Castle: Season Five Ratings

Castle TV show ratingsThe competition for ratings on Monday nights is getting tougher and Castle’s ratings were already on the decline last season. Will it survive to see a sixth season or will it be cancelled after more than 100 episodes? Stay tuned.

The fifth season of Castle typically airs Monday nights at 10pm on the ABC network. The cast includes Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic, Jon Huertas, Molly Quinn, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Seamus Dever, Susan Sullivan, and Tamala Jones.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Castle is going to be cancelled or renewed for a sixth season.

Final season averages: 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.18 million total viewers.

Episode 05-24: Monday, 05/13/13
2.1 in the demo (+5% change) with 11.16 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.04 in the demo with 10.18 million.

UPDATE: ABC has renewed this show for a sixth season for 2013-14.

Episode 05-23: Monday, 05/06/13
2.0 in the demo (0% change) with 10.84 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.04 in the demo with 10.18 million.

Episode 05-22: Monday, 04/29/13
2.0 in the demo (-13% change) with 10.53 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 2.04 in the demo with 10.15 million.

Episode 05-21: Monday, 04/22/13
2.3 in the demo (+15% change) with 11.76 million (+16% change).
Season averages: 2.04 in the demo with 10.13 million.

Episode 05-20: Monday, 04/15/13
2.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 10.18 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 2.03 in the demo with 10.05 million.

Episode 05-19: Monday, 04/01/13
2.2 in the demo (+5% change) with 11.79 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.03 in the demo with 10.05 million.

Episode 05-18: Monday, 03/25/13
2.1 in the demo (-5% change) with 10.57 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.02 in the demo with 9.95 million.

Episode 05-17: Monday, 03/18/13
2.2 in the demo (-4% change) with 11.26 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 2.02 in the demo with 9.91 million.

Episode 05-16: Monday, 02/25/13
2.3 in the demo (0% change) with 10.77 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 2.01 in the demo with 9.83 million.

Episode 05-15: Monday, 02/18/13
2.3 in the demo (+15% change) with 9.85 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 1.99 in the demo with 9.76 million.

Episode 05-14: Monday, 02/11/13
2.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 8.97 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.96 in the demo with 9.76 million.

Episode 05-13: Monday, 02/04/13
1.8 in the demo (-10% change) with 8.89 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.96 in the demo with 9.82 million.

Episode 05-12: Monday, 01/21/13
2.0 in the demo (+5% change) with 8.82 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.98 in the demo with 9.90 million.

Episode 05-11: Monday, 01/14/13
1.9 in the demo (0% change) with 9.14 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 1.97 in the demo with 9.99 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 05-10: Monday, 01/07/13
1.9 in the demo (+12% change) with 8.66 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.98 in the demo with 10.08 million.

Episode 05-09: Monday, 12/03/12
1.7 in the demo (-15% change) with 8.50 million (-18% change).
Season averages: 1.99 in the demo with 10.24 million.

Episode 05-08: Monday, 11/19/12
2.0 in the demo (+5% change) with 10.36 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.02 in the demo with 10.46 million.

Episode 05-07: Monday, 11/12/12
1.9 in the demo (0% change) with 10.07 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 2.03 in the demo with 10.47 million.

Episode 05-06: Monday, 11/05/12
1.9 in the demo (-14% change) with 10.02 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.05 in the demo with 10.54 million.

Episode 05-05: Monday, 10/29/12
2.2 in the demo (+10% change) with 10.84 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.08 in the demo with 10.64 million.

Episode 05-04: Monday, 10/15/12
2.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 10.94 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.05 in the demo with 10.59 million.

Episode 05-03: Monday, 10/08/12
2.2 in the demo (+16% change) with 10.61 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.07 in the demo with 10.47 million.

Episode 05-02: Monday, 10/01/12
1.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 10.35 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 10.40 million.

Episode 05-01: Monday, 09/24/12
2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.45 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.10 in the demo with 10.45 million.

