ABC Family TV Show Ratings (updated 5/28/15)

ABC Family ratingsABC Family has had a couple very successful scripted shows — and a lot more of the less-successful kind. Which are your favorites? Which of the current TV series will be cancelled or renewed for another season? Stay tuned!

Scripted ABC Family shows listed: Baby Daddy, Chasing Life, The Fosters, Melissa & Joey, Mystery Girls, Pretty Little Liars, Ravenswood, Switched at Birth, Twisted, and Young & Hungry.

Updated with the latest ratings for Young & Hungry.

There’s a lot of data that ABC Family execs look at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are a major factor. Here’s an updated listing of all of their recent/current primetime scripted shows.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

You can see other networks’ rankings here:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | TNT

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released (usually a day or so after the broadcasts). The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

The demo numbers, which are typically most important to the broadcast networks, aren’t quite as vital to cable channels because their audiences are usually much smaller. Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

Canceled and renewed TV show

40 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Maite says

Both Twisted and Ravenswood were fabulous show, I was really disappointed with their cancellations. IMO, Ravenswood had a much better storyline than PLL.

2. hello says

Why are Ravenswood and Twisted still in the list? I mean when they aired, PLL was on season 4. It’s now on season 6…

• says

Because ABC Family has so few shows, I’ve left them on the list for comparisons. At some point, I’ll move them to an “archive” list but keep them on the same page.

3. Tiffany says

I’m watching twisted on hulu and I’m so in to it. I have never heard about this show until now. what is so upsetting that I won’t be able to see the second season. Something has to be done about this.

4. says

I watch all the ABC Family shows and love all of them. I am somewhat baffled that more people don’t watch. The sitcoms are the funniest and the dramas have fantastic plots. Also the shows have a social message that needs to be viewed and heard. Please, PEOPLE, watch these shows, I know you will love them as much as I do. These shows are must-see programming with the whole FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Anonymous says

Melissa and Joey isn’t being cancelled because the ratings are bad. It’s because the kids grew up and they got married so the original story doesn’t really make sense anymore.

6. JJ says

Why would they cancel Twisted,Ravenswood,& Melissa & Joey they had better ratings than Chasing Life & Switched @ Birth

• Brandy says

Twisted & Ravenswood did NOT have better ratings tan CL & SAB,not for ling.Neither of them Coukd keep half of PLLs audience,Twisted declined in rating all season going down to 0.3.ABCFamily seems to support CL.SAB is critically acclaimed and a will be at syndication numbers at the end of this fourth season,while Ravenswood & Twisted wre nowhere near it and wouldn’t made it to syndication. sAB is a in house production while Twisted & Ravenswwood might not have been( meaning ABCfsmily owns/produces SAB but not the others maybe) im not sure.As for M& J, it’s ratings have dropped and the sl is coming to a natural end with Mel & Joe,Joe not being a “many”& Lennox/Ryer are faults now.Also, it s speculated that Joe & Mel exspensive actors and the show will have enough episodes for syndication.

7. says

PRetty little LIars will not be seen in 2015,so instead,we may bring you some good moral judgements,godly family values and good role modles to kids ad teenagers on television

8. Doris Militello says

Wth ? Why is Melissa & Joey cancelled ?
    They’re viewers haven’t dropped nearly as much as “Baby Daddy ” & “Pretty Little Liars” & that’s renewed. Why aren’t these shows being dropped ??
    “Melissa & Joey” is an amazing show.
    Family friendly, hysterical, cute, sweet, the best characters ever, and tons more positive things to say.
    Come on, pick it back up ?!!!!!?!!!!
    It’s a great show & I’ve never missed an eppie since it started.
    Love everyone on the show.
    Cancel the shows whose numbers are really bad, not “Melissa & Joey!!!!”

• says

It’s basically I waste of time to complain to this network- I think they only want to please themselves. I see hundreds of comments a day to bring back Witches of East End but they are totally ignored – so will your comment regarding Melissa & Joey. Sorry but this network it now on my don’t view list – since they continually do this to their followers.

• Anonymous says

Melissa & Joey 18-49 demo had dropped to 0.4-05 from 0.5-0.6& it’s total Viewrs have dropped too to below a million Viewers.Itll have enough episodes for syndication and the sl has reached a natural conclusion with Joe not being a ” manny” anymore and Lennox & Ryder becoming adult & Mel & Joe being married.Those are three reasons it was cancelled.Plus,abcfamily is rebranding and wants older 20somethings watching & has two single camera comedies in devlopment.While I agree BD & Y& H have worse ratings, i suspect theyll be next to go & PLL is still the highest rated abcfamily show,though as you said,it’s ratings have dropped too but it’s been renewed for seasons six & seven.Im sad M& J is cancelled too,but let’s be grateful for the four seasons,104 or so episodes we got.

• Brandy says

M& J is being cancelled cause 1.its 18-49 demo has dropped from 0.5-0.6 to 0.4-0.5& total Viewrs below a million.
      2.Itll have enough episodes for syndication
      3.ABCFamily is rebranding & has two single cam comedies in devolpment & want older 20s something’s to watch
      4.The sl is reaching a natrual conclusion now that Joes no linger a “manny”,Mel & Zoe are married,Lennox & zryder are adults.
      I agree BD & Y& H have worse ratings and I suspect they’ll next to go but PLL-despite it’s ratings drop-is still the networks highest rated show and WS renewed for seasons six& seven.
      I like M& J too but am just glad for the four seasons and Likley proper ending well have cause lots of shows don’t get that.

9. says