The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

791 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. bobbie says

Of course, a show that we like. Season end with a cliffhanger, not renewed. Cant they at least give us a 90 minute closing show to tie up loose ends. Who shot Jim? Callies ex Mother in Law? Her ex husband? someone from the past? Does Jim die, ie end of series…

Come on A& E give the Glades at least one more extended show… give us closure.

2. Becky says

I completely disagree with this show being cancelled. My family looked forward to taking time and watching this together. The characters each have great chemistry with each other as well as so many possibilities for future episodes. It would have been nice/appreciated to at least wrap things up to give some closure. However, since that didn’t happen, it gives FOX or A&E a great window off opportunity to come up with future episodes. The biggest challenge-both networks, seem to really like and think “Reality TV” is the end all be all, instead of scripted, written shows with talented ACTORS. Best wishes to all the people involved with The Glades!

3. De says

Fox produced the show, why don’t they pick it up? I am astonished they would leave all these fans without any kind of conclusion.

4. Sharon says

I am so upset with A&E for cancelling “The Glades”! It’s so hard to find any good shows worth watching when there is so much crap on TV these days, and you decide to just cancel??? Why would I want to watch any shows on A&E now? you’ll just cancel them too! Viewers should cancel A&E!

5. Cj Hinton says

I am deeply upset they have cancelled The Glades. This was one of my favorite shows. And to cancel it on a cliffhanger like they did??? Just wrong. Come on A&E get a clue and at least give us a finish. One less fan of A&E’s.

6. chip says

can not belive they canclled the glades I loved the show I hate a&e the get agood show and the cancle it I hate all the ghost shows

7. Anonymous says

I am so mad to find out they did not renew the glades for a fifth season. I loved watching this show each week. The way they ended it at season 4 does not finish the story of Jim and Callie and I would like to see where everything went in their lives.. Please bring it back..

• says

You tell them. I’m trying to find everyone I can who watch the Glades to write it. Just how much trashing of A & E have to take before they bring it back? I am just livid at the cancelation of the show.

8. Hope says

I am so upset that The Glades has been cancelled! Our family has loved the show since day one. At least they could have ended it with closure! A&E is not on my list of favs. I. Hope another network sees the value and picks up the wonderful show!

9. Marsha Church says

I can’t believe you canceled The Glades. I am sick of your stupid ghost stories. A @ E really stinks. I quit watching it some time ago.

10. says

I have been waiting in suspense since the last episode. I’ve been a follower since starter. How can you leave open ends like that, much less cancel such a great cast and show. I’ve about had it with A& E. You’ve given up on Ryan Buehl. All the psychic stuff and ghost stuff. There isn’t much more of interest expect The Glades, which I love. It matches any cop show going right now, with a little humor along the way to keep it on it’s toe’s. You cancel this, and I cancel you. I know only one more viewer.