The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Frustrated February 4, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Why? Loved the show.

bobbie January 30, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Of course, a show that we like. Season end with a cliffhanger, not renewed. Cant they at least give us a 90 minute closing show to tie up loose ends. Who shot Jim? Callies ex Mother in Law? Her ex husband? someone from the past? Does Jim die, ie end of series…

Come on A& E give the Glades at least one more extended show… give us closure.

JFox January 30, 2014 at 8:10 pm

bobbie….think the way A & E simply dumped their viewers shows total contempt for those who have supported it in the past.

Becky January 29, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I completely disagree with this show being cancelled. My family looked forward to taking time and watching this together. The characters each have great chemistry with each other as well as so many possibilities for future episodes. It would have been nice/appreciated to at least wrap things up to give some closure. However, since that didn’t happen, it gives FOX or A&E a great window off opportunity to come up with future episodes. The biggest challenge-both networks, seem to really like and think “Reality TV” is the end all be all, instead of scripted, written shows with talented ACTORS. Best wishes to all the people involved with The Glades!

De January 27, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Fox produced the show, why don’t they pick it up? I am astonished they would leave all these fans without any kind of conclusion.

JFox January 27, 2014 at 6:15 pm

One would think it would be a no brainer for FOX to pick up the series. A built in audience and lots of backlash toward A & E.

marsha rodriguez January 27, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Hey, that’s a GREAT IDEA! Maybe we all need to contact FOX and put that bug in their ear and they will pick it up.

Anonymous January 26, 2014 at 8:59 pm

REALLY THATS HOW THEY LEFT ALL THE VIEWERS COME ON A&E IM DONE WITH THIS CHANNEL…

Sharon January 25, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I am so upset with A&E for cancelling “The Glades”! It’s so hard to find any good shows worth watching when there is so much crap on TV these days, and you decide to just cancel??? Why would I want to watch any shows on A&E now? you’ll just cancel them too! Viewers should cancel A&E!

Judy January 22, 2014 at 9:03 pm

The glades should not have been canceled it was a better show than longmire.

Cj Hinton January 22, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I am deeply upset they have cancelled The Glades. This was one of my favorite shows. And to cancel it on a cliffhanger like they did??? Just wrong. Come on A&E get a clue and at least give us a finish. One less fan of A&E’s.

Curly January 19, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Samhill, Glades is a really good show an it would be very interesting who shot Jim an will
they get married?

chip January 19, 2014 at 10:30 pm

can not belive they canclled the glades I loved the show I hate a&e the get agood show and the cancle it I hate all the ghost shows

Anonymous January 19, 2014 at 10:01 am

I am so mad to find out they did not renew the glades for a fifth season. I loved watching this show each week. The way they ended it at season 4 does not finish the story of Jim and Callie and I would like to see where everything went in their lives.. Please bring it back..

marsha January 20, 2014 at 11:50 pm

You tell them. I’m trying to find everyone I can who watch the Glades to write it. Just how much trashing of A & E have to take before they bring it back? I am just livid at the cancelation of the show.

JFox January 21, 2014 at 4:30 pm

With ya 100% Marsha. A & E simply doesn’t give a damn about loyalty or long time viewers. Only $$$$.

Hope January 16, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I am so upset that The Glades has been cancelled! Our family has loved the show since day one. At least they could have ended it with closure! A&E is not on my list of favs. I. Hope another network sees the value and picks up the wonderful show!

Marsha Church January 16, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I can’t believe you canceled The Glades. I am sick of your stupid ghost stories. A @ E really stinks. I quit watching it some time ago.

Teddy January 15, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I have been waiting in suspense since the last episode. I’ve been a follower since starter. How can you leave open ends like that, much less cancel such a great cast and show. I’ve about had it with A& E. You’ve given up on Ryan Buehl. All the psychic stuff and ghost stuff. There isn’t much more of interest expect The Glades, which I love. It matches any cop show going right now, with a little humor along the way to keep it on it’s toe’s. You cancel this, and I cancel you. I know only one more viewer.

Argeebee January 15, 2014 at 5:12 pm

This show should not be cancelled. There are too many fans and too many loose ends that need to be tied up.