Strike Back: Final Season of Cinemax Series Delayed Until 2015

Strike Back TV show final season on CinemaxFans of Cinemax‘s Strike Back TV show will have to wait awhile longer for the fifth and final season. The cable channel has revealed that the new episodes won’t start airing until sometime in 2015.

Production on the final season’s 10 episodes had to be put on hold after star Sullivan Stapleton — Sgt. Damien Scott on the show — sustained a serious off-set injury in February.

Stapleton had pre-shot some Strike Back scenes to allow him to promote his film 300: Rise Of An Empire but still had more to do. Production was shut down in March and was expected to resume this summer.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the Strike Back series? Are you looking forward to the final season? Do you think it should be ending?

12 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. ron says

Strike Back is a great series, lots of action and a good plot. But if the writers say it should end that is bad. But if the writers have run out of ideas, then end it while it is still good. I hate it when series keep running on a bad plot.

2. jayjay says

I would guess this show shows ending because of Sullivan Stapleton, and his new-ish “fame”
    (300: rise of an empire was pure forgettable crap BTW) but lets just hope this last season at least goes out with a bang (huge explosion) not a whimper.

3. Geoff says

No question the first 2 seasons were much, much better than the last two. The last 2 seasons’ scripts and action seemed so much more fabricated and less authentic than the first two. I was really hoping the writing and action would come back into line, but I guess not.

4. stonemegga says

probably ending before the writers lose creative license and show be comes a husk of it’s former self. Don’t get me wrong ill Ride or Die i would rather it just end ******* AWESOME than lame…

5. Pete says

Strike Back us a great show. I wish I had found it sooner, had to ho back and watch grist season. Really bad idea to cancel this try promoting it more if it’s not making enough money.

6. says

I love Strike Back…and think that the theme song is absolutely the best. The actors and the acting; the story and the story lines ; these are the best. I really believe that this type of covert operations group would be so great in real life!! Clear up a lot of problems this world now faces…yep, it would!! It is going to be such a long, long wait to see new episodes.

7. Billy says

It should continue as there are too many like minded tv shows coming to an early end.
    Like another tv show The Unit with what’s happening all over the world and use of special forces highlighting their capabilities.