ABC Family TV Show Ratings (updated 12/10/14)

ABC Family ratingsABC Family has had a couple very successful scripted shows — and a lot more of the less-successful kind. Which are your favorites? Which of the current TV series will be cancelled or renewed for another season? Stay tuned!

Scripted ABC Family shows listed: Baby Daddy, Chasing Life, The Fosters, Melissa & Joey, Mystery Girls, Pretty Little Liars, Ravenswood, Switched at Birth, Twisted, and Young & Hungry.

Updated with the latest ratings for Chasing Life, The Fosters, Pretty Little Liars, and Switched at Birth.

There’s a lot of data that ABC Family execs look at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are a major factor. Here’s an updated listing of all of their recent/current primetime scripted shows.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

You can see other networks’ rankings here:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | TNT

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released (usually a day or so after the broadcasts). The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

The demo numbers, which are typically most important to the broadcast networks, aren’t quite as vital to cable channels because their audiences are usually much smaller. Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

Lea October 22, 2014 at 11:43 pm

I love Rein,it is so good and exciting! Never a dull moment!I love all the Actors.I love the way they have put so much detail in the cloths castle.I love the way they intract with each other it keeps you wanting more and more I LOVE REIN!Im going to start telling al. Family and friends to watch!!I want it to be renewed another season!Maybe let more people here about it!All the money that has been put into this wonderful show !Try promoting it more! Please stay on the air I love it I can’t get enough of it

Linda Taylor September 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Please bring back Mystery Girls…it’s funny and refreshing. Love it.

Ashley August 29, 2014 at 4:45 am

Please renew young and hungry its one of my fav show on abc next to pretty little liars :-)

erin August 23, 2014 at 10:39 am

Young And Hungry Mystery Girls Meilssa And Joey Are great shows but they don’t fit in my schedule all because the cw network airs their shows on the same time while young and hungry mystery girls Meilssa and Joey or on they’re also on demand free by the network where I can watch them their I am the reasons why that the raitings are bad in the begining I didn’t like them but now just watching this makes me laugh

erin August 20, 2014 at 12:39 pm

P.Little Liars Switched at Birth The Fosters Chasing Life are my favorite shows on the abc family i am so happy that all three of them are renewed for more seasons i was hoping for ravenswood to return for a backorder and renewed for a second season i was so upset that they canceled ravenswood

Melissa & Joey Young & Hungry Mystery Girls would fit great over the weekend schedule so many more viewers can watch those shows

Linda Taylor September 11, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I like both shows, but my favorite is Mystery Girls. It’s a great family show.

william August 19, 2014 at 12:31 am

the fosters is a great show,please renewed

Hailey August 16, 2014 at 6:22 am

My favorite right now is Chasing Life. I went into the show didn’t expect anything but it was a pleasant surprise. It’s my highlight on Tuesday nights. I hope it will get renewed for a second season.

Sunflower August 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I agree and hope that ABC Family doesn’t run true to form by cancelling yet again a show that has so many fans.

Barbara martinez August 14, 2014 at 4:26 am

Top shows switched at birth young and hungry very funny melissa and Joey love love baby daddy….

Pennyp August 13, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Yes! I’m glad the finally gave this show the ax it deserved! Bye….Bye

Wendy August 13, 2014 at 9:34 am

Twisted should be cancelled. The ratings kept dropping, and it only ever did marginally well when it was airing right after PPL. It’s a waste of space, and I’m sure the young cast can get better work elsewhere. Mystery Girls should also go. It’s on the wrong network. For quality, in my opinion, The Foster and Chasing Life are the best. Baby Daddy and Melissa & Joey are good too.

Wendy August 13, 2014 at 9:36 am

*The Fosters

Anonymous August 13, 2014 at 1:41 am

I love most of the ABC FAM TV shows. They’re my guilty pleasure. Fosters, switched, chasing life, young and hungry and twisted. Hate that they’re broken up, season wise. Although I do like the fact that most will have holiday specials…..can’t wait! Hope all my faves get renewed!

Sunflower August 3, 2014 at 11:16 am

My favorite shows are The Fosters, Ravenswood and now Chasing Life. I think all three should remain – since the ratings on the network favorite PLL is faltering. Then what you will pull all shows and start again – I’m sure I will definitely stop tuning into this channel why bother.

Brandy August 9, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Ravenswood was cancelled a few months ago.I also like Fosters,Chasing Life

FRAN GIANNONE August 2, 2014 at 1:14 pm

LOVE SWITCHED AT BIRTH..STILL WAITING ON TWISTED SEASON 2

Stephanie August 22, 2014 at 10:01 pm

twisted was cancelled

Anonymous August 1, 2014 at 9:25 pm

My 6 favorite shows I think need to be renewed is Melissa and Joey, Babby’s Daddy, Switched At Birth, Chasing Liberty, and Mystery Girls. I love all these shows. But my top 3 favorites is Melissa and Joey, Baby’s Daddy and Switched At Birth. I hope and pray all these shows are renewed. Expecially my top favorite 3.

Rose August 2, 2014 at 8:12 am

To anonymous…. You said 6 and only listed 5….
I haven’t even heard of most of these shows so I don’t watch any of them!

Brandy August 9, 2014 at 12:14 pm

@Anonymous By Chasing Liberty do you mean Chasing Life?Chasing Liberty isn’t a tv show but I think it was a movie a few years ago.As for the others,MG ratings are really bad so it’ll most Likley be cancelled.Baby Daddy & M& J have been renewed for a fourth season.Switched at Birth -no word yet.
I also like Switched,M&J,Chasing Life.