24: Live Another Day: Ratings

24 Live Another Day ratingsAfter running for eighth seasons, FOX cancelled the 24 TV series due to declining ratings. Now, the characters are back for a “limited” series of 12 episodes. Will the ratings be good enough for the network to renew 24 for another season or will this be the end for Jack Bauer for good? Stay tuned!

24: Live Another Day: is set four years after the events of season eight and finds Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) in London, once again trying to prevent a global disaster. The rest of the cast includes Yvonne Strahovski, Tate Donovan, Mary Lynn Rajskub, William Devane, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Giles Matthey, Michael Wincott, Benjamin Bratt, and Kim Raver.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

Final season averages: 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.33 million total viewers.

For comparison: The last regular season of 24 averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.28 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the 24 TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled again or renewed for another season?

jeff October 29, 2014 at 11:42 pm

best show ever…so many lame shows on fox…… they should keep this going…. the best one on any network…

Barry October 25, 2014 at 3:33 am

The best action series ever on commercial TV. The Fox network should have let it go on to CABLE. But then again the FOX news network is so lame and anti american that a series which actually promotes the love of our country would be against their core principles. After all “24” featured a competant, caring black president. Fox couldn’t have that- could they !

Lisa October 24, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I didn’t start watching 24 until re-runs began in segments of 3 hours. 3 fricken hours-YEEHAW! Anyhow, my mind was blown, & FOR those 3 hours the show was on, one could find me glued to the tv. I mean glued-whatever I was doing/playing on the www- waited. Or not. Whomever called…I’d pause long enough to tell ‘them’ I was still amongst the living & what in Gods’ name did they want? lol… Imagine- no ads….no distractions, no time to run to the ….well, you know. I had missed a couple segmented seasons or years due to familial issues so….I was at a loss again. Nothing online, as of yet, for me to catch up on, no upcoming re runs until …. there were! yay! Yet to add to my woes, ’24’ WAS on in re runs, set for 1hr but in all reality the show lasted 43-4 minutes with Ghost Hunters & or what have you on for the last few minutes. I considered my past options & decided I best be grateful w/what I could get! Give or take a couple repeated epi’s (subsequently ‘timed’ after another), I am in the midst of DAY 4, in the am, which I’d seen in part. Although I had seen some of the epi’s I am so thrilled that the show is on PERIOD that I often watch a show a couple times a day, because I CAN! I have to admit, with the past 3hour epi-blocks, many times it took me hours to calm down & get back to business. So I am here to raise my hand, if you will, to the POWERS THAT BE: I’m HEeerree ready & waiting for MoRe 24! I loved the oh-so-few epi’s of 24 Live another day but that was merely a tease. Please, oh wise one, please tell me it ain’t so- is 24 over & done with?
waiting, with baited breath (my cat, actually, he crept in with a mouse-tail sticking out of his mouth!) lol See I’m bored without Jack- (& The Following apparently isn’t coming back until March(2015), so it’s re runs, The walking Dead, &….castle ville :D

Betty Canar October 10, 2014 at 1:35 am

This is my first year watching this great show. We actually bought the entire series and watched it from the beginning. This last 12 episodes done this year was great and sorry you didn’t continue to 24 segments. My husband and I can’ wait until the continuation.
We hope you make the right decision for next year. This is a great series compared to some of the crap on TV and Keifer plays a perfect part.

Kevin October 6, 2014 at 7:09 am

24 is one of a few shows that keeps me interested from beginning to the end. Each episode keeps me on the edge of my seat. If they don’t continue the show I’m going to boycott the network….. lol

Anonymous October 6, 2014 at 7:04 am

I pray to the gods that 24 continues. Its one of a few shows that keeps me interested from being to end. Each episode im on the edge of my seat..if it doesn’t come back I’m going to boycott the network…. lol

Abhiram October 4, 2014 at 8:55 pm

This is by-far the best series I have or will ever see!! “THE ONLY ONE” series that could captivate you till you see the last episode …. Waiting eagerly for the next!!

There should’nt be a slightest doubt of renewing it!!

Ken Harding September 26, 2014 at 12:49 pm

24 is one of the best shows that I have ever seen. I want this show renewed! I want to tell you that Very Very many of my Personal and Professional friends are waiting patiently for 24 to return. I have introduced many others to this show. Several who initally did not view the originals are now going back and buying ever single episode starting from espisode One. I myslef did that after viewing one season. I assure you the following audiences are waiting for it’s return.

julian October 5, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I hope it gets renewed but it ended with the same rating as Dallas this year and it’s been cancelled

tim September 25, 2014 at 1:09 pm

This is a great show and would be disappointing if it is canceled. Bring on another season or even more.

marc September 22, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Do you really think your ratings are being based on the wrong time of the year seeing people are outside doing activities or even on holiday with their families.

marc September 22, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Finally a good show and you eliminate it – figures.

Kevin September 18, 2014 at 7:05 am

loved it wish the show would come back for good