The Mob Doctor: Cancelled Yet?

mob doctor cancelled yetThough many pegged The Mob Doctor as the show most likely to be cancelled first, FOX still hasn’t officially lowered the boom. Perhaps they didn’t want a repeat of all the flack they got from quickly cancelling Lone Star two years ago.

Despite terrible ratings, the network hasn’t cut Mob Doctor’s 13 episode order or pull it off the air (versus CBS’ Partners and Made in Jersey).

Still, that’s no reason to believe that the show hasn’t essentially been cancelled. The network hasn’t ordered any additional episodes and there’s no spot for it on the mid-season schedule. With such low ratings, there’s no way that the network would put lots of marketing cash behind an effort to relaunch the show nine months later, for the 2013-14 season.

FOX has now announced that they’ll be airing (burning off) two episodes on Saturday nights in early January. Rather than let the remainder installments gather dust on the shelf, FOX is at least letting fans of the show see all of the episodes. Not as many people watch series television during late December and early January anyway so they aren’t exactly making a big sacrifice.

According to The Futon Critic, here’s how the final episodes will air:
Episode 9 – Monday, December 3 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 10 – Saturday, December 29 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 11 – Monday, December 31 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 12 – Saturday, January 5 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 13 – Monday, January 7 at 9:00/8:0

Since Mob Doctor has essentially been doomed from the beginning because of low ratings, the producers will give viewers some closure by the season/series finale.

What do you think? Do you think the last episode will give viewers some closure? How would you like to see the story end?

Leslie January 3, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Please don’t cancel, love this show!!! I don’t understand the low ratings? Maybe they needed to promote it more? The characters are terrific, looked forward to each weeks episode.. Hate to see it coming to an end! Would LOVE to have it come back for another season..

Brittany Gambino January 1, 2013 at 8:08 pm

There needs to be another season! Love the show/characters! Finally there is a good medical drama on TV! It should be given another chance!

Lisa Dosier January 1, 2013 at 1:46 pm

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL!!!!! LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

BELLA December 30, 2012 at 1:01 pm

AS BEING PART OF THE CAST AND CREW OF THIS SHOW…. IT IS AN INCREDIBLE SCRIPT, WITH AN AMAZING CAST AND CREW….. IT GETS BETTER EVERY EPISODE AND IS 100% MORE INTERESTING THAN THE SHOWS THAT NETWORKS ACTUALLY KEEP ON THE AIR, THAT REQUIRE NO TALENT WHATSOEVER!

LOOK HOW MANY JOBS THIS SHOW PROVIDED IN CHICAGO FOX!!!

THERE IS NO REASON AT ALL THE SHOW WOULD NOT BE GIVEN SEVERAL MORE SEASONS! UNLESS IT IS POLITICAL REASONS IN FOX’S COMPANY…..HHHMMMM

Kristi Parson-Smith December 14, 2012 at 8:39 am

I really really like this show, I wish the powers that be would reconsider their decision to cancel the Mob Doctor. Why not give it one more season and see if it doesn’t pick up…. I think it’s a lot of fun and truly different than the normal cop or hospital dramas. If it has to go, then the end should go something like this: Grace works with Franco to help him find a way back in so they can gather evidence against all the mob parties in Chicago so they can finally put an end to organized crime in their fair city but Grace finds that she is struggling between her commitment to help Franco and her odd sense of loyalty to Grace. The closer they get, the harder it becomes for her, especially as she is also trying to look out for Nate. When it looks like they have finally found a way to catch them all, Grace finds out that the soft spot Constantine has for her is more than just loyalty to a friend and “associate”, Grace’s mother was involved with Constantine before she married Grace’s and Nate’s father and although Constantine was her one true love, she married their father because she believed he would provide them with a life NOT of crime but by the time their feisty mother could bring herself to walk away from the love of her life, she was already pregnant with Grace and even though her father loved and raised her as his own, he could never forgive his wife for her youthful indiscretion that led her to have Grace. Upon discovering the truth, Grace bails on Franco and the FBI, but not before confiding in Franco the truth of her paternity. When Franco realizes Grace is no longer willing to extricate herself from Constantine’s life, he considers the fate of Chicago if Constantine and the others are brought down. He has to admit, if another mob boss were to rise in place of the others, it could be a hell of a lot worse than if Constantine were to remain at the helm so he and Grace find a way to make sure their is no concrete evidence the FBI can use against Constantine, (as well as a few of the others maybe, like the madam (Jennifer Beals) and maybe you could have Constantine get back with Danielle (maybe, maybe not) and he could decide to try to walk to short and narrow for her, making it easier for Grace and Franco not to pursue a case against him. Idk, just a suggestion. The best of the best, keep it on the air. You could take this show in sooo many different directions.

Katelyn Baughman December 7, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Please dont cancel the show i love it and i look forward to watching it every monday please bring it bac.

Susan December 6, 2012 at 7:56 pm

PLEASE! PLEASE do NOT cancel the Mob Doctor… give it a chance and publicize it more… It is one of the best shows I’ve watched! We LOVE it! It is almost like watching the Soprano’s without the F bombs contantly! We love it!

Kate December 5, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Please don’t cancel The Mob Doctor!

Beth December 5, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I like the Mob Boss. Please keep it going.

Beth December 5, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I meant Mob Doctor, sorry. :)

Anonymous December 4, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I don’t want it to end! The show is great. I look forward to it on Mondays!!!!!!!

Anonymous December 4, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I think The Mob Doctor is great. I hate to see it come to a end. The thing that gets me is you watch a show and you get interested in it and then they take it off. ABC is good for that.

Iris December 19, 2012 at 2:04 am

You said it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except the show is on FOX, not ABC. STILL ticked with ABC though, for axing my Soaps, AND now 666 Park Av! I’m SO sick & tired of investing in shows, only to have them yanked off the air! I lost count of how many shows I’ve lost just this season alone!
I love The Mob Doctor also. Every time a show is axed, I think about all those umemployed actors & crews, and their families. It’s just SO sad! Gotta be a big blow to their egos also, because they’re all good actors, especially William Forsythe!

ND Mitchell December 4, 2012 at 10:02 am

I enjoy the MOB DOCTOR but if the show cannot be saved, then have a good series finale to wrap it all up for my sanity’s sake. I’ll be watching the remainder episodes…you can count on that!

lee lee December 4, 2012 at 12:34 am

I love the mob doctor I would be happy to see another season. It keeps you guessing whats coming next. Honestly I don’t know why it has such low ratings I mean if all these real house wife shows can stay on the air then I don’t know why their could not be another season of the Mob Doctor.

Nicky December 2, 2012 at 10:24 pm

All over the web you get these damn spam comments disguised as genuine comments all praising this stupid DISH hiphop, I will tell you this DISH grass hopper sucks, do not use it!! all your recordings will be lost!!!!!

admin December 3, 2012 at 7:51 am

They are quite annoying which is why I typically delete them or edit out the spammy part. I missed this one so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

JJ Goode December 2, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I’ve had mixed emotions for The Mob Doctor. I know plenty of my friends that work with me liked Spiro in My Boys, but we think that her role her isn’t quite the right fit. Cheers to the remaining episodes; I’m sure FOX will bounce back with something worth watching.