Resurrection: ABC TV Show Gets Second Season

Resurrection TV show on ABC: season 2This show doesn’t need reviving. ABC has renewed their new Resurrection TV series for a second season.

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

Following a lot of promotion, this drama debuted to a very strong 3.8 rating with 13.9 million viewers. The ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks but it’s still generating positive numbers for ABC. The network has had a tough time filling their Sunday night schedule and this is one of only two new ABC dramas that have had any success in the ratings.

What do you think? Have you been watching this show? Are you glad that it’s been renewed or do you think that it should have been cancelled instead? How long should Resurrection run? For many years or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

493 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Yepp says

Best network tv show I’ve seen in years. Glad we get another season, and hope even more. Great cast. Great story. Just wish Almost Human had made the cut instead of yet another CSI copy… But diff network…

2. Kayla says

I absolutely love this show it keeps me wanting more and I think it should run for years its a very interesting show!!!!

3. M & M says

This show is kinda boring! plus this will not survive another season, ironically it should not be resurrected at all, it should be cancelled. Most people don’t believe on resurrection unless your Jesus! LOL! OMG!

4. anonymous says

This a really a decent show but does ABC realize that they have picked the worst spot.
    They are competing with PBS Masterpiece Theater, Fox’s Cosmos: A spacetime odessy,
    HBO Game of Thrones. 4 good shows in the same time slop. ABC ! Are you for real..
    I watch most the next day on ON-DEMAND

5. Jackie says

Love the show. My family and I have been faithful to it since day 1. Excited about season 2. KEEP IT UP!!!

6. Cindy says

I am certainly glad it is going to be renewed. Who ever decided to end it the way they did, should, at the very least, lose their job. Who are the idiots who decided to do this?? Huge disappointment. At least bring it back to give some resolution.

7. Linz says

Love the show and very happy a second season is on it’s way! I can’t imagine it being left ending at season 1 with a huge cliffhanger!!

8. Irma says

Yes!! Love this show…it hits close to home. We recently lost my oldest brother; oh how we wish we could have him around again. Will continue to be a fan of the show; my 9 year old knows the characters more than I do. Jacob reminds me of my son.