Franklin & Bash: Cancel or Renew for Season Four?

Franklin and Bash: cancel or season fourTonight marks the end of the road for Franklin & Bash on TNT — at least for the moment. The legal dramedy hasn’t been renewed for a fourth season yet. Should it be brought back or, should the cable channel cancel it instead?

Franklin & Bash follows two streetwise attorneys (Breckin Meyer and Mark-Paul Gosselaar) who’ve been hired by the eccentric managing partner (Malcolm McDowell) of a prestigious law firm to help breathe new life into the struggling company. Others in the cast include Dana Davis, Kumail Nanjiani, Reed Diamond, and Heather Locklear.

Season three of the show kicked off in June and the two-hour episode drew just 1.97 million viewers — a series low. Viewership improved as the weeks wore on but Franklin & Bash is still down significantly year-to-year.

It’s currently averaging 2.11 million viewers, a decline of 27% when compared to last year (2.88 million). What’s more, of the cable channel’s summer dramas, Franklin & Bash is easily the lowest-rated. Rizzoli & Isles (5.66 million), Major Crimes (4.87), Falling Skies (3.53) Perception (3.49), and King & Maxwell (3.11) all pull in much better numbers.

Based on the ratings, it seems very likely that TNT will cancel Franklin & Bash after tonight’s installment.

If the ratings are any indication, perhaps many viewers have lost interest? Clearly the addition of Heather Locklear to the cast didn’t draw many (or any) new viewers to the show.

But, what do you think? Is it time for Franklin & Bash to go? Is the show still worth watching? Should TNT cancel or renew the series for a fourth season?

92 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Georgia says

I am not giving up hope that King & maxwell and Franklish & Bash won’t be renewed. They are terrirfic shows! Never miss an episode! Fingers crossed!

2. callie says

Our family enjoys this show. Do not cancel, it seems that there are many shows that are not entertaining. Franklin and Bash is very entertaining.

3. Cathy Woolbright says

Franklin & Bash is a witty legal(?) comedy that is more about the bonds of friendship and the gallantry of loyalty. Personally, if Heather Locklear was supposed to have “saved” the show, you drove the 1st coffin nail in. I just never saw where she fit with the rest of the ensemble. Nothing about her personality or her on screen “aura” says F&B.
    That said, F & B has too much going for it to cancel. Please? I really don’t recall any promos for the show – maybe well-placed ads on Facebook & the Internet as a start.

4. Deb says

I hope they renew!
    I don’t understand the ratings for Rizzoli & Isles- it’s awful! I didn’t even realize that King & Maxwell was even on.

5. staceyb says

I love this show! I really hope that this is not the end for Franklin & Bash. I hope TNT reconsiders cancelling it!

6. says

Bring it back, Heather Locklear is probably the reason the shows ratings are down.
    I was shocked when I saw her at the start of season 3. Ditch Heather and watch the rating fly. Its a great show that never needed Heather Locklear.

7. Tom says

I really hope they renew this show! While I did think the CBS show The Defenders was a little better, I really enjoy this show.