Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 – April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

current TV show

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

John J April 19, 2013 at 12:03 am

Liked the show but I wonder how much more could the plot become in order to continue with new episodes. After a while the TV show House became boring because the main story line was the same thing over and over again then towards the end of the series the writers created pure nonsense with the characters.

Lee April 18, 2013 at 10:24 pm

love the show…hope it returns for a second season

Nola April 18, 2013 at 8:05 pm

The remark by Park–”Not do, die”–PRICELESS

Nola April 18, 2013 at 8:04 pm

This is absolutely one of the BEST new shows! I would be very disappointed to see it cancelled!

Bill April 18, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I would like to see Monday Morning renewed. I was disappointed that it was such a short season. Please give it another season!

Bill

Bruce April 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Do NOT CANCEL this show. One of the best medical shows to come along in years.

charlyn April 18, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Please do not cancel this show. I was the best HOUSE viewer and was ill when it went off the air…..I really liked one of the mm episodes when they did not know what was goingO n with their patient, and one of the doctors said. ,”maybe we should call house”….THIS WAS GREAT!!!!. PLEASE KEEP IT GOING !!!!!!!

Barry April 17, 2013 at 11:23 pm

This is the best show on TV bar none. I have several favorites that I like and don’t miss but this show is the best drama with the best stories and dramas that I have seen. I especially like “Don’t Do Die”.

max April 17, 2013 at 10:24 pm

If you don’t renew this fine show, it will prove how jaded you are, and how much the powers that be prefer profane, nonsensical, shows instead.

Marie April 17, 2013 at 9:22 pm

This is a great show..it is so intelligently written and acted. I’m totally into it and was upset last Monday – April 15 – when it went missing. Please…do not cancel. It is one of the few programs I watch outside of HGTV or PBS.

Mervyn schwalger April 16, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I love this show always looking forward to watching every week. I hope you do not cancel this series. The reason why I enjoy watching this show because in real life it shows the life of surgeons and doctors how they are held accountable, or responsible for their actions whether they are successful or not!

justin April 16, 2013 at 8:21 pm

love this show, hope it returns for 2nd season, its my new “house”

Jaylynn Jones April 16, 2013 at 8:19 pm

A wonderful show. Please renew, i am so tired of reality shows where any kind of person with no talent and so trashy people. I want a show that i can watch with my grandchildren. That show they love to watch. My granddaughter wants to be a doctor. Please renew

Mary Dell Sharp April 17, 2013 at 10:58 am

this show is wonderful and quite refreshing I have not met anyone that dislikes this show please do not cancel the one show that is really good

Sarah April 16, 2013 at 1:46 pm

one of the best medical shows ever on TV…please renew for many more episodes!!

judie April 16, 2013 at 1:28 pm

A wonderful program. Please renew.