24: Live Another Day: Ratings

24 Live Another Day ratingsAfter running for eighth seasons, FOX cancelled the 24 TV series due to declining ratings. Now, the characters are back for a “limited” series of 12 episodes. Will the ratings be good enough for the network to renew 24 for another season or will this be the end for Jack Bauer for good? Stay tuned!

24: Live Another Day: is set four years after the events of season eight and finds Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) in London, once again trying to prevent a global disaster. The rest of the cast includes Yvonne Strahovski, Tate Donovan, Mary Lynn Rajskub, William Devane, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Giles Matthey, Michael Wincott, Benjamin Bratt, and Kim Raver.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

Final season averages: 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.33 million total viewers.

For comparison: The last regular season of 24 averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.28 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the 24 TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled again or renewed for another season?

Kris Ferretti July 23, 2014 at 6:46 pm

24 is the best show ever! I’m a huge fan, and was so excited to see its return! Please, please bring it back again for another season.

Jared July 23, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Please bring the show “24″ back to FOX!! I believe if it is not the best show, it’s one of the best shows on the network!! I look forward to more “24″ season shows…

Doug Elkins July 23, 2014 at 11:43 am

The best show made for television ever! More intense and dramatic than most first run movies. May be to intense and intellectual for most TV viewers today. So aligned with current events in the world today. Character actors due a fabulous job and most of them are very experienced high paid talent. Would love to see this show renewed since it is the only show I make a point to watch every week on a consistent basis. Most quality programming does not last however due to all of the mindless reality tv that is so popular with today’s tv viewers.

Lady Day July 23, 2014 at 3:57 am

Please bring it back. It was soon oops good I didn’t know I was watching the finale now I’m going through withdrawal. Knowing it’s in hold, pending review of the ratings. BRING IT BACK, PLEASE.

john b. July 22, 2014 at 8:46 am

cablevision

Breeze July 22, 2014 at 2:38 am

PLEEZEEEEEE, BRING IT BACK! ONLY DECENT SHOW WITHOUT FOUL, REPULSIVE LANGUAGE.

Patricia Huff July 22, 2014 at 12:27 am

I love 24! I definitely want another and another season! I love the edge of my seat suspense of the show. Like his father, Keifer is a seasoned professional. I feel his intensity every episode. I want more and more Jack! Kudos to the show’s writers. Where can I buy the just ended 2014 season?

Donna July 21, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Please bring Jack back! As well as his great team. Most exciting program on Monday nights. My husband and I have watched from the beginning, we will continue to watch as long as it stays on Tv. We also watch the reruns.

Donna July 21, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Best show in years STILL. I’m addicted and am upset it’s over. Contact me if there’s hope to bring it back

Dave July 21, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Loved it! Please renew for another season. Couldn’t wait to tune in each week and it went too fast.

Ken July 21, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I am completely addicted to 24.
Bring it back.