Ringer: Should It Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Ringer canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the last episode of Ringer’s first season — and likely of the TV series as well. Despite being The CW’s most anticipated new TV show of 2011-12, the series hasn’t been able to hold onto its audience.

Ringer revolves around a former exotic dancer named Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) who, after being the sole witness to a professional hit, reunites with her wealthy estranged twin, Siobhan. When Siobhan disappears, Bridget assumes her identity and discovers that her sister’s complicated life rivals her own. The show also features the talents of Nestor Carbonell, Mike Colter, Ioan Gruffudd, Zoey Deutch, Tara Summers, and Kristoffer Polaha).

The series debuted to strong numbers (by CW standards anyway) with a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.84 million total viewers. That was pretty close to being on par with the smallest network’s most popular show, The Vampire Diaries.

Should Ringer be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Unfortunately, the second episode of Ringer lost 25% in the demo and by the fourth installment, the series lost another 33%. Not good. It didn’t help that the network put the struggling series on hiatus for two months.

The ratings have fluctuated somewhat over the course of the season but have been trending downward overall. The most recent episodes of Ringer have been bringing in a 0.4 demo rating and just over a million total viewers. Even by The CW’s standards, those are very bad numbers.

While The CW gets revenue from other areas besides broadcast advertising — big deals from Netflix and Hulu, for example — the network still has to make choices about what to cancel and what to renew. If viewership of Ringer had been on the rise, it would have a chance at being renewed. As it stands now, it looks certain that tonight’s episode will be the last one.

But what do you think? Is it time for Ringer to be cancelled or should there be a second season?

JoAnna Cavallaro November 3, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Who are the idiots, who can’t seem to commit to an ongoing series? Are their personal lives just as screwed up? What is with these teasers, of great series, only to cancel them when
those morons get bored? distracted? What is their problem?, other than having the attention span of a flea!

A Dasenbrock October 30, 2012 at 7:43 am

BRING BACK RINGER!! Me and my hubby love the show!

joce October 23, 2012 at 11:41 am

DONT. CANCEL. THIS. SHOW.
its my favorite show and i wanna know what is going to happen next. best show on CW

Gloria Lourenco September 23, 2012 at 10:36 am

We do not watch reality show they are bland!! Keep the good series on or do not do continuous series make each airing end like Bones!!

Gloria Lourenco September 23, 2012 at 10:34 am

Please do not cancel this series and why do networks cancel series without ending them we the watchers want to know what happens in a series I know that pretty soon we are not going to watch series if they keep cancelling them and we get no closure on them and we are left hanging ! This reminds me of when I was a child and we went to see cliffhangers if you didn’t go to the movies every Saturday you would miss the endings. Stop cancelling series without ending them!!

Linda September 12, 2012 at 2:55 pm

please do not canceled it. It is a good show. I have watched the show from episod 1 season 1 So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not canceled it.

Anonymous September 11, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I can’t believe it!!!! I’ve been waiting all summer. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

disappointed September 5, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Please do not cancel ringer. I thought it was one of the best drama shows CW was airing. I’m tired of all the supernatural stuff, not to say Vampire Diaries isn’t good, but… get rid of all the other supernatural stuff. sick of it.

ukringerfan September 5, 2012 at 3:40 am

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL RINGER! I watched it faithfully over here, even when it went on hiatus. The cliffhanger ending is too good to just be the end. If the network knew canceling was probable, then they should have made the last few episodes in a way that couldn’t allow for any further series. And why do the UK viewing numbers have no bearing on the demographic results, are us brits watching, and really enjoying, the show not enough? BRING IT BACK AND VERY VERY SOON PLEASE!

Wil August 30, 2012 at 10:26 pm

DON’T CANCEL THE RINGER!!! It’s too good of a show!!!!

becca August 24, 2012 at 12:19 am

Bring back the Ringer, can’t wait to see what is going to happen next. I really enjoyed the series and would love to see more.

marti September 4, 2012 at 10:33 am

Every time a show gets interesting, a network decides to cancel. We all cannot be sports fanatics or reality show buffs, sometime fantasy is good for the soul! Please bring it back!

jennifer reyes August 14, 2012 at 6:22 am

Please keep Ringer on I looked forward to it on Tuesday it’s a great show always left you wanting more.

Denise July 26, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I hope Soapnet, or Lifetime network put GCB,Ringer,and Missing back on the air on there network. Do they know by getting these shows back on the air there fan base will go crazy I know if I ran a tv network I would listen to my fans because without them there would not be a network the fans know what they want to see on tv so why are the networks being so stupid. They made the stupid choice by cancelling these three great shows like they didn’t think at all about the fans so please all you networks did not make the some mistake ABC and CW made help keep are shows back on the air.

Becky Kosher July 4, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Please do not cancel Ringer! We’ve enjoyed every episode from the first one until the end of the season. I cannot imagine why you would consider cancelling Ringer as it is probably the best show on CW! Don’t leave us faithful viewers hanging…

NCRingerfan June 30, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Pleaes do not cancer Ringer. It is a really good show. Finally a grown up show on the CW. It is also a nice break from all these crazy so called “reality shows.” I have been watching it from the beginning. I am hooked. I want to see what happens to Siobhan and Bridgette. I want Siobhan to get caught. Please do not cancer Ringer. Thank you.