You are on the wrong channel. You guys REALLY need me to make it work.

8. Deborah Amos says

I love this series. The actors are excellent and the script is well written. Not since the Tudors has there been anything on television of this caliber.

9. Niki Taittinger says

Love this, so well written and really good acting it was time someone did a program with a great story with a bit of a different twist , can’t wait for season 2