Sean Saves the World: NBC Orders More Episodes

Sean Saves the World tv showLast week, NBC ordered four additional scripts for Sean Saves the World. Well, it looks like they’re going to need more than that.

The peacock network has now ordered five more installments into production, bringing the season total to 18 episodes. The news follows the sitcom’s surge in the ratings last night, thanks to having a special episode of The Voice as a lead-in.

Despite the boost, the sitcom remains NBC’s lowest-rated show that’s still on the network. Welcome to the Family and Ironside, which were doing worse, have already been cancelled.

Sean Saves the World follows a gay man (Sean Hayes) as he tries to juggle the responsibilities of raising a teenage daughter (Samantha Isler) with his work and the interference of his overbearing mother (Linda Lavin). His workmates are played by Megan Hilty, Echo Kellum, and Thomas Lennon.

What do you think? Do you enjoy this comedy? Are you hoping that it will see a second season or still end up cancelled?

gabriel January 20, 2014 at 1:29 am

They have to give this show a chance. This show is super funny. Please save this show.

Lisa December 18, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I love love love this show. I have always been a fan of Sean Hayes so I couldn’t wait. Thomas Lennon as his boss cracks me up! I am rolling on the floor laughing. What a great respite from the real world while covering some real world issues!!!!

Nancy December 17, 2013 at 10:16 am

This show is so funny. I think the Sean Hayes and Linda Lavin combo is brilliant. It is laugh out loud funny. BTW, Linda Lavin has never looked better. This is one of the few shows I look forward to every week.

lena December 3, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I love this sitcom. sean hayes is awesome. please keep it on….

LB November 11, 2013 at 7:56 am

I really like this show – I actually laugh out loud and there aren’t many comedy shows out there that do that anymore….

Steve November 9, 2013 at 9:29 pm

This show is actually better than I expected. I originally didn’t think the show was going to be good as a little flamboyant Sean Hayes goes a VERY long way, but he’s toned it down enough and shown enough depth to make the show work.

Sue November 8, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I like this show. Sean Hayes and Linda Lavin are very talented actors and I enjoy the quick with and Sean’s physical comedy.