The Nate Berkus Show: Cancelled; No Season Three

The Nate ShowOprah Winfrey’s favorite interior designer, Nate Berkus, will soon be available for other projects. His daytime talk series, The Nate Berkus Show, has been cancelled after two seasons on the air.

The decorating series — often referred to as The Nate Show — debuted September 13, 2010 in syndication. Despite having a loyal following, the Berkus show didn’t catch on with a big enough audience. It’s been averaging about 1.4 million viewers this season. New episodes will continue to be produced and air until the end of this season but there won’t be a third.

In a join statement, Sony Pictures Television and Harpo Studios said, “After careful consideration, we have decided that The Nate Berkus Show will not return for a third season in the fall… We are grateful for the hard work and heart that Nate, [executive producer] Corin Nelson and their entire team have poured into the show, and we’re very proud of what they’ve delivered.”

Berkus said, “I’m incredibly proud of my hard working and talented staff, and proud of the show we were able to produce every day.”

The cancellation doesn’t come as a big surprise, especially given the ratings and the show’s expense. The peacock network initially signed a three year deal with Sony for the Berkus Show but recently made deals for new daytime talk shows from Steve Harvey and Jeff Probst. Given the limited number of daytime time slots, that move didn’t seem to leave any room for The Nate Berkus Show.

In some markets, Berkus filled the timeslot left vacant by The Bonnie Hunt Show, a program that was also dropped after two seasons in 2010.

What do you think? Will you miss Nate Berkus’ program? Should it continue on Winfrey’s OWN network?

B September 18, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I really enjoyed his show. Why would they cancel such a wealth of information?

gail September 17, 2012 at 10:30 am

I am so disappointed!!!!! I looked forward to watching his show whenever I can!!!!!! I am so sick of all these talk shows that talk about the same stuff and so much of it is trash or subjects that don’t accomplish anything! I am tired of hearing about all the stars and the wanna bees and their problems! Nate’s show shared his creativity with all of us, giving us ideas, as well as courage and confidence to to make our everyday events special and personal! This was a HUGE mistake in my opinion to drop his show and just add yet another ridiculous talk show!!!!!

JANICE September 15, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I turned on to watch Nate on Friday and saw ANOTHER mindless comedian on and I can assure you NBC just lost me completely! Nate was the ONLY show on NBC I watched!

Just because the executives in New York think the Atlantic coast is directly joined to the Pacific coast, HELLO, there are MANY of us who actually have televisions in between these coasts! It is just that we have N ever B een C onsidered!

So long, NBC!

David September 14, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I cannot believe a show so informative for everyday people has been cancelled. The information was easy to translate to everyday life. It was clean and made sense. It would be better if they had taken the reality shows and put them late at night and left Nate during prime time. It was a program that even children could watch and learn from. It was doomed when it was moved to late night and no one could find it. No wonder it did not get the ratings. The OWN network should pick it up and put it on at a time of day for people to find and watch it.

Carol Jenson September 13, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I am a senior lady and watched Nate every morning at 10AM. I will miss his show, as will my friends. We have Basic Cable available to us, which does not include OWN!. It would cost extra for that service and many people cannot afford the extra expense.
I have always felt that OWN ratings are not as expected, because many loyal viewers of the Oprah show could no longer watch her. when she created OWN.
I ofen wonder, if Oprah is aware of this, as she is such a caring person.

Hopefully Nate will be on OWN as he, however for peopl

Christina September 13, 2012 at 9:17 am

PLEASE bring back the Nate Berkus show …..I enjoyed his creative insight and beautiful tranformations. Plus he is adorable to look at :) !!!! Hey OPRAH I’m sure you have a spot for him !!!!

Sher September 13, 2012 at 9:07 am

I really enjoyed the Nate Berkus Show. Please bring it back !!!

la mouche September 12, 2012 at 10:49 am

I am SO missing the Nat Berkus show!!! Saw the opening of the Steve Harvey show……….MY TV will definitally be shut-off at the 10:00am slot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne Stewart September 11, 2012 at 10:01 am

Hi, I am very disappointed that The Nate Berkus Show has been cancelled. I enjoyed it very much. I think that it had a good variety of content and he was thoroughly involved in each segment and really seemed to appreciate his guests and his audience input. I cannot understand why he would be replaced with Steve Harvey who I believe to be incredibly annoying to watch. As for the OWN network taking on his show, I can only imagine that this would add to the viewership of the network. Unfortunately, I am often disappointed with the somewhat unprofessional and dull shows that the network does air. I am bored with the Anna and Krystina cooking shows as well as some of the other choices that are redundant in nature and content. I would love to continue to watch Nate Berkus on the OWN network. Not just because he is very personable, but because he also brings knowledge, humility and a wonderful positive energy to the viewers that is contagious.

Janice Ellsworth September 10, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I loved the Nate Show—I learned so much from it. I do not have cable or dish etc. so can only watch on network or PBS—–please reconsider. That way—everyone can watch him.

Sharon Larocque September 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm

You can’t do this to us! Mr. Berkus has a great show. Let it live on TV and not on Oprah TV where many of us cannot watch it!

Let The Nate Berkus Show live!!!

Deb Faut September 10, 2012 at 12:15 pm

OMG,my friends and I here in Kona are already having Nate withdrawals…Please bring him back! Loved everything about his show, especially his “House Proud” segments.
Aloha Nate, we all miss you and hopefully OWN will pick you up?!?

Catherine September 10, 2012 at 11:52 am

I am going to miss the Nate Show very much. I have received much inspiration from all the segments of his show and have re-created many of the projects demonstrated. It was extremely encouraging for the average at home person, to be able to have these accomplishments and Nate is such a down to earth man. I am very disappointed to learn this morning that the show has been cancelled. It leaves a big void in the Do It Yourself lifestyle.

Ruth September 10, 2012 at 10:33 am

I will definitely miss the show. Oprah have him on your network. This was my favorite show. Such a variety of good ideas for home, recipes and fashion. I am deeply diappointed that it is ot returning.

C. Leslie September 10, 2012 at 10:26 am

So sad the Nate Buekus show has been cancelled. It was an enjoyable show that any age can watch . Unlike far to many of the shows on TV now. I made it a point to watch every day I could. Even my 7 year old Great grandaughter liked it. Take off the crime shows and keep the ones that are safe for all to watch.