The Game: Season Finale Preview; Will It Be Back?

The GameThe new incarnation of The Game made headlines when it debuted on BET in January. The hour premiere attracted a 3.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.68 million viewers. The numbers have fallen quite a bit since then — averaging a 2.2 demo rating and 4.54 million — but The CW would still love to have numbers like that.

The cable channel hasn’t renewed The Game but it’s hard to imagine that they won’t. Here’s a press release about the season finale, which airs tomorrow night:

Shocking Truths are Revealed During the Jaw-Dropping Season Four Finale of “THE GAME”
Season Finale Airs Tuesday, March 29 at 10:00 P.M.* on BET

NEW YORK, March 28, 2011 — Breaking cable records with its series premiere, the season four finale of THE GAME will air on Tuesday, March 29 at 10 p.m.* on BET Networks. With 13 episodes, millions of viewers tuned in weekly to watch the returning season of THE GAME as the “San Diego Sabers” star athletes and the women who support them transitioned into new lives.

During the finale, viewers will be left on the edge of their seats as the repercussions of Malik’s actions continue to haunt him: his girlfriend, Jenna, refuses to take him back and the Sabers court a new quarterback to replace him. Meanwhile, Melanie and Derwin visit a fertility specialist to work towards expanding their family after unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant and Tasha Mack is devastated after an encounter with her dying ex-boyfriend.

A ratings success, THE GAME season four is the #1 ad-supported sitcom telecast in cable television history with 7.7 million total viewers on its cable television premiere, according to The Nielsen Company. Fans of THE GAME tuned into BET to watch the hour-long cable debut on Tuesday, January 11, making the premiere the #2 telecast in BET history among viewers (behind BET AWARDS ’09).

Due to the tremendous response from fans and BET Networks’ successful syndicated acquisition in February 2009, THE GAME made its return to television on BET for the fourth season, picking up where things left off with the show’s main cast — Coby Bell, Hosea Chanchez, Brittany Daniel, Pooch Hall, Tia Mowry and Wendy Raquel Robinson.

THE GAME is executive produced by Mara Brock Akil, Salim Akil, Kenny Smith and Kelsey Grammer. The series is directed by Salim Akil.

*All times are ET/PT.

About BET Networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation’s leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks – BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.

SOURCE BET Networks

What do you think? Will The Game</em> be back? Has season four been as good as you were hoping?

ELove March 30, 2011 at 7:11 am

I love the Game and would like to see another season; however were BET has taken the characters is just too far out there. We first fell in love with this show because it was fun, because there were people who looked like us (black people) doing positive things…bring it back if they go back to that formula. Otherwise we have tired of seeing negative portrals of black americans….really world not all black people are ghetto, gold diggers, who only care about bling and try to break up happy homes,. Oh, by the way when we get money not all of us act like a complete as@!…many of us have money and its not because we “married a baller” or are good at sports. The Game deserves more than that and so do the fans.

BoomBoom March 30, 2011 at 6:20 am

I’m looking forward for more of the Game. I look forward for Tuesday night.It’s sooooh! Exciting.If would be a great disappointment if out doesn’t return.

Adamma April 1, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Love The Game…Love the way Malik loves Jenna, she is a keeper, everyone want to see him as a bad poor, he is healing from his addiction and should be rewarded with true love, I do not want to she him self destruct, he is such a great actor.

rhonda March 30, 2011 at 5:53 am

I love the game its the best thing on bet they deserve do another season…
So we really need a season five I wanna know what
Happens to Kelly do she go back with Jason? What happens with
Tasha Mac and medschool? Don’t leave us hanging please bring the game

GameFan331 March 30, 2011 at 2:52 am

Thanks for bringing the game back! It was a little too serious this time.There were not enough happy times for Derwin and Melanie. Also I don’t like the new sets.They can be dark at times.I would like to see them back.

Selecia March 30, 2011 at 12:45 am

Please bring the GAME back! It is a wonderful show. I love all the drama! Besides there are so many unanswered questions!

Monroe Kelsey March 29, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Does anyone know the name of the song played during the photoshoot when Malik walked in with Jena>??????????

shay March 29, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I love the game tv show. I didn’t catch it from the start but what I have seen is great. I loved season four it was outstanding and I hope and pray there are many more seasons to come. Hopefully season five this fall. I wanna know if malik got back with jena and what happened to his football career. Did tasha find true love to get married. And did melanie and derwin stay together after derwin found out she had an abortion and was it his baby that she aborted?? See there are so many questions that need to be answered so it definetaly gota continue.

johanne March 29, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I want this show back on cable

LaConda March 29, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I love The Game, please bring it back!!!

Margie March 29, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I love the show ‘The Game”. This season has everything in it, laughter, attitude, and definitely has me on the edge of my feet. Each character had a certain spark to them that made them great this season. I love this show please keep them going. I hope they return for another season and hopefully for an hour.

MCT March 29, 2011 at 5:02 pm

We want more of “The Game”, definitely a longer season!!

Kim J March 29, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I personally love the game and want it back for more episodes. I want to know what happens to Malik and his girlfriend. When is Tasha gonna find somebody to marry her? When is Kelly coming back? etc. etc to many questions to be answered…looking forward to another season of the game.

Toni W March 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I think the Game has had some great episodes and I hope this is not the end of the show already. We should have new shows coming this Fall.

Eric Hartley March 29, 2011 at 7:05 am

“The Game” is the best comedic soap opera ever (if you can call it that). This laugh-riot of a soap opera deserves another season or four because it is that damn good (as World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Triple H says.). So, yeah, this TV series has met and exceeded my expectations. Thanks BET for reincarnating “The Game”!

Tha Critic March 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm

It wasn’t bad. Just wish it wasn’t as serious this time around. But it’ll be back.