Merlin: Cancelled by NBC but Season Two is Still Coming to US

MerlinThe BBC series didn’t exactly bring “magical” ratings to NBC during its short run last summer but Merlin’s second season will still be seen here in the states.

Merlin follows the life of the legendary wizard in early adulthood, living in the court of King Uther, Arthur’s father. The series stars Colin Morgan as Merlin, Bradley James as Prince Arthur, Anthony Head as King Uther, Katie McGrath as Morgana, Angel Coulby as Gwen, Richard Wilson as Gaius, and John Hurt as the voice of the Great Dragon.

A production of BBC One, Merlin has been a big enough success in the UK to be renewed for seasons two and three. NBC picked up the supernatural show and decided to run the first season during the summer of 2009. The ratings weren’t very good and the network has been mum on any plans to bring it back.

Does it matter to you that Merlin's on SyFy and not NBC?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Now, there’s word that Merlin is indeed coming back to the US — but not on NBC. Word is that Syfy (also owned by NBC Universal) will begin airing season two of Merlin on Friday, April 2nd; paired with the returning Stargate Universe.

If you need a refresher on season one, Syfy will be airing the episodes during an all-day marathon on March 28th. You can also purchase the official DVD release but that won’t hit stores until April 20th. It’s a five-disc set and will contain all 13 episodes as well as two hours of extras that will include video diaries and a featurette.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Merlin is returning to the US? Does it matter to you that it’s on Syfy and not NBC?

Harriet October 31, 2011 at 8:28 pm

We got hooked on Merlin early in the show and hope it returns. It’s a refreshing twist to evening stories. Please, please bring it back for another season or more!

heart2serve October 29, 2011 at 10:30 am

I just finished watching this series on netflix and now it is frustrating that it we will not get series 4 because it does not air in the US. It is even hard to find it online. Glad that the UK at least gets it but it would be nice if we had access in the US

Bob October 25, 2011 at 7:57 am

PLease do not cancel give it a chance to catch on more.I as well as others think it is entertaning to watch!

Vonda October 23, 2011 at 11:04 am

I truly admire this show and enjoyed watching it. I’ve only watched this show on Syfy and looking foward to the next season. Bring it back with the same cast of actors.

cindy October 2, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I have been watching Merlin from the beginning with my daughter, she works and goes to school and still has time to sit down and watch Merlin with me please don’t cancel the show we love it

Laura September 29, 2011 at 1:45 pm

When is Merlin Coming back??? Even if it is on SciFi WHERE R THE NEW SHOWS???? this is a really good show my kids are even into it!

aquarius September 16, 2011 at 7:48 pm

i wish it would just come back on

Ruth September 23, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Please please bring Merlin back I love the show, actors and the Dragon:)

Sharon F September 4, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Merlin is a great show. My husband and I looked forward to seeing it weekly. It seems like the good shows get cancelled. No swearing or sex. I guess that makes a bad show. Not in my book.

Tracy August 15, 2011 at 11:33 am

My husband and I watched all 26 episodes of season 1 and 2 on netflixs.
I am hoping that there will be a season 3. Please don’t leave us hanging.

Tim August 10, 2011 at 1:45 pm

please bring back merlin

Osvaldo July 3, 2011 at 5:10 am

I love the show Merlin. I’ve just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 on netflix and I’m dying to watch more. Please bring back Merlin.

stacy June 20, 2011 at 12:12 pm

we just started watching Merlin on netflix and love it. I never remember it even being advertised on NBC. We have watched 26 episodes and can’t wait to see more!

J.O. June 19, 2011 at 5:55 am

My daughter and I just all of the sudden got hooked on Merlin. It was on our Netflix selection. We love it, and want to see more shows. Please don’t cancel….

kelley May 21, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Why are you cancelling your best show? Bring Back Merlin. Give shows time to develope veiwers. There is enough reality shows (non-shows) . Please, make television shows.

Carole May 20, 2011 at 2:18 pm

We love this show “Merlin”, he is a great actor and this is one of your better shows!! Bring it back!!!