Longmire: Season Three Renewal for A&E Series?

Longmire season threeIt looks like Longmire will be renewed for a third season. Executive producer John Coveny broke the news on Twitter today, writing, “Thanks to the 5 million plus weekly fans (live+7). Young and older skewing alike! The call just came: SEASON 3 for #Longmire is a GO!”

According to Deadline, A&E and Warner Bros. have no comment and insiders cautioned that the two sides have yet to finalize a deal. There has been some speculation that a deal could include A&E taking some ownership in the show.

Starring Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips, Longmire is the cable channel’s highest-rated scripted series by far.

Season two averaged 3.7 million viewers, nearly a million more than Bates Motel’s audience. The Longmire finale drew 4.42 million, nearly a series high.

Unfortunately, things don’t look as good for The Glades.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Longmire? Will you be watching season three?

Jim October 9, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Watch this on Gem in Australia. Great show with a good twist. Robert Taylor is a great aussie actor too.

David Shupe October 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Season 3 is a must for A&E and as long as their proposed partial ownership doesnt affect the filming, writing, cast, quality, music, etc then go for it! It is hands down the best show on television Today…………. I am ready for the Season 2 DVD NOW!!!!

Debbie October 7, 2013 at 12:25 am

Longmire is the Best show on tv in many years! I love everything about this show, the scenery is beautiful, the cast is excellent, the Native American culture and the interrelationships between reservation culture, and laws vs the rural western community and laws is always interesting. Then there is the excellent writing which always has me spellbound trying to figure out the mysteries and I am always surprised that I can’t figure out the endings. This is exciting , interesting and wholesome, it proves that quality shows can still be produced and the fans prove we still want quality entertainment. My favorite night of the week was Monday I so looked foreword to every episode! I miss it very much and pray season 3 will come back soon!,

Sherri October 6, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Finally!! We have a show that is interested and mysterious and we love to watch Longmire. All the reality shows is getting out of hand…way too many but Longmire is very interesting and I hope it continues to stay on the air. It didn’t seem like we had as many episodes this season as last season. what’s up with that?
LONGMIRE WE LOVE YOUR SHOW!!

brenda October 4, 2013 at 8:54 pm

i am so happy they are renewing longmire.it,s a great show.Robert Taylor,Lou Diamond Phillips and the rest of the crew are doing a fantastic job.Robert Taylor is one handsome man.he plays a good part as Walt.

R Shortley October 3, 2013 at 5:59 am

I really look forward to the next season This is one of the best TV dramas I’ve seen. Gritty and honest with excellent actors and directing.

Ed Davidson September 29, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Glad to see Longmire coming back for a third season My daughter & I love the show. We are looking forward to watching the series. God call!!!.

LJ Decker September 29, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Wife and I love the series and are reading all of the books now. Will be watching the 3rd season, if it happens. Far to many really good shows get the axe before they should!!!

G Wilkie September 28, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Can hardly wait for the next episode. Hoping for at least 7 seasons.

Greta Essner September 26, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I have really enjoyed the Longmire Series since I have read all of Craig Johnson’s books.
I am from Montana and really love the West. Please bring back the Series.

Carol September 23, 2013 at 10:31 am

Hooray that Longmire is renewed. I am sad that Glades has been cancelled–want to know the future of Jim and Callie–BOOOOOOO!!!!

Ann Acker September 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Thank you for renewing clean, well written entertainment with awesome acting and drama that has me looking forward to the next episode. Sounds to me that is the recipe for success.

Regina Power September 22, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I am so delighted that Longmire is renewed for season 3. I immensely enjoy the stories and all of the characters, especially Longmire :). Does anyone know when season 3 will start?

Mathew Tatro September 20, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING LONGMIRE SEASON 3

Richard Chamberlin September 17, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Glad to see a network that realizes some viewers can think. Still mad over Golden Boy and can’t wait for more well written shows.