The Black Box: New ABC Series to Star Kelly Reilly

black box on ABCABC has announced plans to air The Black Box, a new dramatic limited series. They’ve ordered 13 episodes which will start airing sometime in 2014.

Kelly Reilly will star as Dr. Elizabeth Black, a world-famous neuroscientist who unwraps the mysteries of the brain as she juggles complex issues of her own. In her pursuit to find balance in her life, Elizabeth is constantly haunted by her own struggle with mental illness.

On the outside, Elizabeth has a special touch for the patients she treats at The Center for Neurological Research and Treatment, otherwise known as “The Cube.” However Elizabeth’s mental illness is not the only secret she’s kept locked away from her family and her new fiancĂ©.

The Black Box is written by Amy Holden Jones and Simon Curtis will direct.

What do you think? Does Black Box sound like an interesting series?

lynette October 27, 2014 at 10:01 pm

love the show!!!!!!!!

Abby October 17, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Black box is such an amazing show!! It needs to stay on tv! I loved how the last episode ended but it can’t stop there so please continue the show!

Barbar Bass October 2, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I can’t believe there was ever a doubt that the Black Box is genius. If anyone wants to take out off the air they should be fired immediately! #realtalk

barbara wallace September 22, 2014 at 4:36 pm

PLEASE keep Black Box on tv is is a FABULOUS show dealing with important issues! Please KEEP it ON! PLEASE

Cheryl September 22, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I agree with previous comment. Take off one of those reality tv shows and leave Black Box on the air. Not only did I find the acting suburb but was a very entertaining and informative show. I have a grand daughter who is epileptic and bipolar and I found the show very informative and created awareness of the brain and how complex and amazing it can be.

Carol Ball September 18, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Please don’t take black box off! All my friends and I look forward to seeing it. This is the first good show for a while. If you have to cancel something—make it one of the stupid sitcoms of which there are way too many