MasterChef: FOX Renews Reality Series for Season Two

MasterChefTo no surprise, FOX has renewed their latest Gordon Ramsay TV show for a second series. MasterChef has been a big success for the network this summer so the network’s decided to bring it back for season two.

The season one finale airs next Wednesday and here’s the official press release about season two…

FOX GOES BACK FOR SECONDS WITH SEASON TWO OF GORDON RAMSAY’S “MASTERCHEF”

Next All-New Episode of Summer’s No. 1 New Series Airs Tomorrow; Thrilling First Season Finale Airs Wednesday, September 15

FOX has ordered a second season of Gordon Ramsay’s newest culinary competition series, MASTERCHEF, it was announced today by Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

“Gordon Ramsay is an incredible talent and the biggest culinary star on television today, so we’re very happy to have Gordon and MASTERCHEF back for another season on FOX,” said Darnell. “MASTERCHEF has resonated with viewers this summer, and we look forward to seeing where Gordon takes the show in Season Two.”

“It’s amazing and refreshing to see how much passion and raw talent there is from amateur home cooks across America,” said Ramsay. “It’s extraordinary the amount of energy and excitement the show brought in Season One, and I’m thrilled to be back at FOX for a second season.”

“The amazing reception for MASTERCHEF on FOX has been hugely rewarding for all of us at Shine Group,” said MASTERCHEF executive producer and Shine Group Chairman and CEO, Elisabeth Murdoch. “As the creators of this unique global franchise, we’re thrilled to see the U.S. audience love this show as much as we do. We are looking forward to building on this early success with an even broader, bigger search in Season Two, and to seeing the brand grow as it continues to do so in Australia, the U.K., France and around the world, breaking viewing and ancillary records as it goes.”

MASTERCHEF is the No. 1 new program of the summer among Adults 18-49, outperforming the next highest-rated show by +14%.

In the next all-new episode, airing tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 8 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, the MASTERCHEF judges – Gordon Ramsay, Joe Bastianich and Graham Elliot – force the home cooks to work for their food as they all go fishing and are allowed to use only what they caught to make a delicious meal. At the end of the episode, one more contestant will be sent home.

The following week on the season finale, airing Wednesday, Sept. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the remaining four home cooks go head-to-head and battle it out to become America’s first-ever MASTERCHEF. The winner will earn the title of America’s Best Home Cook, walk away with $250,000 and a cookbook-publishing deal and embark on a life-changing journey.

For those that believe they are the next MASTERCHEF please visit fox.com/masterchef.

MASTERCHEF is produced by Reveille, Shine TV and One Potato Two Potato and is based on a format created by Franc Roddam and Shine TV. Shine International handles distribution for the MASTERCHEF format.

What do you think? Is MasterChef worth watching? Are you glad it’s been renewed for season two?

Sue April 4, 2013 at 11:41 am

I love this show. When does the new one start

kathyb December 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

I love this show. I love the judges and they keep the show so fresh and honest and interesting. Gordon is my favorite, but without the other 2 judges, it would not be the same. I love the food channel.

syed mohi uddin January 29, 2012 at 1:07 am

I love to watch ransey

Ellen Knight February 15, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I love to watch Ransey I could watch him all day PLEASE keep all his shows.

SANDY February 4, 2011 at 12:40 pm

WELL….I THINK IT’S GREAT! I LOVED THE FIRST SEASON, ESPECIALLY THE “3″ CHEFS AS SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM GORDON’S USUAL FORMAT. I THOUGHT THE CONTESTANTS WHERE QUITE VARIED IN THEIR BACKGROUNDS AND TALENTS SO THAT IN ITSELF MADE IT INTERESTING. I DID FIND FAULT IN ONE ASPECT OF THE FORMAT THOUGH AND THAT WAS NOT ALLOWING ALL CHEFS TO COMPETE EACH TIME INSTEAD OF THE FINAL THREE. I HOPE THE NEW SEASON CHANGES THAT. HOWEVER, I’LL BE THERE FOR ALL THE FUTURE SHOWS!!!

Jim Cieslewicz September 30, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I’ve gotta say as a professional cook this show is awesome! It so much better than the 20 or so odd shows about police or ppl in hospitals or all the other crap pushed out there on a yearly basis! I love to cook and thats why i do it for a living. Yeah it’s not always the most rewarding job when it comes down to pay but the rewards of day in and out cooking for people is fantastic!
Anyone who is sick of seeing Gordon on t.v. i get it but he is the best of the best and the fact that they are taking people who only cook at home and are goona give them a recipe book plus prize money i would kill for a chance like that! There are millions of cooks/chefs out there who whether they know it or not would just love a chance to learn from a master like Gordon.

