Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Art August 2, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Please renew crossing lines. I watched and enjoyed every episode. Give it another chance!

Serge August 2, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Renew… One of my favorites!

Donna August 2, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Please renew Crossing Lines. It’s not only well written but has more depth and intrigue than American crime dramas. Give it a chance NBC!

Elyse August 1, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I would watch it anywhere. I’m a huge William Fichtner fan, but, besides that, I love the international actors and settings of the show. I also like the fact that the show is willing to delve into edgier and more adult issues than the networks think we can tolerate. I believe that’s one of the reasons that the network are losing so much of their audiences to cable, both basic and premium. Homeland is but one example.

Gail July 30, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Tell NBC to keep it on!!!!

Chris Collins July 30, 2014 at 3:26 pm

How the show airs for a second season!

Gilda Morgan July 30, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Great show! I agree wholeheartedly with the previous posts – Crossing Lines was one of the best shows on TV. I sincerely hope another channel will pick it up. Donald Sutherland is, as usual, outstanding. And I love the interjection of the characters’ “angst?” into the storylines.

Gilda Morgan July 30, 2014 at 3:22 pm

jean margolis July 28, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Please renew crossing lines. There is not that much well written well acted series of its kind on tv. Maybe a better time slot would help the ratings. I don’t see why it hasn’t garnered a bigger audience. It is quality tv

Mike Lorenz July 27, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Definitely needs to be renewed. It’s a great show, acting, characters and production are superb and the story lines are convincing and addicting.

Lee July 27, 2014 at 9:06 pm

We LOVE this show. Please please run season 2. We’ll watch it whatever it’s on.. NBC or cable.

Ginny Holsomback July 27, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I thought this was a great show and loved watching it. I hope NBC picks it up because there are people out there that are sick of comedies and realities shows!

Angela Iaconi July 27, 2014 at 4:38 pm

I loved crossing lines and would watch it on NBC or a cable channel, but I liked it on NBC, hope they play it on NBC so those who don’t have cable can enjoy it!

Elizabeth Rabon July 27, 2014 at 4:04 pm

We love Crossings Lines and look forward to season 2.

Linda Harris July 27, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Please bring back Crossing Lines one of the best shows on TV – I don’t care which channel picks it up me and my friends will watch. It’s the topic of discussion when we get together