The Black Box: New ABC Series to Star Kelly Reilly

black box on ABCABC has announced plans to air The Black Box, a new dramatic limited series. They’ve ordered 13 episodes which will start airing sometime in 2014.

Kelly Reilly will star as Dr. Elizabeth Black, a world-famous neuroscientist who unwraps the mysteries of the brain as she juggles complex issues of her own. In her pursuit to find balance in her life, Elizabeth is constantly haunted by her own struggle with mental illness.

On the outside, Elizabeth has a special touch for the patients she treats at The Center for Neurological Research and Treatment, otherwise known as “The Cube.” However Elizabeth’s mental illness is not the only secret she’s kept locked away from her family and her new fiancĂ©.

The Black Box is written by Amy Holden Jones and Simon Curtis will direct.

What do you think? Does Black Box sound like an interesting series?

Cynthia August 15, 2014 at 1:00 am

I love this show and can’t wait for the new season.

Mer July 25, 2014 at 10:47 am

Kelly plays the part so real to life…………I am bipolar and can identify with her character……………People should be educated about others who are bipolar……..Some of your very intelligent people have this disorder……..We all have to live together on this earth and we should accept people for how they are presenting in life…….I hope this story will continue……..thanks for airing it………..Mer

DOTTIE CROWL July 25, 2014 at 9:56 am

THIS HAS BECOME MY FAVE SHOW, PLEASE BRING IT BACK,

Carolee July 14, 2014 at 10:19 am

It is off-beat but very interesting. Hypnotic. Haunting.
Kelly Reilly is so stunning, sensual and sexy – and of course, a terrific actress.
This show needs to be seen and needs more promos and publicity.

Carolee

joan June 26, 2014 at 11:45 pm

I find the show fascinating. A subject never addressed in a series. It is fast moving and well acted. I enjoy the personal side as well as the hospital situations. I was disappointed that they changed the time. It is also a welcome relief from all the cop shows and silly sitcoms.

joan June 26, 2014 at 11:39 pm

I think the show is awesome. A subject never addressed before in a series. The acting is super. I find it fascinating . A welcome change from all the cop shows. I hope they continue the series. I am disappointed that they arbitrarily changed the time.

Michelle June 11, 2014 at 6:42 pm

We want more of the “Black Box”. It’s deep, dark, alluring and sexy too! Please give us more esisodes.

Linda Murphy May 14, 2014 at 7:17 pm

This is an awesome show. I watch two shows each week without fail and Black Box is one. Great acting and a great insight into mental disorders.
I hope it runs for years!

Albert April 28, 2014 at 10:21 pm

The show is great for understanding what it is to live trough a not to known desease
Does who disagree probably need it more then then they think
Thanks for this to short tv show

Jane April 26, 2014 at 11:06 pm

While I agree with Ferris (I have lived with bipolar at least as long as he), you don’t just dump your medication and the next morning wake up manic, there are a lot of manifestations of bipolar disorder that I hope they do address in this series. I too thought the hypersexuality was real. The ledge reminded me of an old movie with Richard Gear. I have only dreamt of flying but I think there are some people who think they can. I hope they address spending, eating, anger, crying and other manifestations of depression. I like the fact that they mentioned people in history that were bipolar and that she is depicted as very intelligent (many bipolar people are intelligent and creative). Actually I liked the premise and think it promises to educate rather than create fear.

Ferris April 25, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Having watched the first showing of this depiction of a neuroscientist with bipolar disorder just set mental illness back about 30 years! Not only are the reenactments totally false, but as a person with bipolar disorder, I am infuriated that viewers are going to think we can switch from “normalcy” with medication into a manic episode in one day. This is just impossible! After 44 yrs. with this diagnosed illness, I have never written copious notes on my arm, nor stood on a high ledge thinking I was soaring over the city lights. The sexual aspects of the reenactments are more real. The parts of the brain stimulated when in a manic episode makes one hypersensual, but it is chemicals doing the acting out, not the person when stabilized. I highly suggest the writers allow a person with this disorder to write the scripts, and I will volunteer. This series is going to make all of us with this disorder look dangerous and frightening.

Mima April 3, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Saw the previews, went be watching , seen this to Many times

Why Watch August 12, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Another totally unreasonable show based on the write-up. Unwrapping the mystery of the brain. Come on now, get real. Next you’ll know she’ll be seeing ghost of dead mobsters. I’ll pass.