Year-to-year, the Castle debut was down by 34% in the demo (vs a 3.2 rating) and down by 21% in viewers (vs 13.28 million). It was the lowest demo since April 2012 and the lowest viewership since February 2012.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.71 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Castle TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

Vickie April 23, 2013 at 2:34 pm

This is my favorite show on TV right now. My BF even likes this show and he is very critical. Castle and Beckett are so good together. PLEASE do not cancel this show!

judy April 23, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Castle is a terrific show…very entertaining. Please DO NOT cancel.

bob crystal April 22, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Finally got a decent show considering the crap that’s on tv. Cancel…whatever. A moron’s a moron. Castle’s a great show and has everything a great show should have. So…you do what you gotta do. Most of you in charge are idiots anyway.

Have a nice day and try not to stumble over your tongues.
Sincerely
Bob Crystal
McAlester, Ok.

Colleen April 21, 2013 at 9:17 am

Don’t end Castle it is one of the two shows I watch.

Alex April 17, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Don’t cancel Castle !!! Actually, it is the only show I have really enjoyed watching. Castle has everything a good show needs, it would be very cruel if they canceled the show

Montana Kate April 16, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Castle is one of the best shows that ABC has..The writing is fantastic…The acting is great…I enjoy this show…It is very addicting…it is funny…smart…Hoping that ABC does not cancel it…

Patti April 16, 2013 at 12:02 am

Castle is the only show worth watching on ANY station. It has it all – kookieness to charm. I cannot remember a more entertaining show. Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic are the perfect TV couple. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. We watch Castle on Monday nights and have never missed an episode. NO NEED TO START NOW!!!!!!!

pippa April 15, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Castle is entertainment! Reminiscent of Nick & Nora Charles…its classy, comedic and cool! Thank you ABC for giving us a show that just plain fun!

Trynn April 13, 2013 at 3:04 am

If the ratings are down, it might be because the quality of filming has fallen off. The acting and writing are superb, but there are times it looks like they’re filming by candlelight. I don’t know if this season is supposed to be “artsy” or “moody” what. It simply looks like very poor quality lighting as compared to previous seasons. Watch on ABC Monday nights & then watch the reruns on cable & you’ll see a major difference.

Barb Dubour April 12, 2013 at 2:55 am

After all these years, I still don’t understand television. Castle has great viewership among the 49+ age group–the age group with buying power yet we are all but ignored. I LOVE Castle & think its mix of wonderful actor chemistry and writing make it one of the best on TV at the moment. Sure hope we get several more years to enjoy!

Derek Campbell April 10, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Castle is what keeps me alive and gets me through each week. I have stopped watching Revenge (too flashy, too unbelievable), NCIS has become boring, Bones should be dead and buried.
As far as I’m concerned, CASTLE is the only worthwhile show on TV – story-lines are plausible, action is credible, chemistry electrifying, Stana and Nathan, in particular, are outstanding along with the rest of the cast, Andrew and his writers still have the knack of keeping it real and interesting
Please do not cancel CASTLE. I do not know how I would cope without my weekly intake of CASTLE. I don’t relish the thought of withdrawing into a corner, howling my eyes out. Even as I write this now, my eyes are watering with a sense of grief, the pain is almost unbearable. There are still too many stories and more to develop between Stana and Nathan for this show to be cancelled
My vote – no season six, no more reason to live

Claudia Wilson April 9, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I really love this show!! It’s so addicting and at one point, I didn’t think of school work, only CASTLE(: It’s a very good show with everything in it! Love, murder, comedy, and Castle himself(: I think the show should really be renewed. People who don’t watch, are really missing out!!!!(:

Shannon Robinson April 7, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Please do not cancel this show. I loved “Harry’ Law”, it’s gone, now I’m into Castle and there’s talk of cancelling it! There is so much garbage television, all the fake ” reality” shows, come on , leave us who like quality shows, something to watch, please!

Margaret April 6, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I love Castle,him and Beckett have a special relationship . I would like to see Castle renewed. Cancel Hawaii 5 -0 or something else not Castle,I can’t wait to see their episodes,it’s an addiction.

Leona April 4, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I agree, if they cancel Caskett, I mean Castle, lol….that’s it. I will be done watching shows. It has everything I want in a good show. I just don’t see how they could cancel …after all we’ve been through…as Castle himself would say. It would be cruel to cancel it now!