Pearl H Joseph September 27, 2010 at 6:13 am

I am dying to wait for the season 2 to apply. This show is a big hit and it is a real competition. Gordon Ramsey plays a tremendous role in discovering the best cooks in America and make them the Masterchef. Talk about opportunity! Who gives it to you?

FlyingVEE September 23, 2010 at 1:51 am

i loved Masterchef! so I am glad they are renewing it. Hell’s Kitchen is really a GONG SHOW… at least today’s premiere and clips of next episode… I am glad Ramsay took on Masterchef and hope it continues to be successful.

Stealing some cyber bandwidth here, I’m a LATE Firefly fan… and subsequently, My fave sci-fi of recent years is still Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles, followed by Defying Gravity (I know, different tv network). Why are networks so easily ready to “drop” the axe on such well written, intriguing, developing sci-fi shows?

As others said, they don’t care about fan base and underground culture… and only about ratings and money – that is very sad. I would definitely want to see Terminator TSCC any day over Dollhouse (I still enjoyed Dollhouse, but Nikita kicks Dollhouse 10 folds and its only been the Premiere and Episode 1 so far for Nikita!)

Anonymous September 16, 2010 at 3:22 pm

America’s master chef wins by frying a chicken breast, drudged in flour! I can’t believe that this was a winning dish at any level. This is a sad

lisa September 16, 2010 at 9:12 am

I like Gordon Ramsey on Hell’s Kitchen because it is so raw. I was disappointed in the judging on Masterchef because I new in the beginning that Whitney was going to win. This show was rig for her to win. This would bring in more female viewers to keep the ratings up. It should have been a show down between Sharone and Lee. Whitney strength was in baking desserts, etc and not real cooking when it comes to full course meals. If you are going to do a new season of this show, then bring in new judges (excluding Gordon) and one add’t person that is not a chef for the judging to be fair. My friends and I will not being watching Masterchef again. Hell’s Kitchen is still number one.

guy savoy September 9, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Jeremy, I am too tired to respond to your ignorant comments. You obviously do not know what you are talking about. Please go to the Lie to Me website and pour your heart out. Please. Right now.

Jeremy Rynek September 9, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Well for your information, I didn’t say that all would be canceled this season. I’m warning them not to cancel any of them at any point in time soon.

Jeremy Rynek September 8, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Wow isn’t that a crock. This is rediculous. WTF? Really? Not 1 not 2 but 3 Gordon Ramsey shows? What ever. You can put three of those on, but you cancel 24, Til Death, D0llhouse and a bunch of other good shows. Those numbers better be really good because wow that’s a crock of ****!! I’ll just warn you now Fox do NOT Cancel Lie to me, Human Target, any of the animated shows Bones, House, The Good guys, Fringe or Lone Star. But I know the cold hard fact that not all those shows are gonna survive this season. Prove me wrong Fox. I’ve been a loyal fan to you for many years even though I disagree with a lot of the decisons you’ve made the past.

Jon September 22, 2010 at 9:37 am

Shows like “The Dollhouse” cost a bloody fortune to produce each week. Hideously expensive. They have to have a huge audience to justify the expense. You’ve got huge ensemble casts, some big name stars, SFX, etc etc. I do believe however that many networks don’t read the responses on the internet or follow the “underground” out of the mainstream fan base of shows like “Firefly” and “Dollhouse”. If shows that start slow but are brillantly written, acted and have a devoted fan base were allowed to develop past one season they could become huge hits. “Friends” was NOT a hit when it started. It took a while. If “Friends” were done TODAY it would not get past season one. It seems as if a show now has to be an instant overnight hit to get past the first season.

Shows like “Masterchef” cost practically nothing by comparison to produce. They are the “fast food” of television programming. They have Gordon and the other judges who obviously get paid. The contestants DO NOT get paid… well… they probably get something… maybe some “parting gifts”. The prize money in masterchef is what some big stars make PER EPISODE. This is true for all reality shows and this is why there are so many of them. They are cheap cheap cheap to make. You have a bunch of people “acting real” for “free” each week. (my brother was an extra in a civil war movie. The actors guild had a conniption fit because they used too many reenactors willing to work for nothing.)

Although I really like chef Gordon I think 3 shows is about enough. What I like is when one is finished another one starts up. I hated his “fourth” show… the “live” one with people cooking at home and live video using skype. That one was awful. I think it was a failed pilot. It was painful to watch. I had to cover my eyes.