Wilfred: Ending with Season Four on FXX

FX season two ratings for WilfredIt’s been announced that Wilfred has been renewed for a fourth but final season. The FX comedy will be moving to FXX for its final run of 10 episodes (the show’s smallest season).

Based on an Australian series of the same name, Wilfred revolves around the relationship of Ryan Newman (Elijah Wood) and his neighbor’s dog, Wilfred (Jason Gann). Their relationship is unique in that Ryan sees Wilfred as man in a dog suit and the two have ongoing conversations. Fiona Gubelmann and Dorian Brown also star.

Wilfred’s ratings have been in decline since its first season which attracted an average of 1.47 million viewers. Season two brought in 1.11 million and season three, which finished airing last month, dropped to an average of 590,000.

Season four, which will be the show’s final run, will air on new channel FXX sometime in 2014. Because the cast and crew know that the series is ending, they’ll have time to give the show a proper series finale.

What do you think? Are you glad that Wilfred is returning? Will you miss it? Do you think they should make season five?

Ron April 14, 2014 at 12:33 am

In this day and age where so many shows don’t have a proper ending, I am glad that they knew of the final season in advance. They can wrap up the story properly which is what I was hoping for.

Shawn February 27, 2014 at 11:47 am

I’m a little devastated about this show being cancelled. This is such a good show, so original.

Nicky Ferrante February 8, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I am honestly so bummed out. I cant believe that this show is getting canceled! There needs to be a revolt. If futurama could come back like 3 times than wilfred can do it. FANS UNITE!!!!! LETS GET THIS SHOW BACK ON THE AIR FOR A SEASON 5!!!!!

Ryan January 31, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Why cut this show this show is awesome ! And hilarious I think I should have at least 5-6 seasons to create a longer and more in depth story line both great actors and great morals and it’s a roller coaster ride I look forward to and I would like to see it continued for at least 2 more seasons I hope they see how much people like this show and bring it back when they see their ratings drop and the reason no one sees this show is because it’s on fx or Fxx if you had this on prime time regular television you would have people going nuts for it and its so much better than Louie by a landslide along with whatever lame shows this show actually makes me hang on the edge of my seat, the first episode hooked me in instantly and when season one ended I got up went to hmv and bought season two so I think they should realize this show has potential !

kara January 17, 2014 at 2:04 am

This breaks my heart

Smith Smith October 19, 2013 at 8:38 am

I’m glad it’s ending. It’s kinda like “How I Met Your Mother.” You get halfway through the series, and start hating it, but you have to know how it ends, so you keep watching.

MrFurious October 18, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I like the show, but it’s time to end it. It’s good that they know that this will be the last season and can wrap it up. I’m all for shows ending when they’re still good instead of dragging on and on and on for over a decade, so I think this is very good news.

Jennifer October 3, 2013 at 2:30 am

This is a bittersweet thing for me. I have enjoyed the past three seasons of Wilfred and am very happy to see it will be given a fourth. On the other hand, it’s sad that the fourth will be the end of it. I enjoyed the Australian version but think that the US is much better. Wilfred and the characters around him are much more engaging. There have been a few US episodes that I haven’t loved but, overall, I’ve greatly enjoyed the series. I’ll miss it when it’s gone but will savor that last season. It’s wonderful of Fox to let the cast and writers know ahead of time so they can properly close out the series rather than leaving things up in the air and leaving fans with unanswered questions.