Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Michael October 13, 2013 at 5:42 am

This was the best sitcom ever. CBS had a hit and treated it like crap moving around the time slot. Warburton, Spade, and Hudson were the funniest guys on tv. The addition of Timmy was great also. The show could have easily gone another 5 seasons. I didnt start watching till 2012 and its my favorite show. It needs to come back like family guy did because the fans want it back. Pay attention CBS. Warburton and Spade are now working on other sitcoms because CBS did Rules Of Engagement so damn dirty.

April October 9, 2013 at 7:35 pm

It real bummer to find out its off the air now there could have been some extremely funny episodes with the new baby. Will defiantly miss this show, but I will enjoy watching the reruns.

Anonymous October 9, 2013 at 12:00 am

Well that is truly heart breaking loved this like so many others :/

lulu October 6, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I found this gem late in 2013 and have loved every minute catcbhing up on all 7 seasons. I was really looking foward in catching a season live because |I haven’t laughed out loud in a n empty room in years. I feel bad I didn’t find this show earlier so
I could support its renewal!!!!!

Kelly Greene September 29, 2013 at 8:32 pm

When I was old the show had been canceled I refused to believe ANY network couldbe so dumb! I guess it’s true and I’m so sad about it. Seems like every time a “baby” gets put into a script the show cancels…Look at Friends, or Sex and the City? It’s a prelude to a shows death. I will miss this show tremendously and will cling to the re-runs! This show was funny, entertaining, educational and something to look forward to at the end of a long hard day at work. So now we are STUCK with STUPID shows like “Two broke (and NOT funny) Girls and “The Middle” also STUPID! I’m so disgusted I could scream!

Melanie September 28, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Why?????This show was the best, it was my husband and I in all stages of our relationship. It was our show, our “date night”! I am heart broken to hear is done. : (

Marc September 27, 2013 at 3:10 am

Totally sad to just find out the show was cancelled. Loved this show and all the characters were terrific! Just when the show was getting even more interesting with a baby…it gets cancelled! For some reason the good shows are getting cancelled and the shows that are mediocre are still on. How about a TV show that is about people and benevolent aliens in space? One that is not all about people finding ways to ‘hook up’ as they say. It gets boring after seeing too many shows with only that as the goal. Can anyone come up with a good show with fun characters, jokes, excitement and adventure that brings us more into a futuristic feeling and traveling in space to planets. Something beyond the 1966 original Star Trek and not always about wars in space.

denise September 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm

So sad. Such a funny funny cast and show. They moved the show around so much it was hard to determine when it was on. We watch the repeats and have turned numerous friends onto same. Yet another reason to not watch CBS — bad shows and decent ones they cancel.

Amanda Hill September 26, 2013 at 1:42 am

Everytime I get into a show they cancel it! I’m not impressed! I loved this show and could not wait for more! What the heck is wrong with TV now days, they get a person interested and then cancel the entire show! BULL!

Darkman September 24, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Why did they cancel it? I really enjoyed this show. ROE has offered me moments of laugh that Two and a Half men never did. I really don’t understand how it managed to get into an 11th season while better comedies got cancelled.

Barb September 23, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I just love that show! I don’t want to see it canceled! They have a lot to work with to keep it going for a few more seasons.

Crisdubbz September 19, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Love the show. Just when I got caught up they canceled it. Even though it kinda flew under the radar. It was really funny! Hope they can work shit out..

Tom Robitaille September 18, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Rules of Engagement was a very well done show that looked like all the cast worked well together, and the fact that most of the series Jeff and Audrey are trying to have a family and when it finally happens its over. This was one of my favorite shows and I never missed it! And I was really disappointed to find out it wasnt coming back when there was so much to work with. This show should have a life span of at least 10 seasons. So many laughs and so much potential.

Steve S September 18, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Yeah, I liked it, and will probably watch it in syndication. Glad I got to know it, and see most of it when it aired (not replays)

tom September 18, 2013 at 10:31 am

Truly sorry to see it go.. But not to shocked…