Work It: Sitcom Cancelled, Cougar Town Return Impending

Work It canceledIt looks like the cross-dressing guys of Work It are out of work again.  ABC has cancelled the new sitcom, pulling it from the schedule after just two episodes.

Work It revolves around a pair of unemployed guys — Lee Standish (Ben Koldyke) and Angel Ortiz (Amaury Nolasco) — who get jobs at a pharmaceuticals company when they apply dressed as women. The cast also includes Beth Lacke, John Caparulo, Rebecca Mader, Rochelle Aytes, Kate Reinders, Kirstin Eggers, and Hannah Sullivan.

The first episode of Work It, attracted a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.16 million total viewers.  When compared to the debut of already-canned Man Up!, ABC was down by 17% in the ratings.

This week’s installment dropped like a rock, down 20% to a 1.6 in the demo with only 5.1 million.

ABC pulled Man Up! after the sitcom posted similar numbers and now they’ve yanked Work It, effective immediately. Repeats of Last Man Standing will fill the timeslot for the remainder of the month. The unaired episodes of Work It may surface over the summer.

Cougar Town fans are hoping that their sitcom will return sooner than expected. Series co-creator Bill Lawrence tweeted that he’s  ”hoping CT’s premiere date will be announced Tuesday.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Work It has been cancelled? Do you think the show’s as bad as everybody says?

amachi February 12, 2014 at 2:51 am

I have a love hate relationship with this show. It did start to get funny further on however. This show just wouldn’t work in 2014, it seems too dated.

lezlie April 26, 2012 at 3:09 pm

work it was a very funny and interesting program. my husbnd watched it with me and told me later that he was sure he would hate but found it funny. i recorded both episodes and and am sorry that it left left the air. this is the only program i watched on this station.

passion March 18, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I truly enjoyed the show & thought the writers were great.I hate it was cancelled.

Sylvia February 9, 2012 at 1:15 am

I just finish watching it on a website, and I loved It! I Want it back!

Eden January 31, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I loved this show I think a lot of people hate because they are either close minded or Homophobes.

Rargran January 17, 2012 at 2:54 pm

This show was such a dawg. It wouldn’t have hit even with a American Idol lead in.

Coffeemarc January 17, 2012 at 11:47 am

I haven’t seen a show promo make me cringe as much as the one for Work It did. It was just soooooo amazingly not funny. I’ll give the show a chance and….argh! It’s as bad as the promo suggested. And one week after the mediocre premiere, ABC announced it as their new “hit” comedy. Wow, talk about spinning it…I think I guessed 3 episodes was it too. Two and out!

ABC, please start Cougar Town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, dumb name but awesome show!

Toni January 16, 2012 at 7:14 pm

When I saw the ads for this, I turned to my boyfriend and said it would be cancelled after 3 episodes. I guess 3 episodes was generous.

Coffeemarc January 17, 2012 at 11:52 am

Haha, 3 episodes was my guess too! The promo was amazingly bad. And ABC announced it as their new “hit comedy” after the first episode. What a spin!

Adam Decker January 18, 2012 at 11:32 am

I thought that it would be cancelled after just one episode, actually. But what I fail to understand is why it got to air when I’m sure other great pilots could have been made into good series instead.

Colin January 15, 2012 at 2:40 pm

hopefully they also fired whatever network exec green lit Work It to begin with

and whoever thought it was better than Man Up! which was a really good show

Rargran January 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

That guy’s fired, but he’ll just end up on another network or on cable. If he’s kissed enough ass he’ll get a development deal for next years pilot season.