Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

will February 4, 2013 at 12:44 am

I would watch it even if it didn’t have Zack braff, bring it back!!!!

Allie February 3, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I thought season 9 of Scrubs was INCREDIBLE. I admit that it is very different from the previous seasons, but it’s still wonderful in it’s own way. I broke down when I heard that the show was cancelled. Please, bring it back. Change is never easy, but it’s not always bad. Give it a chance. Please.

New Scrubs February 3, 2013 at 7:43 am

I love the old and new character sets !:o)
The Scrubs series is good entretainment with exellent luntic cut troat dialogs!

One behalf of the entire norwegian scrubs fan club:
We are 100% secure “Season 10″ DVD buyers, so get to it ABC!

We are sooo looking foreward to: The 10th series of Absolute Absurd Theater!

Lynda Kristina January 30, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I’m new to watching Scrubs. Didn’t actually watch it until this year on Netflix but I loved it! I thought the ending of season 8 when they gave J.D. the send-off was brilliant and since the show revolved around J.D. to begin with, it should have ended right there.
Starting a med school with a whole bunch of new faces–all “Scrubs” wannabes? Leaving us hanging about whatever happened to Elliot and J.D.’s baby? Losing Carla into the Twinkie Twilight Zone? All really really lame! Season 8 was a classic, perfect ending and I felt so cheated by the circus that was 1/2 of Season 9.

Ms. aswype January 27, 2013 at 8:33 pm

its ok we all knew ABC are idiots

Manny January 24, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I say agree with “kprg” and i beleive that there should be a season 10 to finish scrubs once and for all (the final and most blood pumping season) to reveal the questions at hand: where is the janitor and carla? What happened to Eliot? and so forth

Manny January 24, 2013 at 4:29 pm

what happened to Eliot and Jd’s kid?*

Me January 23, 2013 at 11:11 am

I love the show, i think the should make a season 10 as final season, the final season were everything gets answered.

Callan Cras January 23, 2013 at 11:09 am

Just bring it back please or you just have stopped by season eight but now you have to make a new season it’s not about the rate numbers it’s about the serie

Callan Cras January 23, 2013 at 11:06 am

Why it’s the best serie there has to be a new season

Ross Robinette January 21, 2013 at 6:54 pm

We Need Scrubs Back! You can’t end a season like that, they shouldn’t have even done a Season 9 if they were gonna do that, to many anawsered questions. Need to actually have an ending

Braden January 17, 2013 at 1:09 am

It was a great show should have ended after season 8 it was a very powerful ending

Adam January 15, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Pleasssse bring SCRUBS back I just wached the last episode and it can’t leave off there I wanna know what happens if Cole becomes a surgen or if lucy becomes a Doctor I wanna know this I hope my opinion makes it come back on the air I love this show.

sebastian January 13, 2013 at 4:04 pm

i am a 13year boy from sweden and i just love scrubs it would be a dream comming true if rhey brout scrubs back :)

Kayla Flinchum January 13, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I think that the show SCRUBS was amazingly hilarious. I do feel like they should have continued airing the show. I am sure that i am not aline when i say that i have so many unanswered questions. In the very near furture I highly think they should consider on putting the show back on..!!!!

kprg January 8, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I think that if ABC was going to make a final session it should have been 8, that last episode was breath taking, the new episodes arent as good but so many questions are left unanswered….like where is the Janitor now? How will JD and Elliot’s baby look like? Where is carla? How big are Turks kids? And more.