Grimm: Season Two Ratings

NBC Grimm ratings The Grimm TV series was a surprise hit for NBC on Friday nights last season. Will the TV show’s ratings hold up in season two?

Below are the TV series’ ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Grimm is going to be cancelled or renewed for season two. The show typically airs on Monday or Friday nights.

Final season averages: 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.18 million total viewers.

Episode 02-22: Tuesday, 05/21/13
1.7 in the demo (0% change) with 4.99 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 5.18 million.

Episode 02-21: Tuesday, 05/14/13
1.7 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.36 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.62 in the demo with 5.19 million.

Episode 02-20: Tuesday, 05/07/13
1.8 in the demo (-5% change) with 5.67 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.62 in the demo with 5.18 million.

Episode 02-19: Tuesday, 04/30/13
1.9 in the demo (+46% change) with 5.77 million (+19% change).
Season averages: 1.61 in the demo with 5.15 million.

Episode 02-18: Friday, 04/26/13
1.3 in the demo (-13% change) with 4.85 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.59 in the demo with 5.12 million.

UPDATE: NBC has renewed this show for 2013-14 and has ordered 22 episodes.

Note: NBC supposedly played an original episode on April 19th but it was either interrupted or not shown in most markets due to breaking news coverage. As a result, final ratings were not issued for the program.

Episode 02-17: Friday, 04/05/13
1.5 in the demo (+7% change) with 5.13 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 1.61 in the demo with 5.13 million.

Episode 02-16: Friday, 03/29/13
1.4 in the demo (0% change) with 4.86 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.62 in the demo with 5.13 million.

Episode 02-15: Friday, 03/22/13
1.4 in the demo (0% change) with 5.00 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 5.15 million.

Episode 02-14: Friday, 03/15/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 4.91 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.65 in the demo with 5.16 million.

Episode 02-13: Friday, 03/08/13
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 4.90 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.67 in the demo with 5.18 million.

Episode 02-12: Friday, 11/16/12
1.6 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.03 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 5.21 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 02-11: Friday, 11/09/12
1.7 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.21 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.69 in the demo with 5.22 million.

Episode 02-10: Friday, 11/02/12
1.8 in the demo (-10% change) with 5.64 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.69 in the demo with 5.22 million.

Episode 02-09: Friday, 10/26/12
2.0 in the demo (+33% change) with 6.11 million (+22% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 5.18 million.

Episode 02-08: Friday, 10/19/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.03 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.64 in the demo with 5.06 million.

Episode 02-07: Friday, 10/12/12
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 5.01 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.66 in the demo with 5.06 million.

Episode 02-06: Friday, 10/05/12
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 5.29 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.67 in the demo with 5.07 million.

Episode 02-05: Friday, 09/28/12
1.6 in the demo (+7% change) with 5.32 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 5.03 million.

Episode 02-04: Monday, 09/03/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% episode-to-episode change) with 4.62 million.
Season averages: 1.70 in the demo with 4.96 million.

Episode 02-03: Monday, 08/27/12
1.6 in the demo (-6% episode-to-episode change) with 4.67 million (-5% change)
Season averages: 1.77 in the demo with 5.07 million.

Episode 02-02: Monday, 08/20/12
1.7 in the demo (-15% episode-to-episode change) with 4.9 million (-13% change)
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 5.27 million.

Episode 02-01: Monday, 08/13/12
2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.64 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.64 million.

Reference point: The first season of Grimm averaged a 1.5 rating in the demographic with 5.02 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Grimm TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

patty April 6, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Keep Grimm on tv! We look forward to watching it each week. We can’t say this for any other show on tv right now.

Ellen April 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm

This show is really maturing. Please keep watching and get others to watch – otherwise it’s not going to get renewed.

lilgirl April 1, 2013 at 12:15 pm

We love grimm,so PLEASE don’t cancel it.There are so many CSI and realiyt shows that I can hardly stand TV anymore.Just rap the present story on Juliet and get on with Monroe and Rosalee.Let Nick keep his reptile hearing from episode before last when he was blinded.

Anonymous March 29, 2013 at 11:29 pm

we love the show!!!!

Blue Valentine March 25, 2013 at 10:55 pm

This show should be canceled, it is ugly and stupid, and there is no good acting.

Libby Marquardt March 24, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I personally like this show and again, it’s different… not the same old same old and SOOO glad it’s not reality junk.. I so hate that. Being of the “retired, baby boomers”, there is not a lot to really enjoy on TV any longer with those really stupid reality shows. I love some of the new things being produced on A&E, TNT, and other cable shows which are far more entertaining that most of what’s on the major channels.. so Grimm is a refreshing change. Keep it!

Victoria March 18, 2013 at 6:18 am

My husband and I both LOVE GRIMM!!!! WE SET IT UP SO THAT WE GET TO WATCH IT AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE SHOW EVERY WEEK!!! IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!! You should really pay attention to your true and LOYAL viewers instead of having a smattering of households that choose the shows that we HAVE to watch instead of WHAT WE LOVE TO WATCH!!!!! GRIMM IS FANTASTIC!!!! INSTEAD OF BOMBARDING US WITH MORE REALITY SHOWS AND NEWS SHOWS WHICH TAKE UP SO MUCH OF YOUR TIME SLOTS THAT IT TURNS VIEWERS AWAY!!! SO IF YOU TURN US OFF WITH THESE SHOWS, IT MAKES IT HARD FOR US TO KNOW WHEN OUR FAVORITE SHOWS COME BACK ON!!!!!! GET A GRIP ON YOUR PEOPLE WHO DON’T KNOW WHAT ENTERTAINMENT IS FOR MOST OF US!!!! WE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW AND MAKE IT A FAMILY VIEWING!!!! THIS SHOW, SMASH, AND THE VOICE ALL GET OUR FAMILY NIGHT VIEWING!!!!! PLEASE DON’T TAKE OUR FAVORITES AWAY????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria March 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Love Grimm!!! I hope it gets picked up for a third season. I will be so upset if it gets canceled. I seems like the rating are about the same as the first season so I don’t know why it wouldn’t get picked up for a third season.

janna rhodes March 10, 2013 at 11:42 am

This show is terrible… and the acting, what acting? Can’t believe that this show made it.

Nelida March 9, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I love this show. I hate it when it goes out of season. In the “olden days” the seasons would go on one after the other. I think that is why people loose interest in the shows when they have to wait weeks or months for their shows to return. I hope they continue with the show.

jigger March 17, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I agree. This show needs to “keep on keepin on.” As we said in my youth.
I love this show.
However, the new season “format?” is completely insane. Who thought this garbage system up? Fire the idiot whos idea this system, was.

gwei March 9, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I really have been looking forward to Grimm’s return. I’ts almost like a season premier it’s been gone so long. I thought this was a very good episode. Well worth waiting for. I am glad Rosalee is back.

geri March 9, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I am really glad that Gromm is back. It’s been gone so long it’s almost like a season premier. This was a really good episode and I am glad Rosalee is back.

Anonymous March 9, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Madonna Buiter February 25, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I love this show, took me a little while to warm up to it but Season 2 is Fantastic!!!! I love it!!! Can’t wait for Season 2 to start up again……

Carol February 13, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Please renew – it is a lot of fun to watch how the characters develop.