Last Resort: TV Show Cancelled by ABC

Last Resort canceled by ABCLast Resort has been sunk. ABC has cancelled the newbie drama. The network plans to air all 13 episodes but won’t order a back nine or a second season. ABC also cancelled 666 Park Avenue today and CBS dropped Partners as well.

The TV series takes place in the submarine Colorado when its officers are mysteriously ordered to destroy Pakistan. Sensing that something isn’t right, they require confirmation and are subsequently fired upon and hunted.

The cast of Last Resort includes Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Robert Patrick, Daniel Lissing, Dichen Lachman, Camille de Pazzis, Sahr Ngaujah, Jessy Schrams, and Autumn Reeser.

Last Resort TV show supportThough it received a lot of promotion, Last Resort debuted to mediocre ratings; a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.31 million viewers.

The numbers declined over the course of the season and last night hit a new low with a 1.2 rating and 5.68 million viewers.

What do you think? Will you miss Last Resort? Given the ratings, should ABC have cancelled it?

Katie Otto November 25, 2012 at 9:42 am

My husband and I DVR’d this series and have watched every episode twice. It is riveting, fabulous, intriguing. So many story lines all intertwined and all fascinating. Each show moves so fast you can’t believe that it’s been a whole hour!! Reminiscent of the thrill of 24, it is our favorite show and we look forward to watching it every week.

It is so frustrating to devote yourself to a series and then it’s yanked out in an untimely manner. And we have no say. What can we do about this?

terence steele November 22, 2012 at 5:27 pm

amazing how the gripping shows are cancelled whilst the goo goo sit coms are here to be endured endlessly,maybe its too close to the truth!

A Taylor November 21, 2012 at 6:27 am

Really sad. Such a great show and the only one I make sure I’m home on time to watch. So much crap on tv and they cancel this.

Jared November 20, 2012 at 9:08 pm

The same story of all time. People loves trash like “Sex and the City”, but dislike the best TV show. This is the world.

Don Bestor November 19, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Again, a show that I love is cancelled. Amazing to me! Maybe you’re polling the wrong age group? What a shame cause I looked forward to this weekly show.

Scooter November 19, 2012 at 5:08 pm

The only show that ABC worth a damn in years and they go and cancel it.They
have exactly one other show that I watch Last Man Standing.

Sandra November 19, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Series like Glee continue for several seasons without a story and Last Resort is canceled? I have no words!

meryle carr November 19, 2012 at 2:58 pm

“Last Resort” was the best new drama this season and one of the best ever. I wish ABC and Sony would reconsider or sell it to another network who would appreciate having such a gem of a show in their lineup. Please reconsider and give “Last Resort” another chance or sell it to a network that will take a chance. “Last Resort” will not dissappoint. Solid storyline and excellent cast and crew! Please appreciate this wonderful series.

Greg November 19, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Another show dead due to a bad title. They should have named it “Against America” or something else that grabs your attention. The show was great though and should have been saved.

Why Watch November 19, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Probably the best new show released this Fall. And the only show, old or new, I watched consistently on ABC when it aired. There’s not much to watch anymore.

ND Mitchell November 19, 2012 at 9:22 am

I am getting really pissed…first MADE IN JERSEY, then PARTNERS, then 666 PARK AVENUE and now THE LAST RESORT….what the hell? Maybe I should just stick with soap operas, game shows, talk shows and reality shows and do a lot of renting from Blockbuster, Netflix and Redbox? I’m LIVID! This former Navy Sailor is not happy with the sinking of THE LAST RESORT nor PARTNERS & 666 PARK AVENUE. I think the head honchos of ABC, CBS, NBC and CW networks need to retire and hire some new blood & fresh faces….like me!

Foo_lobsta November 19, 2012 at 8:58 am

My wife and I thoroughly enjoy this show and we are very disappointed that more people didn’t. I think it was overshadowed by other shows like Revolution (also a great show) and given a horrible time slot. A later slot on a different night would have probably saved it. I thought the entire show was worth just seeing Andre Braugher in action on network tv again! I think the plot could have developed a little quicker, but I understand that they were trying to develop the characters at the same time. I’m glad they are airing all 13 episodes and I hope it answers some questions before it tanks.

T. McLean November 19, 2012 at 12:51 am

I am very sad to hear that it has been cancelled. I would love if they changed their minds!!!

Brittany M November 18, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I am furious that ABC is cancelling last resort! My boyfriend and I, absolutely love this series! Its thrilling, and unpredictable, each episode leaves your craving for the next weeks show! I hate that every time I start watching an episode that I love and cant get enough of, it gets cancelled!! For example, The Firm was cancelled, and i was extremely disappointed, because that series was also a great show!

JJ Goode November 18, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I was hopeful about Last Resort, but the show had no solid acting outside of Braugher and Speedman. Most of my friends that work with me all liked the concept of the show, though. Here’s hoping that the veteran actors land solid roles soon, and the supporting actors gain the needed experience, too.