FOX 2013-14 Season Ratings

fox-tv-show-ratingsMany of FOX‘s series have already been renewed for another season. What does the future hold for the rest of their TV shows? Cancelled or renewed for 2014-15? We’ll have to wait and see.

FOX shows this season (so far): 24: Live Another Day, Almost Human, American Dad!, American Idol, Bob’s Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Dads, Enlisted, Family Guy, The Following, Gang Related, Glee, Hell’s Kitchen, Hotel Hell, I Wanna Marry “Harry”, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Rake, Raising Hope, Riot, The Simpsons, Sleepy Hollow, So You Think You Can Dance, Surviving Jack, and The X Factor.

Note: You can find the 2014-15 rankings here.

How does FOX decide what to cancel or renew? They look at a lot of different factors but the ratings play a very large role. The higher the ratings, the better chances a show has of surviving.

Check the other networks’ season rankings: ABC | CBS | The CW | NBC

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are therefore supposedly harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays and Saturdays, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Which shows are you rooting for? Which one isn’t as big a hit as you thought? Are you hoping any series will get cancelled to make room for something else?

mike July 14, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Jack bauer is awesome nonstop action. Keep the show going.

mike July 14, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Renew 24 great show keep it going.

Leanear Randall July 10, 2014 at 8:08 am

24 must return. This is a thriller from beginning to end. It should not have been cancelled in the first place. Get rid of those idiotic reality shows. We need more of 24 with a full season of shows.

Tim July 15, 2014 at 12:03 am

Well said! I couldn’t agree more!!!

Frances July 8, 2014 at 11:48 am

My husband & I really miss ‘Almost Human’-I hope there is enough interest to bring it back. I am also a huge fan of the new ‘Gang Related’, I hope it remains.

darylwhitlock July 8, 2014 at 1:27 am

FOX HAS to renew 24. Despite the requisite excitement factors that may seemingly defy credibility, Hollywood is providing a first-hand look at the potentials in light of current geopolitics. Drones – a reality and endorsed by Obama for use on our own soil, despite collateral damage, govts failing daily, global destruction of unfathomable proportions – daily, with anything providing the excuse for same. Perhaps, the mindset of one viewer “watching it laughing while eating popcorn” is why this country has been trashed and is increasingly at risk. Viewers from even season 1 should think back and realize, Hollywood’s efforts provided the glimpse into what has now been shown to be a daily reality.
But then, the politics of TV commercials or watching “pretty people” apparently carries greater priority.

Tim July 15, 2014 at 12:09 am

The “laughing while eating popcorn” was a comment about Surviving Jack, not about 24…

Daryl Whitlock July 17, 2014 at 12:49 am

Thanks for making the distinction for me; was unfamiliar with the show “Surviving Jack”. Best of all, “24” viewers don’t watch and laugh. Now let’s hope it’s renewed and garners the reality esteem it deserves per my post.

Thanks, again.

Jessica June 30, 2014 at 4:16 am

I loves I wanna marry harry and riot, me and my family miss them. They was only on for a few episodes wish I could know who won harry and how everyone acted when they found out he wasn’t the real Prince Harry :( . But we also love masterchief, masterchief junior, hells kitchen and bones so happy to see them still going good. Sad to hear that chief Ramsey is cancelling kitchen nightmares though :(

catherine June 29, 2014 at 11:17 pm

dads is laugh out loud funny hope somebody at cbs thinks to pick this show up then they will a great comedy line up once again. fox never was very wise at making smart choices. I have seen them kill more then one excellent program.not going to even bother watching them anymore

Anonymous June 30, 2014 at 7:36 pm

i just watched the last episode of “Dads” and it saddens me that it was cancelled. BRING IT BACK!!! IT WAS HILARIOUS!!!

LR June 24, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I need MORE 24. Come on… best show on TV!

Merrie Janois June 24, 2014 at 12:05 pm

24: Live Another Day is absolutely riveting. Jack Bauer is authentically awesome. This is one show FOX can take to the bank.

Angelia Jackson June 20, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Very unhappy that Fox would cancel Almost Human, will stick to watching CBS

rommel June 14, 2014 at 1:40 am

I WANT JACK BACK!!! SURVIVING JACK

Nikki Van Huff June 3, 2014 at 5:31 am

I TRULY ENJOYED “ALMOST HUMAN” AND FAIL TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS CANCELLED.

darlene May 30, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I LOVE SURVIVING JACK!! One of the Best!! There so much trash on TV today, it’s refreshing to sit with my teenage kids and laugh together. We make popcorn and spend an hour cracking up! Bones, The Following, Sleepy Hollow are other favorites. Please reconsider BRINGING BACK JACK!! I hope other fans note their disappointment on losing this great program.

darylwhitlock July 8, 2014 at 1:14 am

Foolish interpretation of the show as “funny”. Perhaps following geopolitics more closely would serve as a wake-up call to potential realities. Yes, really funny, drone-ridden world capable of enormous destruction and collateral damage, an American president willing to use them even on our own soil, governments collapsing daily… Are you so naive as to believe Hollywood’s demonstration of the magnitude of possibilities. Put aside the small parts of the show that make it more “exciting” and absorb the realities.

daryl whitlock July 25, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Darlene, my apologies for my original reply on two counts: 1) I was unaware of the show “Surviving Jack”, and I thought the entire comment string pertained to “24”. I’ll also admit, when I hear the name “Jack” I immediately think as in “24”!
Again, didn’t mean to be rude.

Bunai May 21, 2014 at 10:29 pm

If anyone is read, please help fans get this show back on the air.

Sign the “Save Almost Human” petition to let WB know that people are still interested in seeing this show grow.

Pat McCaffrey June 9, 2014 at 5:30 pm

There must be another reason to cancel a show (
Almost Human) that is in the top ten ratings wise.

Elise Dyono June 10, 2014 at 7:42 am

Yeah, because FOX are morons! No matter what we do, it wont come back. The actors have already committed to other projects and Karl Urban does not want to do another TV series. Yes, I loved the show, but have given up all hope. All I do now is boycott all things FOX and their sponsors and encourage others to do the same. Their careless disregard of what the tv audience wants has lead me to this decision as a response.

Chuck July 13, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Elise I agree totally and have not watched a season of anything on FOX in years. IF they have a show I am interested in I’ll just pirate it so they get ZERO dollars from advertisers on my behalf.

Amy May 19, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Dads may have been looked upon as politically incorrect in its humor, but for crying out loud IT WAS HYSTERICALLY FUNNY BECAUSE OF THAT SPECIFIC HUMOR! The writers knew it, loyal viewers knew it which is why it worked! I liked what someone else said about keeping The Simpsons another 20 years because God knows they’ve never been politically correct! Come on Fox, let’s grow up !