Almost Human: Cancelled by FOX, No Season Two

Almost Human canceled or season twoFOX has lowered the ax on Almost Human. The show has been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

Taking place in the future, Almost Human follows the partnership of a distrustful cop (Karl Urban) and an android capable of emotion (Michael Ealy). The cast also includes Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby, and Lili Taylor.

The series started strongly in the ratings but the numbers declined over the course of the season. The season finale hit a series low with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.6 million total viewers.

Almost Human was reportedly still in the running for a second season until recently. Apparently several of FOX’s new pilots are strong contenders for next season so network execs have decided to let Almost Human go.

What do you think? Did you like this series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Grandma Pat April 30, 2014 at 12:10 pm

As others have remarked, another intelligent show gets the ax while drivel stays on. I don’t care about survivors, bachelors and bachelorettes, or any show that proposes to be a “reality” show-so heavily scripted and drama laden, as to be ridiculous. Fox does have a nasty habit of moving stuff all over the place, making it very difficult to build up a fan base from those of us who may not have the equipment, or the smarts, to record for future viewing. I wind up going to Discovery, A&E, or the History channels when I can’t get a decent show on live.

Pat Jones April 30, 2014 at 11:43 am

This was a favorite of mine. I don’t know why you have to take the good shows off and put on trash with cussing, nudity. Please bring it back or another tv channel start showing it. Quit aiming at people ages 18-49. There are the ones of us 50 and above that watch tv and probably have more time to watch tv as the 18-49.

Lori April 30, 2014 at 10:50 am

It is such a shame they cancelled Almost Human, I liked it very much. Fox is notorious for not giving new shows a chance. It should be made mandatory that when a show is cancelled another network is given the chance to pick it up.

Liz April 30, 2014 at 9:06 am

Wow! This was such a great show. It was new, interesting, funny… I can’t believe FOX will keep that stupid American Idol and cancel yet another great show. Mark my words though, this will have a lasting impact with many jsut as Firefly did.

Rogers April 30, 2014 at 7:54 am

I wish that SyFy, USA or TNT would pick up this series.

John Edwards April 30, 2014 at 7:37 am

Thank you for cancelling another great show that was action packed, funny and was very thought provoking at times but you still have american idol

Cancel American Idol and Renew Almost Human

ron April 30, 2014 at 6:09 am

Fox is good for this.Did samething to Sarah Connor Chronicles, Terminator. If it wasnt for BONES id never turn your station on again cause u have nothing else…my opinion.goodbye fox im done with you for good.

Daniel April 30, 2014 at 4:27 am

Once again, Fox has taken an intelligent show and thrown it by the wayside. It’s ashame that the days of a series actually being 20-25 episodes have been diminished to half that with no real commitment to seeing if a show will stand the test of time… especially when these short “seasons” are interrupted halfway through and those viewers who were just getting into the show become distracted with the temporary replacement (the Olympics), without any real effort to re-engage the audience.

A good show takes time to develop the cast connections and backstory behind what we see, and this was on it’s way to becoming a great show. Too bad the bean-counters are too blinded to see they had a winner on their hands if they had only given it proper attention.

A sad day indeed… ;(

rebecca April 30, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I AM WITH YOU, THAT IS WHAT CBS IS GOING TO DO WITH INTELLIGENCE. FOX DID WITH ALMOST HUMAN.

Greg April 30, 2014 at 2:56 am

As usual Fox cancels a good show and keeps the crap. If they hadn’t yanked it off the air for a month during the Olympics then maybe the audience could have gotten bigger instead of smaller.

Kirk April 30, 2014 at 2:39 am

I am sure that the demographic samples are stupid. As people said previously, kids of 18-25 care only for social shows and activities, they don’t care about quality… you can sell shit to them just because you wrapped them in good looking wrapping material. Also the demographics don’t take in count the re-runs, people work that time and might have re-run it at a later time or watch it online later on. At my age 30+ we come back home tired from work, and we care only for three things: Shower, dinner and a good show to relax and finally sleep. I don’t care about dramas that are the evolution of old fashioned soap operas. I care for sci-fi, action and comedies… stuff that will let your mind go, forget the day-by-day stress.
Some must tell FOX and the rest of the broadcasters that these 5.6 millions that watched the last episode have the right at least to a disclosure of the story… Almost Human strongly reminded me the Blade Runner. A great movie hit.
Stop cancelling good shows and stop those reality shows that do nothing else but getting us really bored!

Linda April 30, 2014 at 2:24 am

It is an excellent show. Interesting ideas about a possible future. Actual science fiction. What a shame to cancel.

Shelley April 30, 2014 at 2:21 am

I enjoyed the show. Seems like they cancel the good ones and keep some really stupid reality shows on!!!

Megan April 30, 2014 at 1:49 am
Wolfa moon April 30, 2014 at 1:17 am

No more fox for me. I am never watching this channel again. Give them another season to wrap up the story. Who gives a crap about American idol. Who can dance. Who cares. This is a great show and fox should not buy these shows in the first place. Good bye fox

Tay April 30, 2014 at 12:53 am

I am tired of the same thing where these networks cancels good tv shows for as I call them garbage tv shows. Almost human was a really good show I enjoyed to watch on Monday nights, this show had enough ratings to the point where it could have return, they need to stop counting and always depend on the 18-49 demo most 18-25 year olds could almost careless about watching tv because they are either in college/studying, working and or partying 26–100 years demo is more the ones who will watch tv in its live airing and or TiVo or watching it online and also for those who still VHS recorders as I am still one that have 5 VHS recorders/players that might record and watch later, please networks stop taking away shows they people over 26-100 plus years still watch and like.