Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Kyra April 2, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Please , please, please DON’T cancel Betrayel it was one of my favorite shows on tv . I loved watching it , because it was so true to real life and what could really happen . I think the two biggest reasons that there wasn’t enough viewings on this show was because
1 . football was on and a lot of people are going to watch football of any tv show it’s just the facts .
2 . And plus the times on this show were so late , just put it on a little earlier like 9 it’s a much better time for people to view . At times if I couldn’t stay up I would just watch it on demand it doesn’t mean people weren’t watching it , a lot of people tape shows and view them when it’s more convienent for them .
Please consider other options and try another season I love this show as a lot of my friends do to . So I’m not understanding why it’s even being considered on the cancel list … BRING IT BACK PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Kim April 1, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Don’t cancel Betrayal, it’s an awesome tv show. I’d hate for season two not to come on.

doryn April 1, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Please and please dont cancel the serie,
It’s the best ever. I will be so heart broken.

Caterina April 1, 2014 at 1:57 am

Yes bring it back, you didn’t give a chance, but don’t forget The Apprentice his coming back this fall,so don’t put betrayal same night or hour, !!!!Bring it back make number 1 show? You need to make more Interest,and a early time, the views go to bed by 10Pm,So bring it know in April, there his nothing on TV same carbage.Bring Betrayal Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dena March 31, 2014 at 11:01 pm

I think they should try a 2nd season I loved the show!!!

MLL March 31, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I look forward to Betrayal Dont Cancel!!!! I love the show.

sharon mill March 31, 2014 at 2:30 am

Betrayal is my favourite show. I look forward to it every week. If you want to cancel something cancel Once Upon a Time -that show makes me want to puke. Please keep it.

Deborah Hobdy March 30, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I love this show, please, please, please give us a second season!

Dana March 30, 2014 at 8:36 pm

The show was great !!! Don’t cancel it I’m so excited for another season .

lorraine March 30, 2014 at 4:47 pm

DON”T CANCEL GREAT SHOW!

Dee March 30, 2014 at 2:11 pm

It is a great show and should not be cancelled.

Carina Sampaio March 30, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I love this serie, and i hope, honestly that not be cancelled, because it very good and exciting!! Betrayal, come back, please!!!

jayme greene March 30, 2014 at 9:14 am

I enjoyed Betrayal I like the actors in it, the story is remarkable, I will be very upset if it got cancelled. Thank you.

Debbie March 29, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Please don’t cancel betrayal I love this show!! This show is on late and on a night that all the good shows are on. Maybe you should put it on at a different time and night. This show is hot! I love all the characters and story line. Please please don’t cancel this show!

Debbie

Jules March 28, 2014 at 9:35 am

Please dont cancel betryal I loved it and so did my coworkers!