The White Queen: Starz Considering Sequel Series

the white queen season 2At today’s Starz portion of the TCA Winter Press Tour, CEO Chris Albrecht said that the cable channel is considering a sequel to The White QueenThe White Princess.

According to Deadline, he said, “We’re working with [The White Queen screenwriter] Emma Frost on the stories… We will not have BBC as part of it. We are interested, if the stars align, in a sequel to The White Queen.

The limited series apparently performed well for Starz but was less successful for the BBC which co-produced. The latter has decided not to continue with the property.

Like the original series, The White Princess would be based on the book by historical novelist Philippa Gregory.

What do you think? Did you like The White Queen? Would you like to see a sequel?

Shantina H. January 22, 2015 at 8:38 pm

I Love this show so much it is beyond words this show is so good it must have a sequel.

Russell Roma January 22, 2015 at 8:24 am

What is the difference between continuation of the series and a sequel? Please continue with the series anyway. I am sure that I am not the only one who has put this together, but perhaps we can make a major series by combining such movies, starting with the “The White Queen” series leading into the “The Tutor” series, continuing with “Elizabeth” w/Blanchett, to finally, “Elizabeth I” w/Mirren. Hopefully I got the queens in the correct chronological order because it all comes down to the Queen.

Russell Roma January 22, 2015 at 8:20 am

What is the difference between continuation of the series and a sequel? Please continue with the series anyway. I am sure that I am not the only one who has put this together, but perhaps we can make a major series by combining such movies, starting with the “The White Queen” series leading into the “The Tutor” series, continuing with “Elizabeth” w/Blanchett, to finally, “Elizabeth I” w/Mirren. Hopefully I got the queens in the correct chronological right order because it all comes down to the Queen.

H. T. Spohn January 21, 2015 at 1:57 am

OMG!!! Yes bring back the White Queen and finish Phillipa Gregory’s book.
What are you knuckleheads thinking, finish what you start!!!!!!!!!

Misty January 18, 2015 at 6:15 pm

I LOVED The White Queen!!! Please bring it back.

Pat Warner January 12, 2015 at 2:50 pm

YES PLEASE RETURN To the WHITE QUEEN have been waiting for LONG time since last episode aired on STARZ!!!

I LOVED THE SHOW AND CHARACTERS!!! PLEASE BRING BACK

Bobbi January 11, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Love love loved this show. Bought the 1st series and now want to see more.