The Event: TV Show May Still Be Renewed for Season Two

Event saved and renewedWord came down today that NBC was cancelling The Event after one season. The serial drama drew positive numbers at the beginning but they have been in decline for much of the season.

The show may not be dead just yet though. Deadline reports that there are talks underway to continue the series elsewhere. Executive producer Steve Stark declined to comment but word is that Netflix may be interested in picking up the show. Netflix had no comment. There’s also supposedly been interest from cable and digital outlets.

Stark noted that they are investigating different options with the full support of Universal Media Studios, the show’s producer. He said, “NBC has been an amazing partner, it launched the show beautifully.”

Series creator Nick Wauters added, “We have a dedicated fan base, and we promised them we will deliver one way or another and will continue to tell our stories.”

Actor Ian Anthony Dale, Simon Lee on The Event, tweeted, “To our amazing fans, our time on NBC may be over, but we are working hard to find a new home that shares our collective enthusiasm.”

What do you think? Should The Event be saved? Where would be the best new home for the series? Would you pay to watch it?

Gary K January 4, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Bring it back please, one off the best shows on TV

Sleeper Jim December 29, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Are you people crazy, dont even think about canceling this show. All of your other
shows are just crap, so you get a good one and you cancel it WTF!!!

Watcher December 11, 2011 at 10:58 am

Just finished watching the series on Netflix. Can’t believe I’m going to have to be left hanging! What is supposed to happen when the aliens “mix” with humans? WHAT is The Event, anyway? C’mon, don’t leave us like this!!!

Mita December 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I have been waiting for this show to return. You have to bring it back. I loved the story and the cast. I agree with John (Oct 12) 100%. I hope Scify picks it up.

RITA December 5, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I LOVE WACTHING THE EVENT I GAVE 2 TUMPS UP I HOPE THERE IS 2ND SESON. I WOULD LIKE TO FINE OUT WHAT HAPPEN

Nicole S December 1, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I would love for this series to continue. It is very good and I would pay to watch it.

Nancy Singletary November 25, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Yes I would even pay to watch this show. It was very entertaining and I keep hoping it will re-appear somewhere, anywhere.

Jmlubbad November 20, 2011 at 4:43 pm

It is just sad to loss a good show to a bad one. I would easily pay to see this show as a movie any time :( let us hope some one some where has a head in his shoulder and can think better than just really on idiots on creating bad shows to take the place of better once, after all until today there has been no show to really take the place of this one. you just can have good replace by bad and expect good things to happen.

Jana Graves November 16, 2011 at 3:00 pm

BRING IT BACK SOMEWHERE!!!! Why in the world won’t Syfy pick it up, how perfect! I have always loved science fiction but this one really captured my imagination – I loved the overall concept and the characters, not to mention the cast! So, hopefully, someone out there in power is listening!

zack zack November 7, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Just like other fans of this show, my wife and I have been waiting for the return of the TV series, the producers had a good TV show what a shame to canceled it.

LINDA M. November 5, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Why in the world would you cancel such a great Show.
I have been looking and watching for it to come back on.
What’s wrong with you People!!!!!!

Joe Arroyo October 27, 2011 at 8:23 pm

How can you just cancel such a great show???

dave October 22, 2011 at 9:52 am

Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elain October 16, 2011 at 7:38 pm

The Event is awesome some real drama I am so tired of all the trashy reality shows.

John October 12, 2011 at 10:59 am

I just found out about this show. Watched the whole series on Netflix and loved it. I would watch it. It pulled me in like LOST, but the pace was faster and there were actual developments of the plot in each episode. I was totally hooked!