Against the Wall: Cancelled; No Season Two

Against the Wall canceledLifetime has decided that neither of its freshman dramas are worthy of a second season. The cable channel cancelled The Protector in September and they’ve now canned Against the Wall as well.

Against the Wall stars Rachael Carpani as Abby Kowalski, a single cop who joins the Chicago department’s internal affairs division. The series’ co-stars include Andrew Walker, Brandon Quinn, Chris Johnson, Daniel Kash, James Thomas, Kathy Baker, Marisa Ramirez, Mayko Nguyen, Steve Byers, and Treat Williams.

Debuting on July 31st, the show attracted a mediocre 1.8 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic, about on par with The Protector. Unfortunately, the numbers didn’t improve throughout the season. The 12th and 13th episodes (now the show’s last) aired on October 23rd. They each drew 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 demo ratings.

Lifetime recently ordered 10 more episodes of successful (and likely ending) Army Wives and also has Drop Dead Diva to help launch new shows. The cable channel has ordered The Client List, with Jennifer Love Hewitt reprising her role from the successful movie. Lifetime also has a few pilots on tap like Modern Love starring Eric Stoltz, American Housewife with Melanie Griffith, and Sworn To Secrecy, a movie and back-door pilot that stars Neve Campbell.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Against the Wall won’t be back for a second season? Why do you think the drama didn’t catch on?

Michelle April 24, 2013 at 9:01 am

Seriously sucks I love Against The Wall….

Karen Wren April 23, 2013 at 11:09 am

I am upset that Against the Wall is not returning for a second season, I really enjoyed the show especially with a fellow Aussie playing the lead role. I don’t think stations publise new shows enough to ensure that they get a fair go. Really disappointed!

stacy peterson April 2, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I think they need to bring back Against the Wall. I loved that show. What can we do to get it back?

Jamie Bremner March 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Iam very-very upset. we loved that show! My daughters and I looked forward to watching it after I got off work. Is there any thing we can do to get it back?

Erika de Vries March 2, 2013 at 8:53 am

I think it truly sucks that there isn’t gonna be a second season of Against the Wall. I was just getting into this series. Sure it takes a while to build up the characters. Why doesn’t the network give the series another go? I’m sure that the investment will pay itself back eventually.

P March 1, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I am disappionted that these excutives create these programs with strong women in these leading roles,that are great and muture ROLE MODELS for youth especially women.Such as “Against the Wall” Abbey Internal Affairs investigator cool,trying to find her way in a mans club.Kathy Baker (Mom) redifining her life now her children are grown and having a bit of an empty nest tariffic.So said!!! it was cancelled.
Also the same goes for Fairly Legal,yet another disappointment in tv show, something that turns a negitave into a positive because a lawyer Kate has an objective of helping a client rather than $$$$.I wish all lawyers were so concensious in there jobs.She is also a ROLE MODEL giving young people the idea they have a choice in life to make a DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.
If shows we loved of yesteryear would have been cancelled like Cagney & Lacey WOW! maybe the roles of woemn in primetime lead roles would be non exsitant.
P

kim February 23, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I was looking forward to season 2. At least give the show a chance to redeem itself.

JESSICA S. February 18, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I’M SOOO UPSET RIGHT NOW!!! I LOVED AGAINST THE WALL I JUST ABOUT WATCH EVERY MOVIE OR SHOW LIFETIME HAS ON…. I WAS SOOO LOOKING FOR SEASON 2 TOO COME BACK ON AND NOW IT’S CANCELLED AFTER THE FRIST SEASON I REALLY DONT THINK THEY GAVE IT MUCH HOPE TO MAKE IT TO BEGIN WITH……. I REALLY HOPE LIFETIME SEE ALL OF US LOYAL VIEWRS ARE UPSET ABOUT THIS AND HOPEFULLY THEY CHANGE THEIR MINDS….. I SAY PUT IT BACK ON THE AIR AND SEE HOW WELL IT DOES, IF IT DOES WELL PUT IT BACK ON FOR THE 2 SEASON AND IF IT DONT DO WELL CANCEL IT AGAIN BUT I THINK LIFETIME OWES US THAT MUCH CANT LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT…….. PLEASE PUT AGAINST THE WALL BACK ON FOR SEASON 2!!!!!!

Mary January 26, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I have been wondering when they were going to bring it back only to find out it was cancelled. When a show is really good they take it off, why is that? Should have given it another chance. They need to take off other shows before they took off this one.

Chris January 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I am truly disappointed to hear that against the wall is not comming back. I absolutely loved that show ans watched every episode up to the season finale. It is not right to leave a cliffhanger like that and not ever know what would of happened. I pray they bring it back for at least one more season. It was my all time favorite series.

Jimmy January 16, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Looked all over for this show, It was one of my favorites, Lifetime must be nuts or crazy to drop shows like this, Sounds like they need a new CEO or Producer or whoever is in charge.

Roxanne January 14, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Bring it back. Loved it

Fonda January 8, 2013 at 11:46 am

I’m very sad about this show not being on, I always looked forward to watching it every week and now I found out it will not be back on!

Andrea January 2, 2013 at 3:18 am

I have been waiting for this show to come back on, only to find out, it’s cancelled! This was a great show, I don’t think enough advertising thru lifetime is why this was not a success! I thought this was a great show! So sad

janie January 1, 2013 at 12:00 am

Thats’ sad. I’ve been looking forward to the next installment of “AGAINST THE WALL” it’s one of the NOT STUPID SHOWS. The cast is wonderful. How many shows get a chance to improve in season 2 almost getting canceled? NOT MANY! You have to give new shows a chance ! It’s a shame. You have wonderful actors like Treat Williams and Kathy Baker, never mind the many young actors who are wonderful up and coming talents in their own right. What I like the least, is that first timers are cut short and you don’t get closer. That’s not fair to your audience who watches faithfully.

PLEASE…..READ AND TRY TO PROCESS THIS INFORMATION & DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. TV IN SO MANY CASES IS THE ONLY ENTERTAINMENT MANY PEOPLE HAVE ACCESS TO AND IT IS IMPORTANT TO THEM. BY STOPPING SHOWS PREMATURELY, A LOT OF JOY IS TAKEN AWAYFROM YOUR LOYAL VIEWERS.

Janie