24: Live Another Day: Ratings

24 Live Another Day ratingsAfter running for eighth seasons, FOX cancelled the 24 TV series due to declining ratings. Now, the characters are back for a “limited” series of 12 episodes. Will the ratings be good enough for the network to renew 24 for another season or will this be the end for Jack Bauer for good? Stay tuned!

24: Live Another Day: is set four years after the events of season eight and finds Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) in London, once again trying to prevent a global disaster. The rest of the cast includes Yvonne Strahovski, Tate Donovan, Mary Lynn Rajskub, William Devane, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Giles Matthey, Michael Wincott, Benjamin Bratt, and Kim Raver.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

Final season averages: 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.33 million total viewers.

For comparison: The last regular season of 24 averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.28 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the 24 TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled again or renewed for another season?

Sharon and Dave Hunter January 23, 2015 at 4:07 pm

There’s little satisfaction in watching TV these days with all of the alleged reality shows and stupid sit coms or 40 year old reruns over and over. PLEASE bring back 24 series to make at least one night a week enjoyable. This country needs Jack Bauer in SO many ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous April 2, 2015 at 4:32 pm

AMEN!

Allan April 2, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Is there anyone out there listening to us. It minds me of star trek. They canceled after three season and you know what happened after that .(trekies all over the place).

Jackson Rip Holmes April 5, 2015 at 2:09 am

Viva 24!

We need another season!

We need Jack Bauer to help us defeat ISIS!

Jackson Rip Holmes

allan April 6, 2015 at 6:39 pm

I can.t believe that no one is pleading to get the show back on the air. doesn’t anyone appreciate a great show, especially with so much garbage out there

Anonymous April 5, 2015 at 11:45 pm

I was glad to see 24back on tv, even though it was for a limited time. I really miss Jack. This was one show that kept you on your seat. I really wish they would consider bringing back the show for next season.

Djiane January 19, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Please bring 24 back, it is by doubt one of the most exciting, suspense filled show that I have seen in a long time. I watched it the entire 8 seasons it was on tv. However, I still watch the reruns now. Most of the show on tv now are reality shows that I care not to watch. I hope they are planning to bring back another series in 2015 and if not 2016.

Brenda Sitterson December 27, 2014 at 6:34 pm

My husband and I LOVE “24”. We think Keifer Southerland is wonderful as Jack Bauer! We saved the last 2 episodes of this past season and we are now watching them again 2 days after Christmas! Please keep this show on the air! We are ready for some new episodes!!

gary December 26, 2014 at 6:29 pm

24 is my favourite TV show of all time and the final episode of LAD ranks as one of my favourite episodes (Jack finally killed Cheng Zhi). So take Jack away from spending the rest of his life in a Russian prison and make more seasons please.

gary December 26, 2014 at 6:12 pm

24 is my favourite TV show of all time. And the final episode of Live Another Day ranks as one of my all-time favourite episodes (Jack Bauer FINALLY kills Cheng Zhi). Jack doesn’t deserve to spend the rest of his life locked up in a Russian prison, so please make more seasons.

12Read December 25, 2014 at 7:45 am

Keep this show on air. I love it! It’s just as good as it was the first years. It would be a shame to see the studio cancel such a great show again!

allan December 25, 2014 at 8:05 am

I remember when star trek was canceled and it went on and became incredibly big making million and billions of dollar. There is an old saying, don’t fix something that is not broken. Great show that if canceled would be a great loss to all the fans of 24 and the TV station producing it. Long live the show that gives thrills and suspense to so many people across the country.

allan carter December 10, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Great writing, acting is wonderful. Tremendous action and always leaves you wanting more. my entire family are die heart fans as well as many of my friends. There are so few quality shows on tv and it would be almost criminal to take a quality show of this caliber off the air. WE are looking forward to a new season of such intrique and excitement. It’s far better than ice cream, whip cream and a cheery. Allan

FRED November 27, 2014 at 6:20 am

THIS I WOULD TRULY LOVE TO MAKE A COME BACK …. AND THE SOONER THE BETTER . .. I WATCHED THIS SHOW INTENTLY. .. WOULD NOT ANSWER PHONE OR TALK TO ANYONE WHEN IT WAS ON . ..

LET’S GET BUSY AND BRING THIS ONE BACK FOR SURE. . .

June November 26, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Do you think the time of year had anything to do with the drop in ratings? (even tho’ it’s hard to believe!) LOTS of people vacation, have company, etc. when it aired….
MISS JACK SO MUCH and the cast & storylines.