Golden Boy: Season One Ratings

golden boy cbs tv show ratingsVegas hasn’t been a ratings hit for CBS. Will Golden Boy preform better or will it be cancelled after one season, like so many others TV shows? We’ll have to wait and see.

Golden Boy revolves around an ambitious young cop who goes on to become New York’s youngest police commissioner. The show typically airs on Tuesday or Friday nights on CBS. The cast includes Theo James, Chi McBride, Kevin Alejandro, Bonnie Somerville, Holt McCallany, and Stella Maeve.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Golden Boy will be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.19 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 05/14/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 6.91 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.42 in the demo with 8.19 million.

UPDATE: CBS has cancelled Golden Boy after one season of 13 episodes.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 05/07/13
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 6.99 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 8.30 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 04/30/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.64 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 8.42 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 04/23/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.94 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 8.50 million.

Episode 01-09: Tuesday, 04/16/13
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 8.07 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.56 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 04/09/13
1.5 in the demo (+15% change) with 7.89 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.62 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 04/02/13
1.3 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.83 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 8.72 million.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 03/26/13
1.4 in the demo (-18% change) with 8.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 8.87 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 03/19/13
1.7 in the demo (+13% change) with 9.26 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 9.03 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 03/12/13
1.5 in the demo (+50% change) with 8.53 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 8.97 million.

Episode 01-03: Friday, 03/08/13
1.0 in the demo (-38% change) with 7.41 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 1.47 in the demo with 9.12 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 03/05/13
1.6 in the demo (-11% change) with 9.40 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.70 in the demo with 9.98 million.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 02/26/13
1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.46 million total viewers. (These are fast affiliate numbers and will be updated to reflect the national ratings when they are available.)

Compared to the series premiere of Vegas, CBS was down by 25% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 30% in viewers (vs 14.85 million). Not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Golden Boy TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Dick Herbert April 1, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Good writing good show…not a great sign.

Burl Turman March 31, 2013 at 7:54 am

I love Golden Boy,and Vegas,please. please renew both shows, They are really great shows. I am sick of the reality shows,and all those stupid sitcoms.

Terri Hall March 28, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I absolutely love Golden Boy!!!

ephram March 28, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I love Golden Boy. It’s one of my must see shows of the week. Love Theo James and have liked Chi McBride since Boston Public. Interesting future/present day format. Hope it stays.

Jane March 28, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I love golden boy..

Dre March 28, 2013 at 12:12 am

This show is great!!!! Well written and the story lines are great! One of the best shows on TV. I hope they keep this one on.

patti R March 27, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Love this show. Keep it on the air!

Rod March 27, 2013 at 7:56 am

Love it…really hope it makes!

Jean March 21, 2013 at 1:31 pm

My husband and I love GoldenBoy. We started watching after all the advertising for it and can’t wait each week for the next episode. Love all the characters and hope it will find a permanent place once Vegas returns. Love that show too. The whole venue with now and future takes is great. Please keep it on. Let’s give it a chance. If Law and Order and other shows can be on forever we should give this one a chance. Sick of reality tv so this is my choice. Thank you.

Angie March 20, 2013 at 12:17 am

I am not usually a fan of crime drama shows, but I am already hooked on this one. From the flash back in the beginning to the flash forward ending where a comment is always made in reference to the past that leaves me going, “What?!”. Can’t wait for the next episode. Love it!

Angela March 19, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Love this show. Keep it around. I hate to start watching new shows, because everytime I do they get cancelled.

Jennifer March 19, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Golden Boy! I’m just sorry I can’t watch it on demand if I miss it. It’s got great writing and presents the story from an interesting perspective. Besides, it’s still beating the competition! Don’t give up on it- PLEASE!

lisa Porter March 18, 2013 at 9:16 pm

My husband and I really enjoy the new show Golden Boy. I think it is well written and just needs a little time to catch on. I hope you will give it a chance, so many good shows have been cancelled before they had a real chance to find an audience.

lisa Porter March 18, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Peggy March 18, 2013 at 11:06 am

I am a fan of Golden Boy. LOVE IT! Admittedly, I lean towards crime and detective shows, but I think it is inventive and good drama. Unfortunately I am outside the demographic TV execs think is important. No, it is not Bluebloods (which I also love), but we already have one of those. I am rooting for Golden Boy. Great ensemble cast and hope it is renewed. Besides, I shudder to think about what its replacement will be. Another lame, low budget reality series?

Anonymous March 28, 2013 at 5:24 pm

My husband and I love Golden Boy…hoping this one stays on a long time!