The Secret Circle

Secret Circle tv showNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 22 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 15, 2011 — May 10, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Gale Harold, Phoebe Tonkin, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Shelly Hennig, Louis Hunter, Ashley Crow, and Natasha Henstridge.

current TV show

TV show description:
This fantasy TV series is based on the book series by L.J. Smith (author of The Vampire Diaries books).

Cassie Blake (Britt Robertson) was a happy, normal teenage girl — until her mother Amelia died in what appeared to be an accidental fire. Orphaned and in mourning, Cassie moves to the beautiful small town of Chance Harbor, Washington to live with her warm and loving grandmother, Jane (Ashley Crow). It’s the town where her mother grew up and then left so many years before. It’s a place where the residents seem to know more about Cassie than she even knows about herself.

At high school, Cassie connects with a number of classmates; sweet-natured Diana Meade (Shelly Hennig) and her handsome boyfriend, Adam Conant (Thomas Dekker); brooding loner Nick (Louis Hunter); as well as mean-girl Faye Chamberlain (Phoebe Tonkin) and her sidekick, Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy). Soon, strange and frightening things begin to happen.

Cassie’s new friends explain that they are all descended from a line of powerful witches. They’ve been waiting for Cassie to join them and complete a new generation of the Secret Circle. Cassie refuses to believe them until Adam shows her how to unlock her incredible magical powers. Things become truly clear when, in her mother’s childhood bedroom, Cassie discovers a message from her deceased mother in an old leather-bound book of spells. It’s then that Cassie understands her true and dangerous destiny.

What Cassie and the others don’t yet know is that darker powers are at play. There are powers that might be linked to the adults in the town — including Diana’s father, Charles Meade (Gale Harold), and Faye’s mother, Dawn Chamberlain (Natasha Henstridge). It’s also revealed that Cassie’s mother’s death might not have been an accident.

Series Finale

Episode 22 — Witness
Jake returns to Chance Harbor to warn Cassie that, unless they find out how her father was killed in the boat fire 16 years ago, she’ll meet with the same death. He suggests an extremely dangerous method to finally uncover what happened on that fateful day, but Adam and Diana suspect he has ulterior motives. In an effort to usurp the other, both Charles and Dawn try to get Ethan on board as an ally. Faye gets trapped in a dangerous situation when one of Lee’s friends, Callum stops by the shop.
First aired: May 10, 2012.

space

Anonymous April 27, 2013 at 10:08 am

They used to much money on season one that they didn’t have anymore money that the main reason it cancelled
They most stupidest thing thata happened was they put it on a mini “thread” to see if any other channels would grab it but no
Phoebe Tonkins is now on Vampire Dairies and she may become a regular character
You go Phoebe :)

CC April 14, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Please bring this show back.

lorena April 9, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I really love this show hope you guys put it back on ..

Miyana March 24, 2013 at 9:30 pm

This was the closest show about witch craft after Charmed! Charmed was a great show, and this was kind of like a revival for me. :( It could have been brought back.

Ronald January 13, 2013 at 5:53 pm

The Should do second season on SyFy or CW this was alot better show than alot these others… So I would Vote Give “The Secret Circle” a 2nd Season

hannah January 13, 2013 at 2:31 am

what is wrong with these people>
why did they cancel it??????????????!!!!!!!!!!

cynthia November 11, 2012 at 2:58 am

I just finished watching the whole series on netflix it had a good storyline it should never have been cancelled and as another writer said it may have been better on SYFY. I hope they give it another chance I enjoyed it

Sheila I. March 16, 2013 at 3:21 am

I agree with you on this. I just came across this tv series toward the end of December 2012 and saw the old episodes on the Chiller channel, and the story line was the most flowing and interesting of story telling that I’ve ever come across. I wish that they would bring the series back. The story was well written.

AshMSE November 3, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I have to agree with all the previous comments. Even though my friends and I are no longer in high school anymore, we all got together to watch this on netflix. It is rather disappointing that CW did not think better about the release of this show, as the majority of shows they did decide to keep are ones none of my friends or I ever bother watching. So if there is anyone with any influence reading these comments, talk to someone about this show, as the books are a huge hit, so maybe with a little more thought put into the marketing and scheduling this could be a success.

Connie November 1, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Netflix has opened my eyes to this amazing show. I do not get to watch much night time t.v. but when I have a little time I look on Netflix and got hooked on The Secret Circle. I am very disapponted to see that it has been cancelled. I really enjoyed this show.

Bring it back or at least take out the suspense of the drama. End it properly.

kayla November 1, 2012 at 10:27 am

Whyyy would you QUIT on this amazing show u need to put it on at a different time and make an add to tell people when this show os going to be playing!frst season and then i found out that there wasent a 2od season!! PLEASSSEEEEEEEEE im begging u make a 2od then 3rd then 4th the 5th d on and on and on PLEASSSEEE i love this showw

Kristi October 26, 2012 at 6:50 am

We just got done watching the entire 1st series of the show on Netflix. To be honest we are reather ticked to have found out that there will not be a second season. I beg you, as well as a lot of other people, to please bring back the show. I know we all fell in love with the show and are truly curious as to what would be happening next. Even if you have to put the series on at 10pm after the other shows or put it on another station. Just please bring it back. We would all be very grateful if you did.

Maricela October 20, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Please bring back The Secret Circle, it was an amazing show. I also agree that the scheduling should have been different since other popular shows where on that same time and day. Please though, continue the show.

mikaela October 5, 2012 at 12:56 pm

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i love this show plzzz bring it back. its my fav.

natasha October 4, 2012 at 10:53 am

u really ned to bring this show back u made a very bad choice by cancelling the sho i liked the cast and the story line made hade you put it @ a different time or day then you could have seen the ratings go higher but overall the show was awesome and it should come backeven if its not on cw someone should pick it up a good thing just gone to waste .

Cindy September 30, 2012 at 8:36 am

I just watched the whole series of The Secret Circle on Netflix and it really is an awesome show. I never watched it while it was on CW, bc on Thurs nights, I have a habit watching comedies on NBC. I think it was poor planning to schedule this show in its 1st season against heavy competition with other shows that were well-established. I’ve become a huge fan of the show and it’s so unfortunate it was canceled. The cast was great, the storyline kept me interested, and the sets and cinematography seemed to be more advanced than what is usually on CW. The Secret Circle would have been better suited on Syfy. CW made a really bad decision ending the show so soon, bc it would have been very successful and popular.