Last Man Standing: Tim Allen Sitcom Gets Fourth Season

last man standing tv showABC cancelled The Neighbors but the network has renewed their other Friday night sitcom, Last Man Standing. Tim Allen and company will return for a fourth season.

The Last Man Standing sitcom stars Allen as Mike Baxter, a manly man who’s surrounded by family and friends who challenge his conservative ideas. He’s joined in the cast by Amanda Fuller, Christoph Sanders, Flynn Morrison, Hector Elizondo, Kaitlyn Dever, Molly Ephraim, and Nancy Travis.

The series is down about 10% in the ratings year-to-year but has performed pretty consistently for the network. The 22 episodes averaged a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.11 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you enjoy this sitcom? Are you glad that it’s been renewed or do you think it should have been cancelled instead?

Carrie Mayfield November 15, 2014 at 5:20 pm

LOVE this show! I’m with the comment that Boyd’s dad is a wimp. Can’t stand his liberal whining. “Man up, dude!”

I love how Tim Allen has really settled into acting. I always felt like he was performing his stand up when he was doing Tool Time on Home Improvement, but his vlog is natural, and his work with the other actors is a pleasure. It doesn’t hurt that the show has a consertave voice either. I feel like I’m in the minority sometimes and really like a partner with a less marshmallow-y vibe.

Just don’t change any more of the actors on me, please.

KEEP IT ON.

Jo Brancato September 20, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Any show that quotes Goldwater.. I’m in!… Seriously, There is a lot of ‘back and forth’ on this show. I never liked Tim Allen’s other show, but he’s actually a funny guy. His VLOGs he does for his fictional store are spot-on. There’s a few things I could do without. The son-in-law Ryan for one. I’ve been watching the last couple of seasons on Netflix. The direction the 3rd season took.. much improved. Hopefully the forth will be even better.

Dene Ann Barthels September 18, 2014 at 8:29 pm

I totally enjoy Last Man Standing….just wish they would put the man that used to be one of the sons on his prev. show who now owns the restaurant, with the eldest daughter….her current “love” is a wimp. Please KEEP IT ON THE AIR!!! I also love the boss at the Outdoor Store. Hector is GREAT!

pamelad September 1, 2014 at 10:38 am

My husband and I look forward to watching last man standing and were happy to hear it will be back for another season! The Friday night slot probably hurts their ratings because we end up watching it on demand most of the time. If you have teenage daughters and haven’t watched it yet give it a try you won’t be disappointed. The actors and writers make this show hilarious!

unknown August 24, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Only show on regular tv that we watch – love it!

DAVIDHP August 23, 2014 at 1:29 pm

My entire family love this show. We look forward to watching it every week and sad when the new season is over. DON’T CANCEL !!

Anonymous August 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm

This show is great. My husband and I look forward to it each week. Glad it wasn’t cancelled.

gerry August 3, 2014 at 9:18 pm

All the guys at the coffee shop talk about this show on saturday mornings.The wife and I love it! We all love it! Leave it alone..There are so few shows anymore worth watching.

Conservative July 17, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Best show on the networks. It will never win big because of liberal Hollywood. If you don’t like Obama they will try to silence you.
Don’t Tread on Me!

Anonymous August 2, 2014 at 4:51 pm

My Husband and I looked forward to this show every week, and were so impressed that the Network would let honest comedy and real life situations and also be allowed to voice opinions that might not go with the grain of the Secular group. As a parent of five, grandparent of 14, six Great’s, I have seen and heard it all.
I was a daycare provider for over 40 years, and I can tell you first hand, since we took prayer out of schools, using all the new parenting books, instead of the Book of Proverbs found in the only real truthful Parenting manual called The Bible, Parent’s have lost control of their homes. Children pretty much run the show. Parent’s take back your homes.
And that’s how I saw this program helping our families see how it can be done.
Please keep it on and help build a new Country we can raise our family to be strong and Love God and Love our Country.

Alice Smith June 15, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Last man standing is my FAVORITE show on television!!!!!! Please don’t cancel it.