Missing: Ratings for the 2011-12 TV Season

Missing TV showHere are the ratings for the Missing TV series — the TV show in which a former CIA Agent/mom (Ashley Judd) searches for her missing son. The first season of Missing typically airs Thursday nights at 8pm on the ABC network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Missing will be cancelled or renewed for a second season. Check out our ABC ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final series averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.59 million total viewers.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 05/17/12 (series finale)
1.3 in the demo (+18% episode-to-episode change) with 6.53 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.45 in the demo with 7.59 million.

UPDATE: Missing has been cancelled.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 05/10/12
1.1 in the demo (-8% episode-to-episode change) with 6.37 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.47 in the demo with 7.70 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 05/03/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% episode-to-episode change) with 6.32 million; tied for fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.51 in the demo with 7.87 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 04/26/12
1.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 6.98 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.56 in the demo with 8.09 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 04/19/12
1.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 7.23 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.58 in the demo with 8.28 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 04/12/12
1.4 in the demo (-7% episode-to-episode change) with 7.91 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.62 in the demo with 8.49 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 04/05/12
1.5 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 7.24 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.68 in the demo with 8.63 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 03/29/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% episode-to-episode change) with 7.87 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.73 in the demo with 9.09 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 03/22/12
1.6 in the demo (-24% episode-to-episode change) with 8.81 million; fourth place at 8pm, third at 8:30pm.
Season average: 1.85 in the demo with 9.71 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 03/15/12
2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.60 million total viewers; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.10 in the demo with 10.60 million.

It was an okay start for Ashley Judd and company. Former occupant Wipeout had been attracting a 1.5 in the demo and it’s of course important to remember that the debut was opposite American Idol. In the fall, Charlie’s Angels also debuted in the 8pm timeslot with a 2.1 in the demo and was cancelled not too long afterward because the numbers dwindled downward. Will the same happen to Missing? Stay tuned.

What do you think? Do you like the Missing TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Marianne June 27, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I didn’t miss one episode. I loved it and so did many of my friends.
The show kept me looking forward to the next one.
And now the ending where Becca goes missing. love it!!!

kelvin June 24, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I bought the series dvd and thought it was the best show on tv in a l ong time. I think ABC needs to make another season and put in an intelligent time slot where they will see the ratings sky rocket. I have already recommended to all my friends and family to watch the dvd collection!

Lisa June 20, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Please renew! The show was great, and it left you wanting more. I could hardly wait for the next episode. AWESOME!!!!!!

Maybe it will get picked up on TNT, now that would be great.

Rekha Maharaj June 17, 2012 at 2:07 am

I love it.please renew

Dina June 16, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Please renew the show. This was one of few shows we could watch as a family. Most Tv shows that are appropriate for families are only on Disney channell. Loved this show!!! Can’t keep us wondering what happened to Becca.

Kathy June 15, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Great show. Not the regular cop, violent story. Also the geography was beautiful. Tired of the same old crime lab or hospital junk.

Mickey Beebe June 13, 2012 at 11:39 am

I love this show!! Please don’t get rid ot it.Me and my family are hooked!

Pam June 12, 2012 at 8:42 am

Great show! Not many left so this one was a treat. Bring it back!!!!

Antoinette June 10, 2012 at 5:16 pm

How does one find out if this series will continue somewhere, sometime? I could hardly wait for the next one in the last series as it was, and now want to know what happens after Becca goes missing?

admin June 10, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Antoinette ยป We’ll report it if the show returns elsewhere. That’s highly unlikely to happen though.

Antinette June 10, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I was thoroughly enjoying the series and don’t want to be left in the air as to what happened when Becca goes missing!!!!!!! I sincerely hope that something will be done to continue the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LR June 9, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Too bad. Here was something somewhat different at least. The same cop and doctor genre’s over and over gets tiresome and boring.

Judy June 8, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I love this show. Can’t wait for the next espisode each week, it is full of suspense and action. Please renew for the 2nd season.

Candace June 7, 2012 at 5:57 pm

PLEASE keep this show on the air it is amazing. And it keeps you coming back for more each and every week….the suspense is awesome!

Shirley Watts June 7, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I could hardly wait for the new episode each week. My husband doesn’t watch much TV, but he never missed an episode. Please reconsider your decision to cancel such an excellent show.

Anonymous June 4, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Please keep this show. I do not watch a lot of TV but this one has me hooked! Great show…….lots of action and suspense. Reality shows are so NOT reality. I do not watch any of them!!! I’d rather see something with a plot and some excitement.

Loretta June 5, 2012 at 5:58 am

Absolutely totally agree! and then for it to leave us hanging like it did knowing it would not be back on –arrrggggghhhhh!
Please reconsider this decision. One of the few things on TV this year worth watching.!!!!!