The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Dee May 19, 2014 at 6:00 am

I was so disappointed to find out the Glades was NOT coming back…if nothing more than to have some type of finish!!! I don’t think I’ll ever start anything on that channel again if this is how they end their shows. If they knew it might now come back, they should have just had them marry and that be the end of it! Yes, A & E is for sure off my list of channels to watch.

Joyce May 17, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Please renew The Glades I love that show.I have watched it from the beginning it will be a shame to cancel an awesome show. i have been waiting and waiting to see what happens to Jim!!

Nancy May 17, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Please bring back the glades. I have watched all four seasons and was very surprised that it was cancelled. You can’t leave over 3 million people hanging. We need to know what happened to Jim.

BJ May 16, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Please bring back Glades so it can end right; not leaving us hanging; is there a wedding or is the groom left to die on the floor. When so many people spend years watching a series at least give us a decent ending one way or another…

Santa Claus May 10, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I can’t believe I finally got interested in a show and they have the audacity to cancel it. You know what happens when you tick off Santa. You don’t have a very good Christmas. Pity your ratings for the next season. Bring back Glades and I’ll redeem your ratings.
Santa & Mrs. Claus

Wanda May 5, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Renew it. I love The Glades. find another station to take over. I got to find out who shot Jim. To cancel it was very stupid A&E.

Anonymous May 2, 2014 at 8:44 am

This was one Of The Best crime drama shows and now it isnt coming Back in which is Crazy!!! Instead Stupid Reality garbage gets to stay on. Am upset how ending happened And now Am left hanging wondering If Jim died Or If he didnt. It one Of main characters had to be killed why Jim? He was marrying Callie finally! Really Am disappointed! Please bring this show Back And witj Jim alive! He made The show!

Anonymous May 2, 2014 at 8:36 am

I loved this show. I cant believe it has Been cancelled And Am left with The ridiculous ending Of seAson 4 Where Jim was shot instead Of being happily married With callie! They should At least make a movie for what happened After he was shot Or At least one more episode ! This was Such a Great show!!!

annonymous May 1, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Love THE GLADES! Cant believe its not coming back. Should at least give us an “ending” movie special.

Anonymous May 1, 2014 at 12:58 am

Love the Glades. It has to come back

Robin April 29, 2014 at 1:46 am

The glades has to come back. There are so many more layers to this series. Keep it going!!!!

loretta April 27, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Really how can you even begin to think about cancelling this show. The fans deserve better. Bring it back!!!!!!!!

Lynn Brown April 22, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I love the Glades. I started watching it on my kindle and bought the 3rd and 4th season so I could watch it at the gym. With all the reality shows it is refreshing to see a great cop show like the Glades. I love all the characters and I don’t want to see it cancelled. Please A&E rethink your decision.

jody April 22, 2014 at 11:05 am

I cant’t believe a network would leave a show with such an ending. Will rethink AETV. Lots of other networks. And you renewed That Longmire???? That show Sufis.

Bonni April 22, 2014 at 12:55 am

I can’t believe Glades is not coming back. I am very disappointed and highly annoyed. What a horrible way to treat the millions of us that did watch the show. Seems like it should have been figured out before you left the main character shot and bleeding on the floor. Just stupid, A&E.