Breaking In: Cancelled TV Show Renewed for Season Two

Breaking In season twoIt looks like Christian Slater’s bad luck on television has changed and he has another Adam F. Goldberg show to thank for it. Slater previously struck out with NBC’s My Own Worst Enemy and ABC’s the forgotten. His FOX sitcom, Breaking In, was also cancelled after one short season on FOX but now, the network has ordered a second season.

A mid-season replacement, Breaking In was cancelled in May. Shortly afterward, the network started reconsidering the decision and was working with Sony Pictures TV to possibly continue the sitcom after all. In July, it was revealed that Breaking In’s chances were still alive when the options on the actors’ contracts were extended through November. In an encouraging move, both Sony and FOX paid for the extensions.

Breaking In was created by Goldberg and Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon. Goldberg has another sitcom in the works that will supposedly be autobiographical and focus on his 1980s upbringing. The other networks were heavily interested in the project but FOX was apparently willing to throw in a 13 episode renewal of Breaking In as leverage to get the show.

The entire cast of Breaking In is expected to return for season two, including Odette Annable who recently joined the cast of House. Apparently the deal includes provisions that will allow her to do both.

Breaking In is expected to return sometime in early 2012.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Breaking In is coming back?

Sandy Edwards November 29, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Thank you. I love Christian Slater and I love Breaking In. Can’t wait for its return.

Stacy November 17, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I am so happy to hear that Breaking In will return! I love Christian Slater! And I really enjoyed this show! Thank you thank you thank you!

shannon November 16, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Oh…I’m so glad it’s coming back. Every episode cracked me up. It really was a mid week pick me up. Can’t wait!

Suzanne November 3, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Yes! I’m very happy to hear it’s coming back. I thought the series was excellent! Very funy and entertaining. Great, fun cast! Yay!

Carrie November 1, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I’m really excited that Breaking In is being brought back. I thought the show was really funny and actually different than every other comedy that seems to revolve either around a family or a group of friends that always start dating each other.

Tina Rankin October 8, 2011 at 5:05 am

I love Breaking In! I’m glad it will be coming back. I’ve vowed not to watch anymore “New” shows since the networks pull them after only 1 season! (The Event, No Ordinary Family – Stupid NBC, & ABC!) At least I’ll get Breaking In back!

Anonymous October 2, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Yes, I am very excited that they are bringing the show back. With all due respect, whoever made the decision to take it off, is not very bright. Whoever writes that show is a genius!!!!! I have never religiously watched a tv show until I watched Breaking In. I love it!!!

debbie greenberg September 28, 2011 at 3:24 pm

He ll yea ItS a great show ,the family and friends come over to watch the show thank you fox for renewing the show

Angel Baer September 27, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I love Breaking in! I also loved The Forgotten and My Own Worst Enemy! Please leave Christian Slater shows on the air! I rarely watch tv but I never miss Christian Slater shows!